Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Members Introductions

Reasons to register...
Forum rules
One Warning only ......
This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites. Please consider this before you contemplate posting, otherwise, your ISP will be advised of your activities.

Re: Members Introductions

Postby texxan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi Ya'll, I don't have much to offer everyone on this forum but can use all of the knowledge I encountered here. What makes this place so attractive is the more than friendly atmosphere and hospitality of the members. I am happy to be onboard and will be willing to help any way possible. I don't possess a great amount of computer or software knowledge but have managed to build my first computer. I've been using computers since the DOS days, and have been experimenting with *nix since the stable release of Dapper Drake - Ubuntu. I stumbled across Ultimate Edition a couple of week ago and installed 1.6 shortly thereafter. I now have both 1.6 and 1.7 on the same drive with Vista Ultimate, triple booting and loving it. Since the first install I've spent most all my computer time at home with Ultimate Edition 1.6, getting familiar with everything. I have wandered through a lot of the posts here and feel right at home with everyone here. I especially appreciate the extraordinary efforts of TheeMahn and his unselfish willingness to devote himself to the development of a fantastic OS for the free and unlimited use of it by everyone who has the desire to install it. You are a rare jewel in a sea of rock and I commend you for your contribution. I also want to express my appreciation for all those who contribute to the distro in whatever form. I am very satisfied with Ultimate Edition and am excited about the opportunity to associate with such a wonderful group of folks. Thank you so much from a 53 year old fat guy.
Mainboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe; CPU: AMD64 X2 - 4200
Ram: 4 GB Dual Channel DDR 400 - OCX Platnum
Video: 2 X Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS - 256MB each
Hard Disks: Seagate SATA - 1x250 GB, 2x320 GB, 1x320 GB External eSATA

Genius by no means, Smart by all means, Ultimate Edition by any means!
texxan
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:33 pm

Welcome aboard texxan! Glad to hear you are enjoying the distros! I think everyone here is in the same boat as far as being appreciative of TheeMahns hard work. I am very thankful myself. Once again, welcome aboard :D
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby dalgar » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:38 pm

OK So I've been coming here for a couple of months now and running Ultimate Edition 1.7 on all my systems. I am a Software QA Automation Developer. I break software for a living! Go figure I get paid to be destructive!

I've had to use MicroBloat for as long as I have been working. Always hated it. Watched Linux grow from a small cult to what it is now. I used to tell my friends who could never understand why people would use M$ over Linux that it was really simple.

M$ made it "Friendly" and "Easy". When stop and think about it, you really had to be a real geek to get Linux installed and running. I actually blew a couple of video cards because I loaded the wrong driver.

Linux has finally gown up and Ultimate Edition is proof positive that Linux is THE WAY TO GO! I have actually convinced my neighbor who is a hard core M$ user to install a dual boot Ultimate Edition. Last I spoke with him he is really getting into it.

But all that aside, I am glad I found Ultimate Edition and this forum. Everyone here is friendly and happy to help everyone who has come online. I hope to be able to contribute as much or more than I have gotten from everyone.

Cheers!
dalgar
laptop: HP dv6500, amd 64 2x, 2g ram, 170gb HD, nvidia, netgear wpn111 Ultimate Edition 1.7
http://pantherlakepress.com
http://plpwebs.com
http://ezcpr.net
dalgar
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby jedavies » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:13 pm

Just wanted to take the time to thank TheeMan for his extraordinary efforts and say HELLO to everyone. I have been using all versions since 1.4 and must say I like them all. I have turned all my friends on to TheeMan's Ultimate Edition and all of us are tryin' to do our part by seeding as many Torrents as possible. With the repository issues at hand we will do our part to seed 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 & Christmas Edition along with 1.7. I know its not much, but about ten of us have been seeding them for 3 weeks now. And will continue to for as long as our providers allow. I hope every little bit helps.
BigDaddy
alias M1MG91

"People sleep peacably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~ George Orwell ~
jedavies
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DaddyX3 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:59 pm

dalgar wrote:But all that aside, I am glad I found Ultimate Edition and this forum. Everyone here is friendly and happy to help everyone who has come online. I hope to be able to contribute as much or more than I have gotten from everyone.

Its always nice to get some helpful people on board here! Welcome aboard dalgar!

jedavies wrote:I have turned all my friends on to TheeMan's Ultimate Edition and all of us are tryin' to do our part by seeding as many Torrents as possible.

Thanks alot jedavies! This is always a good thing to do, no matter what the content of the torrent! Its people like you that really help the cause! Welcome aboard!
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:55 am

aperrigo wrote:Greetings and Salutations Everyone,
...*My background: I am 26 years old, Ex- US navy sailor 5 1/2 years of service as an Information Systems Technician and Electronics Technician. ..
I am a Xerox Repair Technician, Fiber Optics Technician as well as a Telecommunications freak. But that is behind me as I am out of the Navy and living the life as a Student at Volunteer State Community College. I am majoring in Computer Informations Systems aka Computer Science. For those you don't know most colleges will not accept military extensive training so I have to start a Freshmen on up...which is a drag....:)

(edited to shorten the response in case I get long on the keyboard again ;) )
1st, just let me say to aperrigo: while it may be a drag to start as freshman (totally understandable given your experience), you've got the best thing going on above prolly the majority, REAL world experience! And that can go a long way for ya. Good Luck to you !

Ok, Howdy folks. Been around Ultimate Edition for a couple of weeks now so I guess I could intro myself a litte. I'm a 20yr NavVet (1st Aviation Fire Control (AQ) then blackshoe Fire Control (FC). In plain English, I fixed (or tried to) gun and missile systems ('76-'96). During last 10 years, started hanging around a DS (Data Systems Tech) buddy of mine and began learning computers. He tried to show me Unix that was running the ships database library (I think) and scared me to death. Never got the hang of it but found I was pretty good with the hardware once he explained what was supposed to happening between it and the programs. So I stuck with the hardware end of it, and even started building some 'junk' systems (using the old parts he was replacing with newer updated ones). Long story short as possible, after retirement, and learning how to install MS Windows 3.1 properly, opened my own computer store back in my hometown building, upgrading, and whatnot. Things progressed but we had a bad drought in '97 (not to good in a farming community) and I couldn't survive it. So closed up shop, took a look, and seen next best money was in trucking. Bought my own truck (use to drive over the road before I went into USN) and hit the road, again?? :) Did real good there, but got to where joints were being bounced around to much and in pain all the time (and I hate taking pain pills. Why? Because pain is for a reason. Your body telling you not to do that no more !) So sold out and now my wife and I just spend time together and with our "barn" family (horses, dogs, and cats).

Been around now in this "new world" (for me anyway) about a month now. Started with a Ubuntu 8.04_amd64 Hardy version for a little over a week. How did that go? you might ask ;) Well, I liked the LiveCD so much, when I tried to resize Vista (32bit that came OEM) for dual boot, Vista wouldn't let me. Tried, with recommendations from others in the Hardy forum a number of ways that didn't pan out either. Sooooo, I slicked Vista and dove straight in to Ubuntu (never been afraid of change before, why start now, right?) Missed the next step on the rock and 6' in over my head. Was really overwhelming at first, started gettin' the shakes about it. Then sat back, took a deep breath, reminded myself "You can do this", and I've been having a ball ever since. THEN, I came across a link to Ultimate Edition. D/L'd, ran the LiveCD, my mind said "oh no, here we go again and haven't even made it above water yet!!". Thought I was overwhelmed in Hardy!! Man Ultimate Edition blew me slap across the room. All I could do was just sit there and look, in amazement, at what was filling up my screen. Then my mind said "Well whatcha gonna do now hero?" I said "Shut up and deal with it". Again, I'm having a ball here. Needless to say the support and atmosphere here I have found, IMHO, to be even better!!! Never have I been in any place as friendly, helpful, and exhibiting such free giving support. It really is like family around here. If I wasn't hooked before (and believe me, I was, like a bass after that broken-back minnow), you can bet your next mule ride down the Grand Canyon I am now. With Leadfinger's help (I'm bowing now to the Trackball KING!!) I finally have the doubleclick working on my Logitech Marble Mouse/Trackball.

Ok, getting to long here so I'll just say TheeMahn, I sincerely thank you and appreciate all that you do. To the forum, my sincere thanks for being here and doing what "ALL" of you do. Don't know how much help I can be at this time being newer than newbie in this "New World", but I'll do all I can for ya. Just since going thru the posts and learning, I've decided (if someone can help me set it up cuz "I've never been this far before" ;) (Country Classic))), that I'll set up a 'torrent' or whatever it is ya'll are doing when you're talking about seeding. Figure that's the best I can offer for now 'til I learn some more Ultimate Edition *Nix stuff. Thanks again to you all and for the newer noobs than me that follow, YOU'VE FINALLY MADE IT !! YOU'RE HOME NOW !! :)
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:09 pm

Wow, Ladies and Gents I owe you all my deepest apologize (haven't seen this thread in months), I have been cooked in the Ultimate Edition 1.7 dept and have systematically been "trying" to answer posts (over 7000 probably half I have viewed), I am thankful for each and every mod / admin we have here. I did not realize some of the intelligence we have onboard. Let alone the smarts "ability to learn", we have here. Everyone kind and willing to help each other, that is absolutely precious in itself. I will no longer look at things again as I have in the past. Funny I am prior Navy as well as many have posted ;) Did you know the Navy is going 100% *nix? Seen it on TV.

If the govt takes steps to rid itself of Windows, I wonder where it is all going... Billy is trying to sell M$, hmm...

Thanks all,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:34 pm

jedavies wrote:Just wanted to take the time to thank TheeMan for his extraordinary efforts and say HELLO to everyone. I have been using all versions since 1.4 and must say I like them all. I have turned all my friends on to TheeMan's Ultimate Edition and all of us are tryin' to do our part by seeding as many Torrents as possible. With the repository issues at hand we will do our part to seed 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 & Christmas Edition along with 1.7. I know its not much, but about ten of us have been seeding them for 3 weeks now. And will continue to for as long as our providers allow. I hope every little bit helps.

I will not BS you the repo gets hammered harder then the download server, something I thought I would never see. Recent events have made this happen, Ultimate Edition's 13 mirrors for one, and one of them is on a OC-3, the repo has no mirror & I look for this to cause problems in the immediate future. I have been unemployed for probably better then a month (start a new job Monday). I can not afford dedicated hosting right now & apologize, hopefully this will change when working. I do not want "donations" or what have you... It is all about free as in <BREW>. I do give condolences to you and others for doing your part to help "share" the load. It is selfless acts such as you & others have done that make Ultimate Edition what it is today.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:13 pm

aperrigo wrote:Greetings and Salutations Everyone,

So far I quite pleased with the Ultimate Edition releases. I only just recently have started using them but I have used mulitple other OS's such as Fedora 8, Mandriva 2008 , Ubuntu 7.10, and ofcourse Vista 64, XP 64, and bunch of OS's lying in my cabinet waiting to destruction.
I have tested your Ultimate Edition 1.6 on my virtual box and it is amazing within virtualization standards...but I am unable to install it over my linux drive at the moment. I am researching into it as I write.

*My background: I am 26 years old, Ex- US navy sailor 5 1/2 years of service as an Information Systems Technician and Electronics Technician. I did work with critical systems such as HP-Unix and various other that I am not at liberty to say. I have also worked on Windows NT servers and all modern Microsoft Clients.
I am a Xerox Repair Technician, Fiber Optics Technician as well as a Telecommunications freak. But that is behind me as I am out of the Navy and living the life as a Student at Volunteer State Community College. I am majoring in Computer Informations Systems aka Computer Science. For those you don't know most colleges will not accept military extensive training so I have to start a Freshmen on up...which is a drag.

I am focusing on Programming as a Student for my educational backbone as that is something the military didn't focus enough of when I was in service. I am moderately fluent in these languages:
* Visual Basic
* C++
* C#
* Perl
* MySQL<--- Needs Work!
* PHP<--- working on now!
* XHTML<--- working on now!
* ASP.NET 2.0 <--- working on now!
I am A+ Certified and will be working on my Linux Certification as well this summer.
To sum me up I am the type of Tech that tries not to retain information except where to look it up in the Manual. I am also good at research.

For a side note though, I am really looking forward to install the Ultimate Edition OS and giving it a whirl. And as a PLus I love the design of your sight plus the communication between Beginners , Moderates, and Experts within your forums. It is always good to see people who are interested in further their knowledge about something.
:)

I have to touch bases with you w/o a doubt, amazes me to see someone so inclined into the "computer world", can help you with all you are looking to learn minus xhtml & asp, VB I am "TheeMahn" to see and not used it in better then a year (fairly solid *nix man now), I know css & have not taken the time to re-write my sites, would take me but a couple minutes, however updating graphics and css / per folder across 6 sites longer then I have time for. with out a doubt css is the way to go, do not take what I have said, but nothing more then a grain of salt. PHP is the last language to learn it is total crap (search engines hate sites in php w/o apache remod) Look at this site it is php sure a PR 4 home page, that is as good as it gets. Weight is low on a search engine where a PHP site is concerned. I also know SEO. That you don't learn in a school. Nothing wrong with xhtml. ASP once again if for web we travel back down the same road of php. I do not use Java as well, hmm...

I am sorry I have to cut this short people are on me... Sorry, will continue here or elsewhere time permitting.

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Cab » Sat May 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Well someone asked me to put up some pics. I scrounged around and found a few. I'll get newer ones up eventually. Here my cars and my Harley.
Attachments
bradsmarkviii.jpg
101_0865.jpg
Brads 002.jpg
Mother Board: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI
CPU: AMD 2700X
Memory: 32GB CORSAIR PRO RGB @3200
Video Card: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
Hard Drives: 1TB Network Drive, 1TB 860 EVO SSD, 1TB 970 EVO M.2
I'm in Southern New Mexico, USA (not Mexico)
Cab
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Why Register on this forum?