Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Welcome to Ultimate Edition 5.1

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 5.1

Welcome to Ultimate Edition 5.1

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:44 pm

Your feedback is appreciated. Good or bad, feel free to post.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Welcome to Ultimate Edition 5.1

Postby philixthekat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:33 am

What happened to desktop effects in system settings? Some of the kool effects are not there. Wobbly, fall apart, desktop cube, all gone. They were there in alpha. How do we get them back? Better yet how do we get KDE to have all the eye candy as possible.
philixthekat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby billhedrick » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:37 pm

yea... I think you like KDE more than I do TheeMan...
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:38 pm

I bet you are wrong I am solid booting 4.2.4, there is no Windows on my system and to be correct as of current multiple machines in house 0 have Windows period ;) I have nothing short of 10 computers in this house. I do have a rig running 5.1, that I am building for a client:
20170116_172831.jpg
The stack of PC's you see to the left of the workstation will have 5.1 on them. Hard to work someone to mate or a terminal when all they understand is Windows ;)

Let me tell you a story, my Nephew just got busted dropping his entire schools internet. Suspended for 3 days. And unable to wrestle and a phenomenal Wrestler. His in-ability to wrestle dropped a bomb on him. My family has asked me if I thought him how to hack. Step back, this is not the first time he has done it. I told him he would eventually be caught and I am glad he did. He told me there are too dumb to catch him. I am glad he got caught. He looks up to me, love him to death. I am glad he got caught. He would have gotten progressively worse. Take heed, there is nothing to be gained in malicious activities. Use your intelligence to better the world.

I told him see I told you, that fella will be better then I across the board. I did not keep giving him crap, he instantly caught what I was saying. He will teach the IT department how he did it and teach them how to prevent future infestations. He has a fantastic heart. Cocky, wonder where he got that? Tanner you rock!

After the educational process I have no problem teaching him programming as well as Operating System Development. Someone has to replace me right? Bill Gates on Crack w/o the crack lol
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby XXxjoker21xXX » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:37 am

I am on it Live Thee Mahn seems as though a a solid system although i need to install a custom Kernel to run it after install can you help me install the 4.9 kernel so i can install it on my PC? I like the sound greetings you have in it sofar i like it just wished i could get the newer kernel in it so i can install and use it... <BREW> :D

will you send me a link or download of the 5.4 your working on it would save me a ton of trouble?
AMD FX8370 BEAST @ 4.9ghrz in a Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2 Motherboard with 16 gigs of Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2400mghrz ram and XFX Radeon R9 390X DD Black Edition GPU with 10 Hard drives running Win10, Manjaro, Ultimate Edition 5.0 custom, Ultimate Edition 5.1 and others....
XXxjoker21xXX
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby XXxjoker21xXX » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:40 am

whAT HAPPENED TO THE 1.9.8 TMOSB THAT was supposed to be in this edition all i see is 1.9.7 and it does nothing? :?:
AMD FX8370 BEAST @ 4.9ghrz in a Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2 Motherboard with 16 gigs of Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2400mghrz ram and XFX Radeon R9 390X DD Black Edition GPU with 10 Hard drives running Win10, Manjaro, Ultimate Edition 5.0 custom, Ultimate Edition 5.1 and others....
XXxjoker21xXX
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby XXxjoker21xXX » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:41 am

With the Kernel you included it booted and worked fine after updating it.... Like the way it talks to you great OS sofar <BREW> :downthere
Last edited by XXxjoker21xXX on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXxjoker21xXX
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby XXxjoker21xXX » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:54 am

You need to update the install slideshow it still have the Copy $#!% in it that is long been history aswell as you need to change the color of the background so you can see the options it gives you while installing..... <BREW> :downthere
XXxjoker21xXX
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby XXxjoker21xXX » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:29 am

Finaly a OS i can install and then Modify the 5.1 booted perfectly after i installed it even on my newer GPU way to GO Thee Mahn :D <BREW>

The Display configuration needs some tweaking it wont allow me to have all 3 displays side by side untill i updated and upgraded :downthere
Last edited by XXxjoker21xXX on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXxjoker21xXX
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Daphantoms » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Ultimate Edition 5.1 is a nice OS got it install in a dual boot on my older HP dv8t laptop and loving it, i tried to dual boot my newer lenovo y700-15acz laptop with a amd a10 apu in it and i keep getting a unable to locate a live file system on it but with ubuntu 16.04 lts, it boots just fine.... anyone can help me on this one i would love to have Ultimate Edition on my newer computer also. i turned off SECURE BOOT even put it into bios mode but for some reason i don't think it will go 100% into bios mode because i tried to reinstall windows with a usb stick and it refuses to install by MBR it keeps going to GPT partition

Thanks
Daphantoms
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 5.1