Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

No sound

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 5.1

No sound

Postby Shamalamadingdong » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:31 am

Hello everyone,
Wonderful thing I discovered here in the new OS I have chosen to embark on.
I am brand new to the Linux style of life and this is my first adventure. I have a somewhat "ok" sort of knowledge in pc's and software, not much of as in the lines of programming.
Anyhow, I am kinda running on a lil dated set up . It's a Asus P5E MoBo with 4 Gb of ram, a nvidia geforce 650 vid card, Creative labs soundblaster audigy sound card in the 5.1 surround set up. Roughly the 950gb Hdd . Waiting to update after tax returns this year. I build my own pc's so kinda know the set ups a lil.
Anyhow noobie wo0obie woo here in the Linux style of life and loving the interface with this Ultimate Ed. 5.1 "FANTASTIC WORK"
My problem is I am still in the learning to walk stages of Linux life and have browsed somewhat in the forum for answer(s) before coming here but don't completely understand the os configurations and requirements to installing everything and the actual areas to do all required. I have been a Win user for quite sometime and have become so disappointed with all they are doing to that system I have to move on. The system is so overloading of co0mpnents and causing soo many issues hardware and software related , throw in the running apps and network overloads to a system and it's sickening. So came my choice to move to your system.
I can't and don't fully understand the troubleshooting required for figuring out my loss of sound since switching to Ultimate Edition 5.1.
I don't fully know where and how to trouble shoot the issue. I have it when I switch over to Win 10 but now in Ultimate Edition 5.1 I am soundless. Can someone plese tell me what I am missing and how to correct the issue. I did check out something with configuration as in the sound settings and was offered a few choices of analog and digital settings to pick and so forth, but none correct my issue. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated omn my self teaching of my new lifes adventure. Thank you all and godspeed for the dedication involved in your system and its remarkable smoothness and performance.
P.S. can someone link me Wine for this set up as well ? Trying to set up to run Diablo 3 RoS on Ultimate Edition 5.1 ... like I said, noobie woobie woo here and still learning to walk. I have playonlinux, my files from win 10 trans over, tried to execute the D3 battlenet launcher.exe and got a fatal error and it mentioned something with correct something in wine and I'm not sure what I got really. Sorry for vagueness , but I was trying to get my sound issue solved same time this issue came forth and I decided while still kinda fresh in the ol' noodle I would come to the forum and search around and if no prevail post. So Viola ! My first Linux post! :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Shamalamadingdong
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: No sound

Postby Lightleader1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:57 am

greetings Sham. I am in the same boat with you. Total Linux idiot. I'm computer literate. Owned and operated a computer store and worked as a computer tech. several years. My problem is too stuck on previous knowledge. May I ask what system you have installed Ultimate on? I stumbled upon Ultimate searching for an alternative OP system for a recent laptop I purchased. In the last week I have converted a half dozen machines over to Linux systems. I have got to tell you though-------Ultimate totally blew me away. For the first time in many years I feel like I now have a real computer system, it was love at first sight. I was unable to download a viable copy of ultimate 5.1 X64 from sourceforge. After days, 6 downloads two different computers, three different operating systems and several download managers I discovered it wasn't me or the machines. Went through my stack of burnt dvds and thumbdrives and ran a file check and on all of them there were two files that were corrupt. Which two I have no idea. I finally found in the live edition, installed software a file "install to HD" so I took it. Several updates popped up saying "can't install corrupt or missing files". But I finally have Ultimate installed (wouldn't install from a single ISO menu downloaded, only could once in the program. I've been unable to access Netflix, Hulu, or Email (through mail client) Google locks me out. Everything else is working great. Have you figured out your sound issue yet? Did you run all the software manager updates? Any one know what Discover is???? I go there and it looks like a repository with nothing in it. Just wanted to say something here to get started----great job P.S. your getting some bad press at Sourceforge (any administrators listening?) all the pissed off people not as determined as me to get Ultimate up and running, complaining about not being able to install your great program. Thanks for listening Lightleader
Lightleader1
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 5.1