Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 5.5 wont Install

Support for Ultimate Edition 5.5

Ultimate Edition 5.5 wont Install

Postby k3rNeL-p@n1c » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if anyone who has tried using Ultimate Edition 5.5 is able to get it to work. I have tried installing it and have tried using it Live and either way I cant get past the screen it just sits there and loads with a pointer and a black screen

CPU

4 x AMD Phenom II N970 Quad Core Processor

4 GB RAM

Radeon Notebook HD 6000M Series

240 GB Corsair SSD
Last edited by k3rNeL-p@n1c on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
k3rNeL-p@n1c
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 5.5 wont Install

Postby Reticent » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:30 pm

After downloading to reserved contiguous space* via multiple streams from SourceForge, UEv5.5 booted and ran the usual bells-and-whistles (Live) reasonably - on my usual (Intel cpu/gpu ) test box.

Symptom described by k3rNeL-p@n1c resembles that best served by applicable initial modeset suppression; of course, without hardware specs, that's only an educated guess ;) .

(Settings crashes harmlessly after adjusting appearance factors; nothing major, considering.)

*GrUB4dOS boots ISOs from a USB flash device, provided they're contiguous.
Reticent
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby Pierre » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:11 am

so, the usual question is:
Have your checked the ISOs checksum is correct ?
:geek:
and - did you try running it as a virtual system?.
:)
that's what I'd do with any newly released system.
:ugeek:
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby k3rNeL-p@n1c » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Posted specs for Machine sorry total noob moment as I was frustrated. I downloaded it twice and ran it in Virtualbox but it goes to the point where it asks me if I want to install it or run it Live. I have tried both with no avail. I will try to load it on a USB I guess and take my chances. worse comes to worse i run the backup and it takes 25 minutes to get everything back.
k3rNeL-p@n1c
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby k3rNeL-p@n1c » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:51 pm

Well I do not know why but I was unable to get this to boot no matter I did with Virtualbox but I decided to make a ballsy move and just go for it so I installed on a USB stick using one of the proggies and installed and I was able to get it to install and run fine. Thanks TheeMahn for another great OS.
k3rNeL-p@n1c
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby corkman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Out of 100's of OS"s, Ultimate Edition has to be my favorite of all, so I was super-excited to hear about the latest fruition of TheeMann's awesome efforts to make it even better.

I also could not figure out how to install it, but fortunately I did get a little farther along--on the install gui, a page comes up with two checkboxes, and nothing I do can make the text appear. I cannot recall what these options were on previous installs, and have yet to try installing an older version to see what is being asked of me. All probability points to it being something along the lines of "update during install" or "ok to add third party (fluendo, etc.)".

Bravely attempting to install blindly by selecting options just leads to another screen with checkboxes and no text appears. I have tried changing theme, font colors, highlighting selection, etc. but have yet to figure out the right button to make the text appear. Maybe I simply do not have that font loaded on my machine? attempting this on a stock HP elitebook 6930p and would be quick to blame operator (myself) error--there is a 'right' button and it probably is WAY too obvious for me to see. I will try again the next time i replace the OS on my good machine, it's running too nice to wipe it now :lol:

Thanks for taking over this project and keeping it very much alive and well. all versions of Ultimate Edition are their own individual works of art/things of beauty.
corkman
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby aarn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:48 am

Downloaded from sourceforge and md5sum worked fine (.....7c7). From a (custsomized) Debian 9/'stretch' system, dd method can create a live usb but can't install. Using mulstisystem (French origin), will run but not install. As unetbootin no longer available in debian/ubuntu repositories, I went to a win10 system and using Unetbootin #647.exe tried to create a usb but not functional after usual reboot then hit f12 key etc... Any tips? Try with rufus etc? Cheers, AA
aarn
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other O/S

Return to Ultimate Edition 5.5