Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.5? Let's break it down.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.5

Ultimate Edition 3.5? Let's break it down.

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:03 pm

I have a job to do right:
35.png
Ultimate Edition 3.5 No artwork??? I expect that.

I am still working Ultimate Edition 3.3:
35a.png

Do not think I have forgot, however we must move on, I will step back when time permits.

What I have going on is what will be Ultimate Edition 3.5 we have no artwork and if set in place we would be ahead of the game. I am behind. I have alot on my plate please chill for a sec. Ultimate Edition 3.3 is what the common user expects right? I will hammer out 3.0.1 x64 at first convienience,

I am curious do you think 3.01 x64 will be a Ultimate Edition 2.6.6, yes that is also coming. Let's taste life as I see things, 100,000 downloads in a week off Ultimate Edition 3.2. Do you think for one second 2.6.6 or 3.01 will achive such numbers? I want to by the same token ask you what numbers will Ultimate Edition 3.3 achive? I want to take the time to point out that KDE is in place. I have deliberatly skipped odds. Now I am the bad guy. Sorry hate the environment that makes me want to install that other O/S ;) I have seen results of Ultimate Edition 2.9, analitical perhaps. Step outside and re-think. Against my will the numbers are coming.

Feel free to analise me.

TheeMahn,
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.5? Let's break it down.

Postby Billie Cowie » Tue May 01, 2012 7:48 am

Thank's for keeping us up to date TheeMahn.
I still can't get Gnome-shell/3 up and running on 3.2 so running 3.0.1 no problem. I thought 2.9 was brilliant also.
I am hoping that 3.3 will resolve the Gnome-shell/3 issue ( still don't know what the difference is between these ).
As for KDE in 3.5, I don't have a problem with that. The only difference from Gnome is aesthetic as I see it.
Had a look at Chakra the other day and they seem to have done well with KDE.
It's a neglected platform, but still preferable ( by me, anyway ) to Unity. :P

p.s. I don't think you are the bad guy. You are the one who has to make the decisions .
Too many cooks and all that !
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby ziemski90 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:27 am

TheeMahn or in some Ultimate Edition will be even gnome 2 classic ?? :(
Kraków Nowa Huta
ziemski90
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed May 02, 2012 6:16 pm

ziemski90 wrote:TheeMahn or in some Ultimate Edition will be even gnome 2 classic ?? :(

ziemski90, I think if you look hard at Thee's screenshots, you will see that he is running a gnome-session-fallback= for the most part gnome2, there is however the "mate" desktop wich I have been working with and have spoken to Thee about using, but it still has some issues that will have to be taken care of by the developer, so in short some sort of gnome2 will be avalible, as well as the other DE's !! <BREW> :D KUDOS Thee ! in NOT defaulting to KDE ! We be Gnome'ies,(2) round here !!! <BREW> :D I can and do use unity, but I am very versed in its build.(I have been using unity sence 11.04 pre-alpha = testing, and have made many ISO's just to keep up and learn how they have (Changed) (screwed the pooch) on many levels ! we the developers have many things to relearn and try to understand ! and it is not beneath Thee to re-invent the wheel !! all be it he wishes not to ! but in some cases this is a must for the end user to have Thee Ultimate Edition . . . . . Edition ! <BREW> Thee is one of (if not thee best) programers around ! Damn my led finggeerrs!!! ! :D :lol: and he is and will continue to be Ultimate Edition, With his trusty Admin's and Mod's +input from the 10's o 1000's of patrons that use Ultimate Edition. I think we have a really great team and we will not let any stone go unturned !!! as usual any and all user input is and will be taken in to concideration ! sorry I have to do this so fast as to not correct my spelli8ng ! :lol: but I gtta go to work ! and my spellsheker she no workie !!! <BREW> Anywho Ohhh Yea ! we have some sweetness coming your way ~ Things others will only copy, and try to replicate, Ultimate Edition Is and will be A one of a kind, so advanced even Canonical dont like us !!! :roll: Thus we are not recognized as a buntu release ! So Thee just goes rouge !! I trully think Thee takes a kernel and just builds U E On it's own ! piss on the corp's !@@! :D JMHO ! LUV
JOHNNYG ! <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby pam » Wed May 02, 2012 11:44 pm

hopefully kde 5.0 would be out in some time...............

kde 4.8 brings in a ton of stability. Unity is another great DE ...well at least better than gnome 3 and still uses GTK3.

XFCE and LXDE are good alternatives.............knoppix uses lxde with compiz and its ultra stable....... just my point of view.
As a user im very happy with Ultimate Edition 2.6.6/2.9/3.01/3.2. 3.01 being 32 bit most users wont bother with pae kernel installations.
All Ultimate Edition distributions are excellent and perfect with slight issues with compiz in 3.2 and thats because officially no one supports it. But its no problem.

Ultimate Edition cannot be compared to other distros as its a replacement to commercial os'es and people who dont play BF3, skyrim etc have a neutral thought about why not use windows or this tor that................
Ultimate Edition just works. Has all wifi stuff for esoteric cards, printers, scanners etc.
Again its Theeman's choice of what he wants to use or is convenient to stick in without any compromise(rigidity,stability, security, drivers etc).His vision's crystal clear as far as im concerned and hopefully speak for the majority of users.
And he is strictly right.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby pam » Wed May 02, 2012 11:46 pm

JOHNNYG i couldn't agree more. <BREW>
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Infam0us » Thu May 03, 2012 2:43 am

Why are there so many different versions of ubuntu U.E available? and why do you continue to work on different versions instead on dedicating your time to just one and updating that version? Do each version cater to different types of users? I'm sorta new to linux and ubuntu and only discovered U.E back in march. Sorry if this seem like a stupid question. Love 3.2 btw, after using U.E Ubuntu for the first time in mid march i left windows ;)
Infam0us
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Billie Cowie » Thu May 03, 2012 7:39 am

Hello infamOus,
There are probably more Ultimate Edition versions than Windows perhaps but windows controls your computer where Linux liberates it for the users. There are also over 300 different Linux distro's geared for different purposes. A.V. linux for example is for audio-video enthusiasts, Dyne-bolic enables you to set up an Internet Radio Station, while Tails like L.P.S. lets you surf the web anonymously. Ever seen C.S.I?
Linux also has specific distros used by forensic scientists wold-wide.
Freedom of choice-it's a linux thing.
The strengh of Linux is that it can work really well on older computers and computers with minimum specs. The new "mini-computer" Raspberrry PI is a by-product of that philosophy. It has 256 mb ram but can utilise XBMC to connect your non-internet TV to the Internet without having to buy an expensive new one.
Linux = innovation!
Ultimate Edition also = innovation!
Check out Ultimate Player-all TheeMahn's own work!
Also " linux " is the " kernel " not the OS-GUI, different people use different kernel's to maximise their computers functionality. The Linux community and Linux itself, derived from a dedicated group of computer-enthusiasts who like to tinker or modify their computers to get even more control and improve on the original factory-product. Just like car-customisers/modders.This means regular upgraded kernels and when a kernel upgrades then OS's and package developers tend to write for that kernel to cover the bases.That doesn't mean you have to upgrade your kernel or OS version-number all the time, just that the option is there. it is your computer, not Microsofts!.
It's all about choice!
Now as to the U.E.variations themselves, they have different strengths and weaknesses.Some like 3.2 are more experimental while others are more " stable". So it's a trade-off.3.2, though is the first to embrace Unity and Gnome3 which are recent innovations by the base development OS Ubuntu, so Ubuntu derivatives -, of which, Ultimate Edition is, have experimented with these new options, but unlike Ubuntu itself which seems to be trying to restrict users options to Unity ,Ultimate Edition 3.2 has tried to increase/improve upon them.
Currently I am running 3.0.1 as 3.2 doesn't do what I want or suit my needs. 3.3 will probably suit me even better but I don't upgrade when a new version comes out automatically, it's about compatibility, functionality, likes and dislikes, as I said before-it is all about choice, and having the freedom to choose! :P
p.s If you like Gaming there is also an Ultimate Edition Gamers with a lot of pre-installed games.
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Thu May 03, 2012 11:51 am

The other reason is that we are following Ubuntu who continues development. Windows has had 3 releases in the last 10 years, Ubuntu and the Linux community constantly innovates and develops... Also Ultimate Edition is remarkably stable and useful. I am running 2.6.3 on my home machine and 2.9 on my work machine, which in windows would be equivilant to running win 98 and win 2000, Operating systems which are now hopelessly dated. 2.6.3 and 2.9 are still fresh and cutting edge, the later versions are even better!
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby Infam0us » Thu May 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Thanks for the informative responce Billie Cowie & billhedrick. I did not know that 3.2 was experimental, it's pretty stable but it does has it's fair number of bugs and glitches, will 3.2 ever be updated to fix some of these problems. or will it stay in 3.2 because it's only experimental?

I have been aware of raspberry pi for a while now and i must say, it's very cool & impressive.

Billie Cowie you said that 3.0.1 is the version that you use because it suits your needs, what are those needs? i'm curious as to what version others use and why. same question for you billhedrick what does 2.6.3 provide for you that the others doesn't?

Thanks to the both of you and thanks to TheeMahn, U.E is freaking amazing, i briefly read once that Canonical isn't really a fan of U.E, how come?
Infam0us
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.5