Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

sh: 0: Can't open configure

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.8

sh: 0: Can't open configure

Postby Bobd-Linux-noobie » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:22 pm

I am having issues using the ./configure command. I have even went as far as using Kludge tarball installer to minimize errors do to my keybraoding skills. I have downloaded Pale Moon webbrowser for Linux as well as SeaMoney. I get the same error on both of these fills. I have Pale Moon running from the decompressed file. But i can not get it to install. The Folling are the instructions to install, But they do not work. As well as link to get source files. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Installation

Uninstall all previous versions of Pale Moon, if any.
Download the appropriate archive from http://sourceforge.net/p/pm4linux/files.

Extract the archive into /opt:

tar -xvf <palemoon_archive> -C /opt

Create a symbolic link /usr/bin/palemoon that points to /opt/palemoon/palemoon.

ln -s /opt/palemoon/palemoon /usr/bin/palemoon

Create symbolic links for the icons in /usr/share/icons/hicolor:

ln -s /opt/palemoon/browser/chrome/icons/default/default16.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/palemoon.png
ln -s /opt/palemoon/browser/chrome/icons/default/default32.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/palemoon.png
ln -s /opt/palemoon/browser/chrome/icons/default/default48.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/palemoon.png
ln -s /opt/palemoon/browser/icons/mozicon128.png /usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/palemoon.png

If you are on a Debian (based) distro, you might want to inform update-alternatives about the presence of Pale Moon (and make it available as x-www-browser and gnome-www-browser). An arbitrary score of 100 has been used here, you need to adjust it according to your needs.

update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gnome-www-browser gnome-www-browser /usr/bin/palemoon 100
update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/x-www-browser x-www-browser /usr/bin/palemoon 100

If you want hunspell/hyphen integration into Pale Moon, run the following:

rm -r /opt/palemoon/dictionaries /opt/palemoon/hyphenation
ln -s /opt/palemoon/dictionaries /usr/share/hunspell
ln -s /opt/palemoon/hyphenation /usr/share/hyphen

Ok i have got to this part here. I had a duh moment I forgot to log in as superuser. But the folling is where i am lost. I am using gedit as the text editer. How do is save as the "palemoon.desktop" as described below? By the way this browser works right after unzipping the file. I have found it to be very stable as well.

Make a menu entry by creating /usr/share/applications/palemoon.desktop in a text editor with the following contents:

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=Pale Moon Web Browser
Comment=Browse the World Wide Web
Keywords=Internet;WWW;Browser;Web;Explorer
Exec=palemoon %u
Terminal=false
X-MultipleArgs=false
Type=Application
Icon=palemoon
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;Internet
MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/xml;application/rss+xml;application/rdf+xml;image/gif;image/jpeg;image/png;x-scheme-handler/http;x-scheme-handler/https;x-scheme-handler/ftp;x-scheme-handler/chrome;video/webm;application/x-xpinstall;
StartupNotify=true
System Details:
CPU: AMD Athlon(TheeMahn) II X2 245 Processor
Motherboard: Biostar A780L3G
Chipset: AMD 760G / SB710
Lan: Realtek RTL8111DL - 10/100/1000 Controller
Audio: Realtek ALC662 6-Channel HD Audio
Memory: DDR3 4GB
Bobd-Linux-noobie
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other O/S

Re: sh: 0: Can't open configure

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Since you are using 3.8 you can create launchers with your panel, desktop, or launcher through Mate. In this manner all you have to do is launch the bin from there. Easier to upgrade this way too as you can just toss the old one out.

However since you are at the desktop entry here is what I would do.

Sorry, I am more familiar with Geany but you can use any editor. Still.....
Code: Select all
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:geany-dev/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install geany

sudo geany

Now we have a Root Editor..
and we will create a desktop entry...

Click on New and copy and paste this over..
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=Pale Moon Web Browser
Comment=Browse the World Wide Web
Keywords=Internet;WWW;Browser;Web;Explorer
Exec=palemoon %u
Terminal=false
X-MultipleArgs=false
Type=Application
Icon=palemoon
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;Internet
MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;application/xml;application/rss+xml;application/rdf+xml;image/gif;image/jpeg;image/png;x-scheme-handler/http;x-scheme-handler/https;x-scheme-handler/ftp;x-scheme-handler/chrome;video/webm;application/x-xpinstall;
StartupNotify=true

like so..
desktopentry.png

now save it as
palemoon.desktop
in usr/share/applications
desktopentry3.png

and though this is KDE, the idea is the same..I didn't install so you will get an icon but this should give you an idea..
desktopentry4.png

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.8