Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

[Solved]Where is Downloaded Wallpaper kept on KDE desktop?

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.5

[Solved]Where is Downloaded Wallpaper kept on KDE desktop?

Postby davedcd » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:11 am

Could someone please tell me where downloaded wallpaper is kept? When I click desktop settings>get new wallpaper>install.....where are they?
davedcd
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: downloaded wallpaper

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:07 am

There are a few environments in 3.5 so

Wallpapers are generally kept in a couple places in most Linux distributions.

root/usr/share/backgrounds

root/usr/share/wallpapers

In KDE when you download a wallpaper it should appear in your list, but you may have to logout or reboot for it to appear.

However it will be stored in a new location so you don't have to run root to install new wallpapers and this is

home/.kde/share/wallpapers

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Xanayoshi

Postby davedcd » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Thank You Xanayoshi, for responding. I will take a look there, I very much appreciate your help. It is encouraging to see a reply.
Again Thank You!
davedcd
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Re: Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:53 pm

davedcd wrote:Thank You Xanayoshi, for responding. I will take a look there, I very much appreciate your help. It is encouraging to see a reply.
Again Thank You!

Your Welcome! Even if you don't use Ultimate for Server it is a great way to acclimate yourself to Linux because it has everything, although this can be a lot to take in. To see .kde you will have to have "show hidden files" enabled. In Dolphin this is under Control......

hidden.png

Still, it should show up in desktop preferences under wallpapers.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: downloaded wallpaper

Postby davedcd » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Xanayoshi

Once again thank you. I did already figure out that kde was hidden, and I already set to show hidden files. I also did find the downloaded wallpapers that I was looking for. I thank you for the follow up!
davedcd
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.5