Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.5? Let's break it down.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.5

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.5? Let's break it down.

Postby dougal » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Now that I am back with the Ultimate Home site (my temporary home at Oz was cool BW), it is great to see all the praise everyone is giving Thee.
Personally I have tried all the incarnations from 2.6 on... and 2.6.5 was running on this old laptop for a few months but, it was always giving the odd hiccup with the window manager and so I have re-installed 2.9 32-bit just now. I really loved it when it came out and still do. 2.8 was good but, 2.9 being built off 2.8 really did feel much better and so reliable/stable.
Now though I keep getting the reminder that this release of Ubuntu is no longer supported and I am in the process of downloading 3.4 32-bit for this old Sony Vaio and the 64-bit for my AMD Buldozer machine.
With LTS I am expecting great things plus the added bonus of the OS being bang up-to-date.
I have been through all the 3.0 series but, all have little niggles (or maybe it's just me) that crop up here and there. The latest is the problem with Compiz being unstable and losing control of the window management. That was so bugging because I love my eye-candy and another reason why I re-installed 2.9 temporarily.
Just about one hour left to download...
Must get busy doing other things though, might not get back to this tonight, damn...
Have 2.9 at work just now but, must have a faulty Network card because all settings (even those used by other Linux users at work) cannot get my machine to recognize our Network.
Okay, have to go.
Keep up the good work one and all. It really makes using a PC all the more enjoyable when you know things work the way we want them to and not some dollar pinching big shots.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby winton » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm a long time user of Ultimate Edition.. They get better all the time.
I have them on all of my older computers, 32, 64, and portable 64.. LOVE It
I hope you solve he problem on a number of newer computers with all the new and fancy things.
My New computer won't play any Ultimate Edition and most of the other releases..
appears to be a graphics problem.. I see people on this site with the same problem
Please check in on the Athena Linux program.. and see what they did.. It is one of the few that works.
It uses Ubuntu 12.04 also..
Waiting for release of V 3.5 and hoping.. Keep up the good work. I love Ultimate Edition.
winton
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby sweeney276 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Is there any possibility that the MATE desktop can be offered as an option in the installer in Ultimate Edition 3.5.?

You have done a superlative job with Ultimate Edition 3.4, but I still imported the MATE desktop to make it even better (if that's possible), so could the option of MATE be included? It's very stable, so shouldn't cause any problems.

--Graham Todd
([email protected])
sweeney276
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Acaster » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:56 am

sweeney276 wrote:Is there any possibility that the MATE desktop can be offered as an option in the installer in Ultimate Edition 3.5.?

You have done a superlative job with Ultimate Edition 3.4, but I still imported the MATE desktop to make it even better (if that's possible), so could the option of MATE be included? It's very stable, so shouldn't cause any problems.

--Graham Todd
([email protected])

Seconded
Change ain't what it used to be

Ultimate Edition 3.0, 3.5, 3.5.1, 3.6, 3.8, 3.9, 4.2b & bgl
i5-760 @ 2.8 GHz cpu
MSI MS 7613 MainBoard
16 GigaBytes RAM
Hitachi 1 TB & Western Digitial 1 TB HDs
Radeon HD 5570
Acaster
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby dougal » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:04 pm

I had a look at Mint 13-Cinnamon for the first time about a week ago and must admit that it looks very 'calm'. The desktop layout is not unpleasant and things seem easy to find.
Not as many apps available as we're used to seeing here and one or two vital ones for me would need installing to complete the picture but, quite nice to work with. Disk Utility was a main app missing and I needed it's interface a couple of days ago and didn't have time to install so swapped back to Ultimate Edition 2.9. With the way I have the colours set up through Compiz and Emerald I think it looks really slick and polished.
So 3.5 with a Mint-like desktop finish would definitely not do any harm but, it will depend upon whether Thee has time to do this or perhaps one of our vary talented Admin... BW maybe?
Again I wish I knew enough to help with this side of things. It seems all I do is try to make useful comments. I know that in itself, the comments are a good way for Thee to judge how his product is maturing and can only hope he gets plenty of information and ideas from our contribution.
Roll on Thee!!! <BREW>
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
dougal
Site Admin

Postby dougal » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Cheers BW... <BREW>
ImageImage

dougal
Site Admin

Postby TheDailyGrind » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Thee Mahn,
A quick :D thanks :D for using some of my Wallpapers in you Screenshots on Ultimate Edition 3.5.
Appreciated..
HP DV7-3180US
AMD Quad Core 2.0ghz
6gb Ram DDR2
ATI 4650 Graphics Card 1gb Ram
Ultimate Edition 3.0
TheDailyGrind
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Please Please Please don't ever make Ultimate like MInt!!! Ultimate is a dream thus far and Mint is a disaster! Am sticking with 3.4 for this drive as has been formatted and reloaded about 30 times already, but when I get a larger drive always like moving forward. That means if Ultimate 3.5 is there, that's what's getting installed! Is great having the freedom to do so many fun things with a computer, unlike Windoze! Just keep up the great work people, you make computers fun but also a great workhorse! I mean 3.4 moves like a rocket, gets things done and damn is fun with compiz and all the programs! I can't think of ever asking for anything more! Had 3 different places to sign in for school and 3.4 was on top of all the sites within 10 minutes! Windoze would have been 30 minutes at least!!!. Power went out here in the sticks right in the middle of working on stuff. Power came back up, booted up and got right back to my spot(test) in 3 minutes tops! Windoze would have done a brain freeze and took 20 minutes to get back, believe me been there done it! So please, just stay on the same track and keep it great like 3.4 is!!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby tryadelion » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:42 am

hello, i barely understand the terminology, but, well.
i am a computer science student. (web design (html, css, xml, Js, asp), java devolopment (need eclipse), c basic, c++ and c# devolopment).
and i like to play videogames ( i own bf3, mount&blade, the total war saga...).

i want to move to linux from windows 7, and i need all the things up there working, or atleast the more basic (web design, JDK SE + eclipse) and BF3/ other high quality videogames.
i own a Acer with corei5, 4gb ram, and a ATI mobility HD 5470. so it's a powerful one.

i write this from a messy (from my point of view) Ultimate Edition 3.5 . is this a good distro for what i want to do? or should I move to a eager one? and wich.

thank you very much.
tryadelion
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby winton » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:04 pm

I have Ultimate Edition 3.5 running on a USB Flash Drive... Looks great..
AND this is the first Ultimate Edition to RUN on my New computer with all the new buses, etc..(All older versions won't play on this computer)
IS this going to be a LTS version (Long Term)? If it keeps running like I have seen so far, I may want to put it on ALL of my Computers..
Thanks to Thee Mann and all the others involved..
Have a nice day :D
winton
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.5