Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Username & password for distro

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.5

Re: Username & password for distro

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:43 pm

That's what I mean..puppy and dsl take up like..around 200mb max. Precise Puppy can even use .deb but ehhhhhh..idk...feels..broken. I couldn't get Snow Linux to work right for what it is trying to do. I think I will just see what Mint is throwing out soon. Lately all my time has gone to Crunchbang Linux. I, as always have much more success installing kde on...whatever(satanic edition +kde=sweet)than I do with gnome but it's the ability to combine these environments that makes Ultimate Edition stand out in the first place.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 pm

That Gnome iso was a bust as thought it would be! Just got done messing with Slax7 and of course when I mean done, no longer works!!! I just got the desktop set with my wallpaper after installing my drivers for wireless. I then went on KDE and downloaded some window decoration and next thing I know CRRRAAASH! Well won't come back now! Guess can say Slax slacked off!! LOL! Just figured would get it looking kind of nice, install java, try for Chrome and be done with it. But all ended at looking nice! Would not take a new password but did take my username! Strange little system it is! Shortest lived one for me also! Was up maybe 2 hours max and bam dead duck now! Goes through the motions get the KDE gearbox then black screen and nothing! Holds settings yes, but just can't stand up to anything much at all! Yes maybe will try another as am desperate to have something unique instead of what everyone else is using in school! Love the quick and accurate response in Linux! Yeah Zan that Snow is terrible with that desktop switching in VBOX, just wants to keep switching!!! Drive your eyes crazy!!! Took me 5 minutes to shut that switching off cause every flinch of the cursor kept switching it!!! Once you get out of that is halfway decent, but is a tricky devil and would never leave it in charge of anything important!!!! This is why Ultimate is the only in charge here! The combo of KDE and Gnome is one match no OS can beat!!! If it weren't for the side to side deal in their menu could handle it a little easier! Least I have the benefits of Gnome with the best looking desktop ever!!! Then I have the KDE utilities that make up for some Gnome utilities that can't do certain jobs!!!! Is one great match! Will take advice on a small ubuntu type. Hoping can find one with Gnome, get my basic utilities for school and be able to use it! One thing I haven't tried is still have 3.4 on disk, maybe that one will save stuff? Wish someone could tell me!!! Would much rather be carrying around Ultimate than some other buggy system! I guess am getting a little prejudicial now, am sorry is just Ultimate is like TheeMahn says "It just works!" Sure get a charge out of his words! Is down to earth and someone would love to meet one day!!! He is a true inspiration to me when things get tough at school! I just think have to keep going so one day, I can be at least half as brilliant as TheeMahn!!! Always best wishes TheeMahn and crew! Whatever you like and enjoy the most, I hope and pray is always there for you!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:45 am

I love your views on these things as they open my eyes. My views tend to lean more towards letting me do what I want with my hardware. If I heard you right you have 3.4 Ultimate and have not used it. I assumed you had. That is like..perfect gnome.

Edit..wait..no..it appears you have.

Sooo..about partitioning..Unetbootin..Virtualbox...ehhhhh

You know..Oracle....Java..Virtualbox...all good stuff. Also try qemulator, vmware.etc etc...personally I like to kill high definition drives

It is honestly not fair to evaluate any distro from how it performs on a live disc or VirtualBox. VirtualBox is a wonderful tool. Live discs are an attempt to expose people to Linux. They both pretty much completely fail in regards to how an OS will actually work on your system.

If you ever took the cover off your desktop cpu you might have noticed you have plenty of space for more drives and a whole bunch of sata ports. Someone you know has a dead or unused computer. Get it. Get all of them. Get everything.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:36 am

Have you ever noticed that all the admin have like...crazy ram? Well....RAM is simply awesome!..yet it's simple..Ready Access Memory..as in..you know..there it is. However, you have to keep in mind how a live disc operates. You are basically shoving it into RAM because..see above..ram awesome..and then running files from the disc. Now for something that sucks. DUH. RAM is supposed to be awesome. I have a 286 full of chips to prove it. ROM was discs in all there crappy glory. ROM drives are still advanced disc systems and well..who cares...sucks..see above..ram awesome. When you start getting into Solid State then you have to consider its varying forms and it isnt varied. Its solid.:p

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Yeah I know live can be very deceptive! Virtualbox also since we all know the evil drivers have much to do with problems!!!! I had 3.4 just a few weeks back and from the time it was made! 3.4 is what made me understand Ultimate was so great! Talk about deceptive, Ultimate refused to run in Virtualbox properly! It knew that it was in a box, since then other distros have followed then was the first! Right now am typing this all from the flash drive! Figured would give it a shot and is great! Made a couple changes in settings rebooted, came back up no problem and held all settings! 3.5 would not do that and studdered! Am sure is just too compressed of a system! Always loved 3.4 anyway and only big difference is without the updates, compiz has trouble allowing me to use my saved passwords. Of course does not bother me in the least and is a bit hilarious!!!! Here is a pic of the loaded flashdrive which is close to ready for school on Tuesday!:

Will be lots of fun when other students look over to see my different desktop! Am also looking forward to fiddling with the network settings in Networking on Wednesday! Once again is like Christmas, since is what I wanted to do in the first place, bring Ultimate with me to school!!!! I can definitely see why UNetbootin was added to the software for 3.5 was one hell of an addition! Hats off to the folks that made UNetbootin as you deserve great credit for such an invaluable tool! Oh how I wish I would have had this stuff a few years ago!!! Could have fixed people's computers in an hour or two instead of ALL DAY!!!! Is surely a blessing and hope everyone involved with all this stuff gets the most compliments possible! You have gone above and beyond!!!!! A million thanks!!!!!
Attachments
Flashdrivedesktop.png
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:16 pm

I used to love flashing until I got arrested. hahaha

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.5