Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

compiz

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.8

Re: compiz

Postby SpaceGhost » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:01 am

I issue the command from a command prompt: gtk-window-decorator, nothing happens. ????
SpaceGhost
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby kraziekoi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Pam---You're awesome!! IMHO you are an excellent forum contributor. Thanks for your interest and recommendations.
kraziekoi
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby pam » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:38 am

Off-Topic :
kraziekoi wrote:Pam---You're awesome!! IMHO you are an excellent forum contributor. Thanks for your interest and recommendations.

Thank You for your appreciation, Sir. <BREW>
Merry Christmas.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby UnixWolf » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Your gracious apology is open-heartedly accepted. I was truly worried what the response might be, having endured self-righteous and condescending admins at other lists. I worked long crafting my response so as to not respond from that posture. I am just an old fool.
UnixWolf
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby aboutblank » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:09 pm

12/23/2013:

On 12/22/2013 SpaceGhost wrote:

I started to play with some settings running Compiz Config Settings Manager ('CCSM'), now when I open an App, example terminator, it does not give me an option to minimize, maximize, or exit on the top of the app, and the app goes to the top far left of the screen. So far all my apps I open up, goes to the far top left of the screen.

I experienced the same scenario yesterday while playing with Compiz within the live-DVD of Ultimate Edition 3.8. The frustrating aspect to my experience was that about 12 hours prior, I had successfully activated the Compiz rotating cube, wobbly windows, etc., by making the changes in CCSM, then running compiz --replace in a terminal (activated with Alt-Ctrl-T).

(Aside: Why it is necessary to run this code after each change in CCSM settings is something of a mystery to me. I've also tried the latest Fedora MATE-Compiz 'spin' within the last couple of days, and once Compiz was activated (via a menu selection, one of several Fedora has included regarding Compiz in their 'live' menu system), making changes with CCSM did not require any further activation by entering code in a terminal. I also noted that CCSM had a 'MATE Compatibility' plug-in, not present under Ultimate Edition 3.8's version of Compiz on the Live DVD.)

After an Ultimate Edition 3.8 system freeze, I rebooted using the Ultimate Edition 3.8 live DVD, and attempted to set up the Compiz effects as I had just done during my first session, prior to the freeze. This time, however, when I ran compiz --replace in a terminal, I noticed that the scrolling information in the terminal seemed to end prematurely, always right after the attempt to activate the Windows Workarounds plug-in. I tried this a number of times, usually closing the terminal window, as nothing was scrolling, and I thought the operation had completed, as the scrolling always stopped in the same place. However, each time, closing and reopening CCSM revealed that none of my changes had been retained, and the cube and wobbly windows were therefore not working at all. (Other effects that were check marked prior to my changes continued to work, however.) Letting the terminal window sit for about 10 minutes revealed that the 'replace' operation had not completed, as I began getting error messages of 'failures' (can't remember the messages, now, unfortunately, but they didn't seem easily repairable, to me). So the fact that the 'replace' function failed to save my changes made sense, in that the terminal had never returned to the input prompt, indicating failure of the process to successfully complete. Why the whole process of restarting Compiz is necessary still doesn't make sense to me, but I'll guess that there is a good reason for it?!

I look forward to the impending release of Ultimate Edition 4.0, and hope that the integration of Compiz can be made to work a little more smoothly. Speaking of Ultimate Edition 4.0, I noted the following:

During my second 'live' Ultimate Edition 3.8 session, I tried logging off and back on, in the hopes that some of the Compiz problems would 'magically resolve' themselves. :D When I logged off, I noted that the background of the log-in screen had a different logo, and 'Ultimate Edition 4.0' along the bottom of the screen. (Beautiful artwork!) However, I was frustrated in my attempt to log back in. The log-in box on the left side of the screen was not 'intuitive' in that I wasn't sure of my user name, and any entry I put in the password field, including a null and a single 'space' entry was not accepted. So, I had to press the reset button to reboot, again losing all the changes I had made to my session.

Finally, at the risk of overloading TheeMahn with so many topics within one email, I'll make one comment regarding the forum: The design of the screens which display individual topics is such that there is a double border along the left and right edges, each with a different shade of white or grey. The result of the double border is that the entire screen on my monitor (18" diagonal, 14" across) is set slightly to the right. To see it all, I must use the horizontal scroll bar. (For example, I can read 'Page 1' in the lower right corner, but can't see 'Page 1 of 2' nor the 'next page' box to click on, without adjusting the horizontal scroll.) To remove the horizontal scroll bar, I can make the text smaller with Ctrl-minus, but then the text is way too small, and the borders way too large! As there does not appear (to me) to be any need for two borders, my suggestion for a modest improvement would be to eliminate one of them, shifting the entire screen enough to the left so that folks with older equipment and narrower monitors (like me) can read the forum's pages without having to scroll left/right!

Thanks for wading through all of the above, and for the excellent work that you are doing! I normally wouldn't be attracted to a 'dark' themed distro, but the art work you've chosen is remarkable, and I've become adept enough at making visual changes that I can lighten up the backgrounds of the folder windows so that my old eyes can read the file names more easily! And thanks for making all of your work available at such an 'amazingly low price'!!

aboutblank
12/23/2013
aboutblank
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.8