Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Members Introductions

Reasons to register...
Forum rules
One Warning only ......
This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites. Please consider this before you contemplate posting, otherwise, your ISP will be advised of your activities.

Re: Members Introductions

Postby DaddyX3 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:17 pm

stylish_way wrote:hi all .... it would be soooo wrong if i don't say a few words to the people who r behind a very successful and graphically blessed OS.. i mean Ultimate of course

Guys i am impressed by the way you have made Ubuntu go ultimate ..... really deserves the name ultimate ...

About me ... i am justn an average user who liked the gusty gibbon and now is head over heels inlove with Ultimate 1.6 (gotto download it first and run it )

Its a pleasure to interact with u all

Welcome aboard! I have nothing to do with the brains behind the distro, but all I can say is I agree with you 100% Its a great release :D
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby Mardon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:07 pm

DaddyX3 wrote:
stylish_way wrote:hi all .... it would be soooo wrong if i don't say a few words to the people who r behind a very successful and graphically blessed OS.. i mean Ultimate of course

Guys i am impressed by the way you have made Ubuntu go ultimate ..... really deserves the name ultimate ...

About me ... i am justn an average user who liked the gusty gibbon and now is head over heels inlove with Ultimate 1.6 (gotto download it first and run it )

Welcome aboard! I have nothing to do with the brains behind the distro, but all I can say is I agree with you 100% Its a great release :D

Welcome stylish_way :lol: , I also agree 100% and i also have no brains behind this distro just and old guy having fun. :o
Mardon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:22 pm

eduardowb wrote:Hi guys, my name is Eduardo and I'm brazilian (yes, Brazil has Ultimate Edition too)!

I'm 19 and I'm an Computer Science Student

My languages are:

Delphi
Pascal (using Free Pascal xD)
Visual Basic
ASP
PHP

Ok, this is almost about me.

Welcome aboard... Always nice to welcome aboard a programmer ;) I would like to welcome each person on board, but would take me all day... Just to let everyone know I am currently uploading Ultimate Edition 1.6 Gamers, you can read more about that from the Ultimate Edition 1.6 info / progress page.

Greets to all,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:04 am

Been a long time since I posted in this thread and my my I have missed some nice comments, thanks to you and all previous, I love our community there are a bunch and I mean a bunch of good people here. Most willing to take their shirt off their back, thanks to you and all previous posts, sorry I do not have time to thank each of you individually building Ultimate Edition 1.7 currently.

Thanks again,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:07 am

DaddyX3 wrote:

Yes you do you have something to do with it... You live on this board ;) And help others out. I would say you have plenty to do with it.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby aperrigo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Greetings and Salutations Everyone,

So far I quite pleased with the Ultimate Edition releases. I only just recently have started using them but I have used mulitple other OS's such as Fedora 8, Mandriva 2008 , Ubuntu 7.10, and ofcourse Vista 64, XP 64, and bunch of OS's lying in my cabinet waiting to destruction.
I have tested your Ultimate Edition 1.6 on my virtual box and it is amazing within virtualization standards...but I am unable to install it over my linux drive at the moment. I am researching into it as I write.

*My background: I am 26 years old, Ex- US navy sailor 5 1/2 years of service as an Information Systems Technician and Electronics Technician. I did work with critical systems such as HP-Unix and various other that I am not at liberty to say. I have also worked on Windows NT servers and all modern Microsoft Clients.
I am a Xerox Repair Technician, Fiber Optics Technician as well as a Telecommunications freak. But that is behind me as I am out of the Navy and living the life as a Student at Volunteer State Community College. I am majoring in Computer Informations Systems aka Computer Science. For those you don't know most colleges will not accept military extensive training so I have to start a Freshmen on up...which is a drag.

I am focusing on Programming as a Student for my educational backbone as that is something the military didn't focus enough of when I was in service. I am moderately fluent in these languages:
* Visual Basic
* C++
* C#
* Perl
* MySQL<--- Needs Work!
* PHP<--- working on now!
* XHTML<--- working on now!
* ASP.NET 2.0 <--- working on now!
I am A+ Certified and will be working on my Linux Certification as well this summer.
To sum me up I am the type of Tech that tries not to retain information except where to look it up in the Manual. I am also good at research.

For a side note though, I am really looking forward to install the Ultimate Edition OS and giving it a whirl. And as a PLus I love the design of your sight plus the communication between Beginners , Moderates, and Experts within your forums. It is always good to see people who are interested in further their knowledge about something.
:)
Intel Quad Processor 9450 2.6 Ghz
Microsoft Windows Vista x64*(Service Pack 1, v.668)
Ultimate Ubuntu Edition 1.8 x64
XFX Nvidia n790i Ultra
1 * Nvidia PNY Geforce GX280 1 GHz 1GB
4GB DDR3 Corsair at 1333MHz
1 * Western Digital Velociraptor 300 GB SATA 3.0 Gbps Vista Drive
1 * Western Digital 320 GB SATA 3.0 Gbps*Linux Drive
2 * Western Digital Raptor 10000 RPM SATA 1.5 Gbps* Game Drive (RAID 0)
I like answers that aren't correct from politicians
aperrigo
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:50 pm

What a great introduction! Just want to welcome you aboard officially! I have already replied to a couple of your posts prior to this one, but welcome aboard regardless :!: Sounds like you are going to be a perfect candidate for Ultimate Edition! Hope that we can be of some assistance with your installs/ questions here. And hope to see some of your knowledge get passed along to the other users here. That is what makes *nix distro's and their communities so strong, is the sharing of information!!! A lot of hard work goes into everything that we use here - and its all free! You won't find that with a commercial brand (M$ Winblows / OS X) distribution! Any way, hope you enjoy your experiences with Ultimate Edition.
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby zK9 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:25 am

Hi,
Been a linux user for quite a while, and was stuck to SUSE untill I tried Ultimate, This system is the best, contains everything I was looking for, without the bugs and instability.
I am from Kenya and may be able to provide some bandwith or a mirror if one is required, though it may not be as fast as required, but if you need one these sides.. you know where to catch me.

zK9
zK9
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby aperrigo » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:59 pm

Thank YOu!
Intel Quad Processor 9450 2.6 Ghz
Microsoft Windows Vista x64*(Service Pack 1, v.668)
Ultimate Ubuntu Edition 1.8 x64
XFX Nvidia n790i Ultra
1 * Nvidia PNY Geforce GX280 1 GHz 1GB
4GB DDR3 Corsair at 1333MHz
1 * Western Digital Velociraptor 300 GB SATA 3.0 Gbps Vista Drive
1 * Western Digital 320 GB SATA 3.0 Gbps*Linux Drive
2 * Western Digital Raptor 10000 RPM SATA 1.5 Gbps* Game Drive (RAID 0)
I like answers that aren't correct from politicians
aperrigo
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby DaddyX3 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:37 pm

zK9 wrote:Hi,
Been a linux user for quite a while, and was stuck to SUSE untill I tried Ultimate, This system is the best, contains everything I was looking for, without the bugs and instability.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the offer! I'm sure if TheeMahn needs it, he'll contact you :)

DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

PreviousNext

Return to Why Register on this forum?