Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

kodi 16.1 Git

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 4.6

kodi 16.1 Git

Postby nascar59 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi guys any one know how to install upgrade kodi to 16.1 try this but can not make it work in Ultimate Edition :
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi that would normalcy upgrade to latest Kodi but get error:   File "/usr/bin/add-apt-repository", line 92, in <module>
    sp = SoftwareProperties(options=options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 109, in __init__
    self.reload_sourceslist()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 599, in reload_sourceslist
    self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)   
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 89, in get_sources
    (self.id, self.codename))
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Ultimate_Edition_Gamers/vivid

so some thing thing wrong with the Sources list i guest and some how i can not change my Sources list ,it close on me has i click "Internal option"and forget about the repositories it's not Available,Thank you all (got Ultimate edition 4.6 Gamers)
Last edited by Blackwolf on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Placed code between code tags
nascar59
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: kodi 16.1 Git

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:51 am

My guess is it It looks like the issue is they do not have a Kodi template for "Ultimate_Blah_Blah" as the template you need to apply is for Vivid, Ubuntu 15.10, not Ultimate_Blah_Blah/Vivid.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/115429/c ... ystem-info

So I am guessing if you change the name back to Ubuntu, probably fix it, could be wrong, type
Code: Select all
lsb_release -a
and if Ultimate pops up, probably the issue.

I apoligise that I do not actually run Ultimate, so can not test.

Alternatively, you can just compile it

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Compile_Ko ... _or_Ubuntu

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 4.6