Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Install issue- kinda solved

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 4.4

Install issue- kinda solved

Postby marvinudy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Downloaded several copies of UE-4.4-64(full version) and could not get matching md5sums. Tried domestic and foreign repos. Burned to disk just as an experiment on different 'burners' at different speeds. All newly burned disks 'hung-up' in the DVD boot process on two different DVD players(internal and external).

Work-around of 'bad DVDs' to start a "good" 'Live session' was achieved by keying in ctl-alt-f1 after the DVD boot disk 'stalled'. From the command line, I entered "cd .." twice(2x) to get to the ultimate@ultimate:/$ command prompt. Executing the 'startx' command brought up a fully functional UE-4.4 'live' session. From there I installed a working installation of UE-4.4-64 that functions as it should in all its glory.

best regards,

marvinudy

-Computer-
Processor : 8x Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory : 16311MB (1141MB used)
Operating System : Ultimate Edition 4.4
User Name : mavinudy
Date/Time : Tue 28 Apr 2015 05:27:47 PM EDT
-Display-
Resolution : 1920x1080 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : Gallium 0.4 on NVD9
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation
-Multimedia-
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
Audio Adapter : USB-Audio - Vimicro USB 2.0 PC Camera (Venu
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
-Input Devices-
Power Button
Power Button
Video Bus
Vimicro USB 2.0 PC Camera (Venu
HDA Intel PCH Front Mic
HDA Intel PCH Rear Mic
HDA Intel PCH Line
HDA Intel PCH Line Out Front
HDA Intel PCH Line Out Surround
HDA Intel PCH Line Out CLFE
HDA Intel PCH Front Headphone
HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm : 3=
HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm : 7=
Logitech USB Multimedia Keyboard
Logitech USB Multimedia Keyboard
Logitech USB Receiver
HDA NVidia HDMI/DP,pcm : 3=
HDA NVidia HDMI/DP,pcm : 7=
-Printers-
No printers found
-SCSI Disks-
ATA ST3500418AS
ATA Samsung SSD 840
ATA WDC WD10EZEX-00B
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB
ATA ST3320620AS
WD 5000AAV External
HP DVD Writer 1270e
TOSHIBA TransMemory
TOSHIBA TransMemory
TOSHIBA TransMemory
marvinudy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Re: Install issue- kinda solved

Postby marvinudy » Fri May 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Apologize for the delay in answering. Busy week.

I downloaded via SourceForge on 'hard wire' from an AT&T cable connection (two twisted wire cables). Download speeds were slower than expected. Error message displayed in the terminal after 'freeze' was 'no lsb module found'.

I'm trying another download of UE-4,4-64 via sourceforge using the 'softlayer' link. Will post results later on tonight(ESDT).

UE-4.4-64 install as earlier reported is up and running like a charm.

Thanks in advance for your interest and input.

best regards,

marvinudy
marvinudy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Re: Install issue- solved

Postby marvinudy » Fri May 01, 2015 7:56 pm

It appears that I'm suffering from a bad internal CD/DVD unit. After downloading again and verifying the checksum, I burned the iso via two burner programs, xfburn@6x and brasero@4x. Images burned at 4x did better than 6x but not perfect. However, either booted from my external USB Hp DVD burner worked as advertised. It seems I spent a great deal of time chasing a work-around for a bad piece of hardware. Live and learn.

Xxjoker21xX thanks for 'sticking' with me until I figured it out.

best regards,

marvinudy
marvinudy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 4.4