Members Introductions

Reasons to register...
Forum rules
One Warning only ......
This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites. Please consider this before you contemplate posting, otherwise, your ISP will be advised of your activities.


Re: Members Introductions

Postby drama » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:13 am

Sno wrote:Hi All,

Located in Chicago Illinois, USA.

Been using Ubuntu since it came out. Ran most of them before that...Slackware, Redhat, Fedora, Debian, Gentoo, LFS, Mandrake, Knoppix, NetBSD, FreeBSD, etc.....First one was Redhat 5.3 i think.....been a while.

As I said, great job and thanks,

-Sno


not far from me. "quad cities" iowa here (not sure if you know where that is). ive also used most of them os's aside from pure redhat and gentoo. started with fedora core 2, prob the only distro ive used previous to ubuntu that i still keep tabs on (i HATE yum though). anyway welcome aboard :)

p.s. by the way i totally love your background. where did you get it from? (im a background whore)
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
User avatar
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:26 am
Location: eastern iowa, united states
Age: 36
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT



Re: Members Introductions

Postby Sno » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:54 pm

drama1981 wrote:
p.s. by the way i totally love your background. where did you get it from? (im a background whore)


Hi drama1981,

I get to Davenport now and then....good Motorcycle rally there. :twisted:

As to the wallpaper...it used to be at Digital Blasphemy in the free gallery...but it seems to be gone now.....so here it is if you want it.

-Sno
Attachments
wallpaper_7.jpg
Wallpaper
Then the women got the vote, and everything went to hell..... Drinking and gambling and whoring were declared unlawful. All those things which come natural to men became crimes.

-Tector Crites, The life and times of Judge Roy Bean.
User avatar
Sno
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:19 am
Location: Chicago, IL. USA
Age: 50



Re: Members Introductions

Postby cowboy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks Sno used that site before it's located here.. http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/mpages/ ... 2001.shtml ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
User avatar
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:38 pm
Location: Scottsdale Az
Age: 65
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT



Re: Members Introductions

Postby drama » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:49 pm

Sno wrote:
drama1981 wrote:
p.s. by the way i totally love your background. where did you get it from? (im a background whore)


Hi drama1981,

I get to Davenport now and then....good Motorcycle rally there. :twisted:

-Sno


i actually just moved to davenport from rock island. we do have a pretty good one here. not the best but it certainly is a good one. anyway thankx for the wall its very much appreciated. if you need any help with anything feel free to give a hollar (ati, grub, compiz/beryl, various display issues, sound, audio/video production, jack). cheers :)

p.s. cowboy i may have to subscribe to that site some badass stuff over there :)
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
User avatar
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:26 am
Location: eastern iowa, united states
Age: 36
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT



Re: Members Introductions

Postby cowboy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:26 pm

drama1981 wrote:
Sno wrote:
drama1981 wrote:
p.s. by the way i totally love your background. where did you get it from? (im a background whore)


Hi drama1981,

I get to Davenport now and then....good Motorcycle rally there. :twisted:

-Sno


i actually just moved to davenport from rock island. we do have a pretty good one here. not the best but it certainly is a good one. anyway thankx for the wall its very much appreciated. if you need any help with anything feel free to give a hollar (ati, grub, compiz/beryl, various display issues, sound, audio/video production, jack). cheers :)

p.s. cowboy i may have to subscribe to that site some badass stuff over there :)

Lol, tell me about it, some of the best I have seen.. ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
User avatar
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:38 pm
Location: Scottsdale Az
Age: 65
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT



Re: Members Introductions

Postby alnhntr29 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi, I have been a fan of ultimate since the beginning. Have had 1.4 on my system till I upgraded computers and could not get the live cd to load on the new one. I have some unanswered questions in my posts regarding the dvd release of the newest version and help getting it on my system. I really love the Ultimate Edition releases and look forward to many more upgraded versions. If there is any little thing I can do to help, let me know.(im not a noob, but far from expert) :D
Keep up the legacy mahn!!
alnhntr29
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:20 am



Re: Members Introductions

Postby DaddyX3 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:39 am

alnhntr29 wrote:Hi, I have been a fan of ultimate since the beginning. Have had 1.4 on my system till I upgraded computers and could not get the live cd to load on the new one. I have some unanswered questions in my posts regarding the dvd release of the newest version and help getting it on my system. I really love the Ultimate Edition releases and look forward to many more upgraded versions. If there is any little thing I can do to help, let me know.(im not a noob, but far from expert) :D
Keep up the legacy mahn!!

Sorry alnhntr29, I haven't seen them. What seems to be the problem? Maybe you could "bump" your posts to get a few more views in the threads appropriate.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
User avatar
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God
 
Posts: 2407
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:22 am
Location: Central Coast - California
Age: 43
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT



Re: Members Introductions

Postby eduardowb » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:54 pm

Hi guys, my name is Eduardo and I'm brazilian (yes, Brazil has Ultimate Edition too)!

I'm 19 and I'm an Computer Science Student

My languages are:

Delphi
Pascal (using Free Pascal xD)
Visual Basic
ASP
PHP

Ok, this is almost about me.
waiting the script for upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6
eduardowb
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Brazil
Age: 29
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT



Re: Members Introductions

Postby cowboy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:33 pm

eduardowb wrote:Hi guys, my name is Eduardo and I'm brazilian (yes, Brazil has Ultimate Edition too)!

I'm 19 and I'm an Computer Science Student

My languages are:

Delphi
Pascal (using Free Pascal xD)
Visual Basic
ASP
PHP

Ok, this is almost about me.


Hello and welcome, looks like you are going in the right direction, got to be, your running Ultimate Edition, :)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
User avatar
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:38 pm
Location: Scottsdale Az
Age: 65
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT



Re: Members Introductions

Postby stylish_way » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:42 am

hi all .... it would be soooo wrong if i don't say a few words to the people who r behind a very successful and graphically blessed OS.. i mean Ultimate of course

Guys i am impressed by the way you have made Ubuntu go ultimate ..... really deserves the name ultimate ...

About me ... i am justn an average user who liked the gusty gibbon and now is head over heels inlove with Ultimate 1.6 (gotto download it first and run it )

Its a pleasure to interact with u all
Humanity to others ..... is what Ubuntu means and follows
User avatar
stylish_way
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:01 am
Age: 39
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Why Register on this forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest