Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Just installed 3.5 by bunker85

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.5

Just installed 3.5 by bunker85

Postby bunker85 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Theeman and the dedicated team. Wow. Have never used the KDE environment before, but, honestly I can not see what all the trumpert blaring is about. Simple to navigate, simple to use. Not very different to Gnome in use, but this is just an early reponse to my reactions. I will keep you posted as to how things are going. Seriouly guys, this is the best distribution on the planet. Thankyou for all the hard work. Oh, and, very nice to see your Ultimate Player has made the migration. Absolutely love it.
System
Home build
iCute Black Tower
ASUS P5Q SE PLUS
Corsair 400W PSU
Intel(R)Core(TheeMahn)2Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz
4Gb 800 Mhz Infineon
nVidia GeForce GTX 285 1Gb @ 300Mhz
WD 1Tb 7200k
WD 750Gb 7200k
TSST CD/DVDW SH-S203N
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH20N

Ultimate Edition 4.2 Lite LTS
Kernel 3.13.0-37-generic 64 Bit
bunker85
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Just installed 3.5 by bunker85

Postby gregeubarr » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 pm

I am using the xfce DE in 3.5 with mint menu as i just like it better, however one of KDE's best features is all that u can customize in it..easily. and I dont mean just a few theme customizations, they made it very customizable to the smallest detail. You don't have to edit scripts or files, they made it accessible. I like KDE, but there is something about the responsiveness of xfce that i love ...and the mintmenu lol, hate kde's menu.

Love Ultimate Edition 3.5 tho, and a big thanks to all involved in creating it!
gregeubarr
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby bunker85 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi all,
I tried living with KDE, but, I prefer Classic Gnome. Maybe it's because I started out with Linux and Gnome as my first intro to this amazing OS. Anyway, KDE is really customizable, but to get back to a default setting is just too time consuming, especially if you mess things up, like I did. I also prefer the way Gnome starts programs. The KDE Start Apps box is too long winded imo. Likes and dislikes rule the world. Better the devil you know and all that. One thing I have noticed while using KDE, is that it is way lighter on system resources than Gnome, and KDE responds faster than Gnome. Still this is the king and queen of all OS's. Long live Ultimate Edition
System
Home build
iCute Black Tower
ASUS P5Q SE PLUS
Corsair 400W PSU
Intel(R)Core(TheeMahn)2Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz
4Gb 800 Mhz Infineon
nVidia GeForce GTX 285 1Gb @ 300Mhz
WD 1Tb 7200k
WD 750Gb 7200k
TSST CD/DVDW SH-S203N
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH20N

Ultimate Edition 4.2 Lite LTS
Kernel 3.13.0-37-generic 64 Bit
bunker85
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby vicodincat » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:57 pm

TheeMahn, you have seriously made the best OS ever.. Ultimate Edition is all that and more. "Bloated" perhaps, but the performance is so great, you cannot tell it's "bloated" I happen to love that it has EVERYTHING and all the desktops and all the possibilities. If it's bloated, well, keep it that way. With everything installed and all the eyecandy, my computer is faster than it has ever been. MS NEVER AGAIN, i'm a Ultimate Edition user for life. Thank you, thank you, thank you TheeMahn and everyone else behind this wonderful masterpiece called Ultimate Edition! <BREW>
HP-Compaq CQ-57 489WM
1.30GHZ AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics × 2
5.4 GiB DDR3 RAM
Release Ubuntu 12.04 (precise)
Kernel 3.8.8-030808-generic
GNOME 3.4.2
GCC version 4.7 (x86_64-linux-gnu)
Xorg version 1.11.3 (11 April 2013 01:05:39PM)

*ASK12B1*
*If it is to be, it's up to me.*
*We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.*

vicodincat

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.5