Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

System Swap of New SSD...good BUT no internet (Hardware?)

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 4.6

System Swap of New SSD...good BUT no internet (Hardware?)

Postby Wolfie Lee » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:43 pm

New Build has been updated in my sig. I was using the SSD in the old system till the rest of the parts showed up. I had no problems with the Samsung migration of the Windows 7 Nvidia Black edition from my old System HDD (Seagatge 'cuda 500GB) but now have issues I created with the Windows partition of the SSD that I will post in proper place.
My other current issue is this:
Since I swapped the SSD into the new System (in sig), my Ultimate Edition OS partition fires up but since first boot I have yet to get online. I had to borrow my neighbors Lappy to do this. I was using the SAME Wifi card (swapped from old build) and the wifi showed the connections but asked for a password at the login screen. I didn't put it in, just logged in to check the connection and the password was still there. Then I disabled the on-board LAN in BIOS to the same effect. Then I pulled the card, re-routed my wifi modem to the computer room and re-enabled on-board LAN. It shows connected but hangs forever in firefox and doesn't even time out... :?

Update to emphasize: The current OS was installed while the SSD was in the OLD BUILD

Old Build:
MB: MSI K9N6PGM2-V2
CPU: AMD Phenom II 8650
MEM: 4GB (1x4GB) DDRIII-667; pc5300
Wifi: Rosewill RNX-N150PCe
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
HDD: Seagate 'cuda 500GB (storage / other OS's for testing)
PS: Seasonic SS550 HT 550W
Same optical drives as new build (in sig)
GPU: MSI Radeon HD5650
Last edited by Wolfie Lee on Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Re: System Swap of New SSD...good BUT no internet (Hardware?

Postby Wolfie Lee » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:49 pm

OK. It's a Gigabyte MB issue. I can only run 32 bit Linux distros till I can get Windows back on my SSD and update to latest driver set, if I didn't ruin that for good. I am coming to you from a fresh MINT install on my new rig...

source of info: Tom's Hardware website

mark solved please.
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Return to Ultimate Edition 4.6