Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Members Introductions

Reasons to register...
Forum rules
One Warning only ......
This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites. Please consider this before you contemplate posting, otherwise, your ISP will be advised of your activities.

Home sweet home

Postby Penguin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:24 am

Home sweet home ;)
Penguin
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Hi All

Postby Mardon » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:25 pm

:) Just want to say hi, have been using Ultimate for about 10 weeks and love it, thanks to TheeMahn for all the work, keep it up ;)
Mark
Last edited by Mardon on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mardon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Re: Hi All

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks brother, you are the the first regular user to post and earn a bonus please check your PM.

His PM:

You are the first to post congrats...

Sent at: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:44 pm
To: Mardon
You have earned what most would die for, however I feel in it's infancy you have access to the Beta of Ultimate Edition 1.6. Please bare in mind this is in its weakest stage, until gusty goes final, but most would love to have what you have access to. BTW I can see the IP that downloads it. I highly suggest you do not give out that link.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Meet the forum staff...

Postby jfg69 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:16 pm

Hi all, thought I'd post a quick intro and say hi.

I'm not a young gun compared to many of you out there. I dont work in the computer field either, but in the operating room of a level 1 trauma center/county hospital as a surgical technologist.

That said, I'm pretty new to Linux and even newer Ultimate Edition user. I have, over the last 2 years, attempted to run/install/learn various distros. I started back in 2001 trying to get SUSE to run on an old win95 machine. Never got the hang of it, so I bailed out. Tried a couple here and there, Knoppix, Slack, PCLos, DreamLinux, Mint- even took a stab at Lindows. Anyway, after finally trying Ubuntu and actually having a distro I could not only get to install - it almost worked flawlesly!

That's when I ran across TheeMahn and his Ultimate Edition. I installed it back in July 07 and been running ever since! I've learned a lot both in the forums and other users, but the majority of the credit goes to TheeMahn. He has tirelessly and unselfishly put together these distro's, answered questions, PM's emails etc and footed the cost of the bandwidth.

Thankfully, there are people here willing to take the knowledge and experience they have and pay it forward. Guys like CCal and Snaple who have been supplying bandwidth at amazing and insane amounts! Of course there are others, like Acowboydave, PharaoSD anjd others whom I dont really know yet- all willing to help out. If I left your nic out, forgive me, its not on purpose!

So thanks everone, and enjoy the ride!

jfg69
Last edited by TheeMahn on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Meet the forum staff...

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Re: Quick intro...and thanks!

Postby cowboy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:51 am

Hello,
As my nickname applies, I am one. I too am new to the computer field, and not to long ago you turn on a computer by the little power button, turn it off...by the little power button. After being banned from my friends computer, I since now have learned quite a little bit more. I have also tried other Distro, and UU to me far exceeds the others. You cannot beat the comradeship this group has. jfg69 was right, TheeMahn has been always there to help...plus put Ultimate together for us, Thank You. To any newcomers "Welcome".
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby river100 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:56 am

Here's my 2 cents,

i'm currently installing Ultimate on a 3rd pc. it's doing an upgrade script from 1.4 cd. one is my amd64 toy / test pc. the other 2 are for friends. after trying quite a few distros and ending up with ubuntu i still didnt think i could make linux fly with most of my friends and customers. ran into Ultimate and THIS IS THE ONE ! i still use windows for my books an certain windows programs but after Ultimate i find it hard to boot into windows ;)

great work TheeMahn your work will be known in louisiana

river
river100
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby zuandiudin » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:45 am

great work TheeMahn your work will be known in Italy. I using Ultimate Edition 1.5 and Ultimate Edition Games. The aspect version 1.6.
Tanks. :)
zuandiudin
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Re: Quick intro...and thanks!

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:42 am

Allow me to introduce myself I am "The Man" ;) 36 years old self taught computer guru, main interests virtually anything to do with a computer including building them. I wrote my first computer program when I was 11 years old in basic on a Commodore Vic-20 <- the url says it all.

Languages I know other then English ;)
[*] Basic
[*] Visual Basic including the API (Advanced Programming Interface)
[*] Cobol
[*] Fortran
[*] Turbo Pascal
[*] Pascal
[*] DBase
[*] Delphi
[*] Logo <- What a waste of a language
[*] C
[*] Bash
[*] PHP
[*] SQL
[*] HTML
[*] CSS

Probably many more I can't think of. Beyond that I am here to help, be it Ultimate Edition related, programming or otherwise. I would like to comment and say we have some great staff here that are accustomed to helping others out. Please above all enjoy your stay
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:19 am

Thank you Gentlemen, it is an honor to have served you. :D

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Nice to meet you all

Postby d4rkkn16ht » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:12 am

Hi there :)
I'm 31 yo and a newbie in linux (although I used to use Redhat for about 2-3 yrs when console is still dominating).
I haven't used Ultimate yet but will soon try it when the new gutsy is used for the next version of Ultimate :D
I'm familiar with some programming language such as :
  1. Basic & Virtual Basic
  2. Pascal & Delphi
  3. C & C++
  4. Bash & Perl
  5. Foxpro & DBase
  6. SQL
  7. HTML
But I usually use Delphi.
Linux Programming environment is quite new for me (i did bash & perl years ago when i was still studying)

What I want from Linux is a complete replacement from Windows,but it may be a problem because I collect games :)
Right now I'm searching a good Linux distro that will match my Acer Aspire 5585 & my Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mobo system.
I've tried some distro (openSuse,Fedora,PCLinuxOS,Mint,Ubuntu,Kubuntu,Debian) but none fit my requirement (device drivers) :(

The best distro that nearly fit my requirement is Ubuntu (but not Kubuntu....strange :shock: ).
That's why I will try to help to make this Ultimate better :D
....or may be become a new better fork (?)
Last edited by d4rkkn16ht on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
d4rkkn16ht
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

Next

Return to Why Register on this forum?