Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.7

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.7

Ultimate Edition 3.7

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Feel free to comment, report bugs etc. on Ultimate Edition 3.7's release here or create a topic in this thread. Admin, feel free to edit this post for any pressing issues with Ultimate Edition 3.7 etc.

Have a great weekend,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.7

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:34 am

Xxjoker21xX wrote:This is a Great Os sofar with all the addons i could want it is quick and responcive in my current configureation i installed it on my 250gig drive after it ran live without a hitch. :downthere :ugeek:

It's nice to be able to say that isn't it ;) Just finshed the page & post for it. Just making sure the links land here.

I would like to announce the release of Ultimate Edition 3.7 a KDE release based off Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal tree.

I'm also uploading Ultimate Edition 3.8 to the Admin, donor, and beta testers website for testing.

Page and post is currently in draft status until I finish the uploads 14.1 GB to upload X 3. 1. for Copy, 1 for sourceforge and 1 for the admin / donors / beta testers site. I am going to powerusers house today to make it all happen. 55 megabit line, should not take that long. Wrote a bash script to automate the process ;)

Screenies of Ultimate Edition 3.8 I will also be uploading today:
http://ultimateedition.info/Ultimate_Ed ... 8/3.81.png
http://ultimateedition.info/Ultimate_Ed ... stall2.png
http://ultimateedition.info/Ultimate_Edition_3.8/ss.png
http://ultimateedition.info/Ultimate_Ed ... .8/ss2.png

Enjoy your weekend,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Ultimate Powers » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:02 pm

Well, I have to say that out of all the previous editions of this OS, 3.7 is by FAR the best one I have tried to date. But I have also had issues with installing the
last couple of releases. I have yet to try to install this one, so who knows, just yet, as I have to back up my hdd before attempting the install. But I do have some
concerns/questions as listed below:

(1) My (picture-taking) camera is not detected when plugged into USB. It's the Canon A2500.

(2) When inserting a memory card into my HP computers slot, it was detected only in the Dolphin mgr. but then gave me an ERROR when clicking on it,
then it disappeared.

(3) Under software / updates
I checkmark the top 3 check boxes and they magically disappear 2 seconds later! What is up with that?

(4) Those square outlined icons in the system settings make it seem like it's an old OS! I remember when Amiga did that back in the early nineties.

(5) Why is there no volume level that appears on the screen when I use my keyboards volume control? Isn't that something that is programmed into kde?

(6) I am wondering after switching the desktop to Folder View, How can I get the device icons to display on the desktop?

(7) Also, I would include StartPage.com in the options of search engines. It utilizes the google search engine though it stands between your data and google
so they cannot spy on you. It's a great search site/tool.

(8) Why is most text in fields faint and hard to see? Can I change ALL field text to white? If so, how?

(9) Where is Scribus? I don't see it in the repository. i use that program for my business.

(10) Also, just wondering why WINE isn't installed or cannot be found in the repository? Am I missing something?
I run Netflix on my system and use Wine to do it.

(11) When I use Adblock plug-in in Firefox, it removes ads from my mail site but leaves white boxes where the ads would be. In other distro's I have used
they have completely remove all ads with no white boxes. Why is it this way in Ultimate Edition?

Thanks for any help you provide!
Ultimate Powers
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby chris47 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:51 pm

I just downloaded from source fourge and it show 3.33G. I thought it was suppose to be 3.6G?
MB-ASUS Sabertooth FX 990 Rev 2.0
CPU- AMD FX 6200 X6 3.8Ghz Black Edition
RAM- 8Gig 2x4 Corsair XMS 3 1600 C9
Video-ASUS Nvidia GTX 550ti Fermi
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
HD- WD Raptor 10,000 RPm 150Gig
Monitor-Asus 23.6
PSU- Antec Earth Watts 650
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.3 64 BIT

Postby Neuromancer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:58 am

Where can I get a list of apps for this?
Neuromancer
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Gelfling6 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Sorry, a little behind the curve here.. Just bought a Gateway E-295C tablet. (Not a touch-screen, but has a built-in Wacomm tablet, and it appears, RFID powered pen.) So, I finally dug out the 3.7 DVD Image of Ultimate Edition, installed it.. Presently in the middle of doing a full clone (extracted the loaded packages list fro Muon, and now doing a brute-force install from a terminal shell using apt-get).. But.. One thing I've noticed as odd.. When I pull-up the computer menu under Plasma, it shows the Home directory as "/home/theemahn".. Not /home/gelfling6.. How do I patch this? (If this has been covered, point me to the right thread, as I can't seem to find it under search.) Thanks, Stephen
Gelfling6
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: Canton, Connecticut, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, 3rd star on the left...
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.7