Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 4.4?

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 4.4

Ultimate Edition 4.4?

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:27 pm

x86.png
Building 4.4 x86 on os-builder.com

Some basic info that goes across the board.
Ultimate Edition 4.4 in general is:
Debootstapped, built from the ground up. Based on Ubuntu Utopic Unicorn. Generated on a server, not by a person as in the past, using Tmosb 1.9.3. I provided no custom switches other then -yes so it did not prompt me, I do have other things to do.

The Ultimate Edition 4.4 line, being produced:

• ultimate-edition-4.4-armel.iso
  • ultimate-edition-4.4-powerpc.iso
  • ultimate-edition-4.4-x64.iso
  • ultimate-edition-4.4-x86-gamers.iso
  • ultimate-edition-4.4-x86-lite.iso
  • ultimate-edition-4.4-armhf.iso
  • ultimate-edition-4.4-x64-gamers.iso
  • ultimate-edition-4.4-x64-lite.iso
  • ultimate-edition-4.4-x86.iso

Will they all be released to the general public? This has yet to be determined.

Moving on

Our server http://os-builder.com is building the entire line of Ultimate Edition 4.4. I figured why not create a thread & get the ball rolling.
For example Ultimate Edition 4.4 Gamers (done):

This Operating System was auto generated using:
TheeMahn's O/S Builder (tmosb) 1.9.3, 03/18/2015
GNU tmosb home page: <http://os-builder.com/>.
E-mail bug reports to: <[email protected]>.
Be sure to include the word tmosb somewhere in the Subject: field.

Using the command: tmosb --build ultimate-edition-4.4-x64-gamers.iso -yes
on Wed Mar 18 17:20:49 EDT 2015 by ultimate on os-builder.com

Source Build platform:
======================
os-builder.com is an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630L v2 @ 2.40GHz resonating at 2399.998 Mhz
CPU CORES: 2
MEMORY: 4,048,284 bytes
HOST ARCH: 64 bit
HOST BUILD O/S:
DISTRIB_ID=Ultimate_Edition
DISTRIB_RELEASE=4.2
DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ultimate Edition 4.2 Minimal Server LTS"

Destination Distribution Information
====================================
Distribution Base: Ubuntu utopic
Architecture: amd64
Detected Desktop Environments:
mate
XBMC
Internal Buildtime: 2m49s
Distro: Ultimate Edition
Version: 4.4
LTS (Long term supported): No
Data Preparer: ultimate
Data Publisher: TMOSB <http://os-builder.com/>
Type: gamers
Isoname: ultimate-edition-4.4-x64-gamers.iso
Installed Size: 6,659,649,536 bytes.
Ultimate Edition 4.4 "Utopic Unicorn" - Release x64 (20150318)
Build logs: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3723 Mar 18 17:20 .disk/tmosb-1.9.3-build-logs.tar.gz
URL: http://ultimateedition.info/Ultimate_Edition_4.4/

Please note: The above url, may not work if the release has not been made public.

As we can see on the screenie above, it is now a Quad core & 8GB (not 4 as the above) of ram building. The server has the ability to be upgraded to a 20 core & 64GB of ram. All servers run off SSD technology. Expensive, but worth it. I am reserving the 20 core for when I get it building custom operating systems for you, by a few clicks of your mouse.

A currently un-working example can be viewed here.

I am super happy we now have all servers running under Ultimate Edition!!! All stats, auto generated as per server. Including this very server. When I get time, I will upgrade this server to Ultimate Edition 4.2.1 Minimal Server LTS. Tmosb built that too ;)

The Future?
With a a doubt when we roll to a 20 core processor server, the Storm will move in to fix your applications as it builds your "PERFECT OPERATING SYSTEM". At that point we become untouchable, and 20 cores will not be enough. No problem, open another server. I love cloud computing.

Feel the Laziness:
Wrote a script to automate the building of the entire Ultimate Edition 4.4 line.
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
declare -a OS=();
OS=$(tmosb --build --suppress)
FOLDER=$((ls -d */) 2>/dev/null)
if [[ $FOLDER ]]; then
   echo "Please scrap $FOLDER, so we can continue."
   exit 0;
fi
if [[ $1 ]]; then
        for EACH in ${OS[@]}
        do
                GREPIT=$(echo $EACH | grep "$1")
                if [[ $GREPIT ]]; then
                        tmosb --build $EACH -yes
                        mv *.iso /var/www/os-builder.com/
                        ERROR=$(rm -R $EACH/)
                        if [[ $ERROR ]]; then
                                echo "Reboot your server and remove the folder $EACH"
                                exit 0;
                        fi
                fi
        done
fi

The above will expand as I go along, perfection is my goal all in one shot. Build all those operating systems while I sleep. Will do the same for 4.5 etc. SCRIPTNAME 4.5 I love pipes. Linux is the only one that has them:
OS=$(tmosb --build --suppress)

Loads the operating systems into an array
for EACH in ${OS[@]}

cycles the array looking for 4.4 and generates a list of operating systems to build, one clean sweep. Big things are coming, strike that huge. Kick back and enjoy the ride. We have not discussed customization yet. It has been there for a long minute, I have not woken it up YET!!!

TheeMahn,
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 4.4?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:56 am

Still going to say what you have done surpasses every developer out there by a few hundred miles.For those that do not understand this point, you need to try building a few systems from just a mini-iso. Believe me, you will feel like you are doing brain surgery or the most difficult thing you can imagine. Then generally the first you do on your own if working is close to a disaster, since this task takes real knowledge to do correctly. Sure current two systems I have built are nice, but I have built quite a few. Then imagine someone who has done what I have been doing for over 10 years? Nice has now turned to perfect since you have to remember TheeMahn also has more education and experience than I will ever gain.

Next, imagine being responsible for making forums operate correctly, working a full time job, and continually working to make software and OS's better? Do not know about you folks, but will be honest about myself, when I am working full-time job I barely find time for anything else and know this is true for everyone out there. Still and forever will continue to say, everyone here is extremely lucky and should be honored what TheeMahn has done for us all. Every time I start a build of my own to learn more, I learn more of the challenges, obstacles and impossibilities of what TheeMahn is doing. Watching TMOSB build an OS in less time than I can figure the base of what I will create, is beyond belief and awesome.

Wish I had cable so can do both and learn more, but unfortunately Verizon limits me, so have to be happy with what I can do. Will say thanks again and you also have to remember, without having known you, Ultimate and this forum, I would be lost using some hap-hazzard OS that would probably be crashing daily. You have taught me how an OS can run correctly and stand to all the challenges set forth to it. I model every build I create after that fact and continually know I am getting closer to better than nice. Best wishes always as you are the truest friend we all have on Linux.
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Xxjoker21xX wrote:<BREW> Indeed a awesome tool to turn everyday users into Os Builders... Is revolutionary No Doubt....... <BREW> :D

It will be, a few clicks of the mouse (totally unfuctional at this point).
A new server is coming online and and old one drops off all at the same time as I type, dumped another $100 to see this through:
replace.png
Replacing os-builder.com

flow.png
Alot of money in short order going out...

I get this working, I will see that coming back in manifold in one day. End result better services for our users and cater to uniqueness,
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby barney » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:58 am

Hi,

First time poster long time reader.

Just wondering, I want to install Xfce desktop on 4.4 Ultimate Edition. If I install xubuntu desktop on 4.4 can I purge mate desktop as there is a few conflicting issues between mate and xfce. Will purging mate on Ultimate Edition destroy the OS?

Thank you.
ASRock Fatal1ty Z170-Gaming K6+ Motherboard, Core i7 6700k,
16GB 2400DDR4 RAM, GTX970, 240GBSSD, 120SSD, plus 3 other HDDs
H105 CPU cooler. EVGA 750G2 power supply.
OS?
barney
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby barney » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:01 am

Yeah I found that out. It's on a test computer so no worries.

Thank you for getting back to me.
ASRock Fatal1ty Z170-Gaming K6+ Motherboard, Core i7 6700k,
16GB 2400DDR4 RAM, GTX970, 240GBSSD, 120SSD, plus 3 other HDDs
H105 CPU cooler. EVGA 750G2 power supply.
OS?
barney
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Gator Tech » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:07 pm

Just my 2 cents here but I got 4.4 x 64 full up in no time with only one noob issue concerning mate. Not sure if the screen selector Icon was there on first install and so reinstalled mate. found the right "gear" and now looks and operates great! This is on an old hand-me-down Dell Studio 1737. So if this Noob can install it and run it without making TheemMahn run away screaming that he saw my noobs, then its a winner! :vil2_piscine
Installed Ultimate Edition 3.4 x 64 and am running Ultimate Edition 4.4 x 64 Full on Dell Studio 1737 Intel core 2 dual Dual drive dual Op sys.
Gator Tech
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby diablo10000 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:32 am

anyone got the md5sums for ultimate-edition-4.4-x64.iso? DLd the md5sum text from SF but it only goes up to 3.6. it's been a year since i've done anything with Ultimate Edition, but i still love the work Thee does and can't wait to see the newer stuff(last version i saw was 3.4)
diablo10000
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Rustum » Sat May 07, 2016 8:49 pm

Ok, Maybe I have lost my mind. I installed Ultimate Edition 3.5 on my old computer with Windows 7. But the disk with the ISO image of Ultimate Edition 4.4 x64 gamers will not boot up and run as a live disk and I don't see any programs I can run to install it. I apologize if I should know better, but I guess I have lost my knowledge. I did check the MD5 checksum and it was a match. I tried booting from the DVD drive but it wouldn't boot and went back to Windows.

To help other people who make fools of themselves. I won't delete this post. I figured out what I did, I forgot to check the option to make the DVD-rom image bootable. However, I did do that on a usb thumbdrive. I had failures mounting the live disk. Also, the install failed. I will download another version later. It's getting too late. There may be a compatibility issue with the USB thumbdrive. I may try with another properly written DVD drive image. But that will have to wait as I am on travel and don't carry around extra DVD blank disks.
Rustum
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 4.4