Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.8

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.8

Ultimate Edition 3.8

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Just start running Ultimate Edition 3.8? Let me start off with a pointer, let's engage the privacy and security features. I have disabled them by default in case you did not want to use them click Tools >> Addons in Firefox.
Google no-tracking url:
ff1.png
Very little doubt you will want to enable the Google no tracking url.

It is bad enough that Google records what you search for online, now they want to record which link you clicked on. This slows your browsing experience as you are first sent back to Google so they can record which search result you clicked, then finally sent to the website you actually wanted in the first place. Bad Google, now go sit in the corner. This plugin strips the redirection urls that Google trys to generate for you, so you can go directly to the website as it should be.

The other disabled plugin:
other.png

There is a good reason I did not enable this one. I ran it on my name and 53 Companies were tracking my useage etc. I revoked all their permissions from monitoring me, does a wonderful job & quite quickly. The downfall of me doing so? A couple apps on my iPhone ceased to function, use it just be careful what you revoke. I watch people use their computers to shop online, only to be greeted with ads on Facebook showing them the same product they just purchased. I wonder how Facebook knew that? Well run this plugin and that goes to the curb. Like I said be careful, or learn the hard way as I did. ;)

The enabled plugin Click and clean plugin is fairly self explanitory it when clicked cleans your history.
update.png
All plugins updates are also disabled, to keep them from bugging you should you decide not to use them.

Your feedback on the release of Ultimate Edition 3.8 is greatly appriciated. Feel free to voice your opinion here, or create a thread. Got an issue with Ultimate Edition 3.8, wireless not work etc. Feel free to open a thread, we have an awesome family of outstanding users and admin alike over 16,000 strong, we will try and address your issue(s). New to Ultimate Edition? Welcome aboard!!!

Admin, feel free to edit this post to put pressing issues with Ultimate Edition 3.8 etc.

Have a great weekend,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.8

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks, I wanted to have Compiz Ironed out (I do have tools in the works- fusion-tray). I am just way too behind on releases, Ill calm down as I approach Ultimate Edition 4.0's release. I am going to simultaneously launch Ultimate Edition 3.9 as a beta to the test server. It as well as Ultimate Edition 3.8 Final are uploading as I type this.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Am liking that fusion-tray-icon idea! Seems that regular fusion-icon has taken quite a beating in its workings! I have not seen it work right for close to a year now. Am grinning you are on the job working to fix it! No one else seems to care. You always do and that is what makes you the greatest developer out here, since you think about what all us users need! Is very very painful not to have the cable to download the newest Ultimate! Keep hoping hicktown here will move up to cable as am dying to see what has been done to Ultimate knowing how relentless you are to make things better! Sure, I will continue to build as enjoy it, but sure would prefer to have the best OS to do it with! Gnome is like walking on eggs! Am sure happy, I understood the relevance of having more than just one desktop! Gnome for work is good, but when it comes to things such as wine or emulators unrelated is a disaster area! Would also love to see your take on startup disks as is also another disaster area out here! Am just always excited to hear what is happening as I always know it is progression! Before, I saw your take on Mate, to me seemed not so good, boy did you turn me around on it, but still would love to see it separate from Gnome. Also the possibility of making these images beyond current limitation. When having all these desktops on a Ubuntu image along with dependencies seems space for programs is running short! Anyway, best of luck always! Will always be in your corner cheering! Love seeing the great ideas and brilliance you have and always hope that shines on forever!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:26 am

Thanks, Glad someone takes notice when I take matters into my own hands ;) I will be droping a pic of it in works on release page tomorrow.
inworks.png

Pretty neat, running live. I logged into Copy selected my bug-test folder to sync, not the other 3 to 400GB let it sync and ran it, no where close to being done. Let me get these O/S's out and behind me and I will get back to cranking out mass code ;)

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby chris47 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks for those tips Thee. So far running good, except for compiz.. I tried to set it up like I use to and the first thing that happened my whole desktop turned upside down and the words were backwards LOL... I looked at the help section, and it says you need to log out and then back in for any changes to take affect and nothing changed.. Other than that so far so good.. Ok in control panel I click on the window tab and I get the following message screenshot. What is this all about.
Attachments
screenshot.png
MB-ASUS Sabertooth FX 990 Rev 2.0
CPU- AMD FX 6200 X6 3.8Ghz Black Edition
RAM- 8Gig 2x4 Corsair XMS 3 1600 C9
Video-ASUS Nvidia GTX 550ti Fermi
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
HD- WD Raptor 10,000 RPm 150Gig
Monitor-Asus 23.6
PSU- Antec Earth Watts 650
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.3 64 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:15 pm

I love Compiz, so I need to set it up in 3.8... or wait and install 3.9? can you post a how to on this?
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby kraziekoi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:54 pm

After the awesome posts I've seen since I downloaded and installed 3.8 gold, there is little I can add except to say this is awesome! MUCH better than previous editions (yes, it's true). Solid, stable, smoothe and sweet! Can 4.0 really be better? Perhaps, and I can't wait to give it a run. In the meantime, I am totally impressed! TheeMahn, you are the best. For the rest who have not tried 3.8 gold, don't wait, run to the download. Install and relish in a truely great distro! Thanks again, TheeMahn.
kraziekoi
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby madhatter » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Why not a post to fix Compiz in 3.8...Would like to see one...first I need to figure out how to post my computere specs..so I don't have to keep typing it out...
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge l4
Processor Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13ghz
( 4 CPU'S )
Windows 7 / U E 3.8
madhatter
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby pam » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:53 am

Thee, im very happy with you keeping the size of Ultimate Edition 3.8 at 2.4GB. :D
I only imagine it getting smaller.
Who knows... :ugeek:
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:34 am

I am glad you ladies and gents like it, yes Ultimate Edition 4.0 is much better. I hope to have the fusion-tray application done by its release. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.8