Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

No OS Found with Ultimate 3.6 x64

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.6

No OS Found with Ultimate 3.6 x64

Postby nesnfsn » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:47 am

Here's my specs for my HTPC:

Asus P6T Motherboard (previously used as a Hackintosh)
Core i7 (930)
12 GB RAM (Corsair Memory - triple)
Powercolor ATI Radeon 6850 (hdmi out)
Pioneer BDR-207D Blu-Ray Read, DVD-DL Write
Western Digital WD20EARS-00M 2 TB Hard Drive
Current OS - Linux Mint 14 (64 bit)
Apple Wired Keyboard and Mouse
60" Sharp LED Television

I have downloaded Ultimate 3.6 x64 version from SourceForge.
Downloaded on HTPC using Linux Mint, as well as on MacBook 15" (mid-2012), and an Asus notebook.
Burned DVDs at 4x on each device, and computer does not find disc in drive to boot from, and defaults to Linux Mint from Hard Drive.
Tried burning Ultimate witth Unetbootin on each of these 3 computers (Mint, OS X Maverick, and Windows 7), no go, same story.

NOTE - I know that I have to select Boot Priority, and do select it at POST to use USB Flash Drive. Message each time (no matter which computer I burned image to flash drive from with Unetbootin) that No OS found on device (or something close to those words).

Is there a problem with the image file on SourceForge??? NEED HELP to boot from iso file.

I have used Ultimate on various computers dating back to Ultimate Edition 1.2. Never came across this situation before, where I could not boot from dvd or flash drive. Wanted to test drive it before deciding whether to install it on another petition.
Hackintosh OS X 10.7.2 / (WAS) Ultimate Edition 2.9 x64 (ON HOLD for 3.1/3.2)
Asus P6T, 6GB DDR3 RAM / PowerColor HD6850 Fanless GPU / Intel i7 930 CPU
1 500GB Seagate SATA-II HDD, 1 WD 2 TB Green SATA-II HDD
nesnfsn
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: No OS Found with Ultimate 3.6 x64

Postby boomer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:59 pm

similar issue with the new 3.6 via sourceforge
installed via USB Image Writer ----no boot
installed via Unetbootin ---no luck----found the the flash drive contained only a token (small amount of files) ----it also installed , unlike the previous try , in a couple of seconds

When I checked the Properties of the download file it was unlike any other OS system file I have ever downloaded

??
boomer
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby MMTMM » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:02 pm

This exact same thing happend to me last night. I downloaded the x86 version of 3.6, burned it, and the dvd came up blank although the file name was correct. Thinking is was my burner, I tested my burner...no problem with other ISOs, and tried burning 3.6 on 2 other desktop machines. Same result...the dvd came up blank. Then I did a second download with different browser and different mirror...same results. Then tried it in virtual box straight from the ISO...failed. *I did notice the size is listed on sourceforge and DW is 2.3GB, but each download came in at 2.1GB. Moved the ISOs over to a Win machine to investigate more...long story short... the ISOs are corrupted.

Just for the gee-whiz of it, I downloaded 3.6 Lite...no problem.

(Also, the md5 list on sourceforge doesn't include any of the 3.6 versions.)
MMTMM
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby trooper » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Same here. Thought I was losing my linux credentials with repeated failures. Lite version is fine. I used the source forge download also
trooper
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby farevildee » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:54 pm

same thing here theres nothing showing in the iso at all it wont even load on virtualbox either
farevildee
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby farevildee » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:24 pm

you need to go to a diffrent link i tried a diffrent link and it loaded fine the main link appears to be messed up
farevildee
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby trooper » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Thanks. Downloading now.
trooper
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby MMTMM » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:25 pm

farevildee wrote:you need to go to a diffrent link i tried a diffrent link and it loaded fine the main link appears to be messed up

Which one did you use? There are 19 different mirrors. (Both of the US mirrors failed.)
MMTMM
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby tomwild » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm not a noob nor am I an expert but I've had the same problems as the others. I tried downloading from Sourceforge and Copy. Tried both usb boot programs to no avail. It's as if there is nothing on the dvd's I burned or on the usb card. I'm tenacious so i'm still trying. Downloading the 64 bit from Copy again. I love Ultimate. Have used it for years with varying degrees of success but I always come back to it. In my opinion it's the most comprehensive Linux distro out there.
tomwild
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby tomwild » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:34 pm

I did use the link. Thanks. I got the 64 bit to download and then burned to a disc. Looks like the files are there. I did a restart and booted from the dvd but it stalled when it got to the area where it's seeing my usb hubs. It sees my logitech wireless mouse but stalls at that point. I'll keep trying.
tomwild
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.6