Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Utimate Edition 3.6 Installation Issues.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.6

Re: Utimate Edition 3.6 Installation Issues.

Postby MaN227 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:53 pm

I have given up on the "lite" version and found the 3.6 beta download, installed that instead, it installed fine on my laptop with one very ODD thing. there is NO networking, and I have NO idea how get networking.

upon unetbootin install when "ubuntu" first shows on screen there is a delay , then its say waiting for networking.... then even later it says waiting up to 60 more seconds for networking. then it continues install without a hitch.

I'm not a terminal wizard so I just don't know what to do. please advise, thanks :)

I can tell you wireless networking on the laptop DOES work, as on other ssd is a win7 install with working wireless networking.

EDIT:
as a side note , I also have NO (wireless) networking running the 3.6 beta as live dvd as well. very odd.

greatly appreciate any help as I'm stumped as most info I find on web talks about adding repos to sources list and updating. I can't do that as I have no internet with ultimate. and no experience installing tarballs and the like from sourcecode..

EDIT 2: I can confirm that WIRED networking works, both on live dvd and install. its the first time I've ever had to have the lappy wired to connect. did wireless not make it into the beta?

what wireless networking WILL be used in 3.6? if i know the name I can find it and add repo to sourcelist. thanks

speaking of the 3.6 beta I've seen hint on site main page that within a week full version will be out?
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G1.Sniper 3 (Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz)
Graphics
HP 2709 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (EVGA)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (EVGA)
ForceWare version: 331.93
SLI Disabled
Hard Drives
466GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB ATA Device (SSD)
2795GB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 ATA Device (SATA)
932GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
hp BD B DH8E2L ATA Device
DVDFab Virtual Drive SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Sound Blaster Recon3Di
MaN227
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:31 pm

I too had difficulty installing Ultimate Edition 3.6 Lite and apeared to be either a Ubiquity or partman issue. I do not possess the time to download source and find the issue certainly not for a non-lts. I checked the installation logs and partman logs to no avail. Launchpad has several errors reported against it specifically in 12.10. Picks up all hard disks fine including the raid array live. When the attempt was made to install would hang indefinatly w/o reporting any error. You are not alone on Launchpad. I dont know if this will help someone or not, but here is more on this issue.

The only way I could get Ultimate Edition 3.6 Lite to install was:
  • rip all my hard disks out, but the ssd I boot from.
  • delete all partitions from the ssd
  • Install
went straight though w/o issue. Your milage may vary.

Ultimate Edition 3.6 x86/x64 full are done and ready for upload. I am getting ready to load out Ultimate Edition 3.7 x64 to a thumb drive for testing.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby klaatubes » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:23 pm

^
Last edited by klaatubes on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klaatubes (Registered Linux User #536037)

klaatubes
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: grub-pc not loading

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:22 am

pam wrote:geordiejohn, you have ati radeon 3200.
I dont know if you have tried burning another disc and trying but try it. Try using unetbootin from and making a bootable flash disk.
For successful booting try passing the 'ACPI=off' or 'nomodeset' at the grub Ultimate Edition screen..

You rock!!! Very few would know that, Wait until you get your phalanges on 4.0
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.6