Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 4.3 Add Login Sound??(Solved)

Feedback for Ultimate Edition 4.3

Ultimate Edition 4.3 Add Login Sound??(Solved)

Postby ninjawarrior » Sun May 17, 2015 5:36 pm

I have been using Star Sapphire for some time now and really like the sound intro in the login screen or the Plymouth screen (having a woman’s voice asking in the login screen has turned a few heads of my friends!). I was wondering how to, maybe add that wave file to the login screen in Ultimate Edition 4.3, if possible.I have Ultimate Edition 4.3 installed on an other computer an really like it. Since the login sound intro is in Star Sapphire, can it be added to the login on Ultimate Edition 4.3? Also Ultimate Edition 4.3 only has KDE and XBMC as desktop environments. Would I need to install a gnome DE in Ultimate Edition 4.3 ?
I have a solution for gnome - https://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/forum ... und#p48727
But Ultimate Edition 4.3 doesn`t have gnome. I looked high and low in the KDE systems settings and found nothing useful there.. :vil2_jumelles
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Quad Multi Core
Intel Core I7 CPU @ 3.20GHz
12 GB 1333 DDR3 RAM
2TB Western Digital HD, 500GB Western Digital HD (secondary drive)
NVIDA GeForce GTS 450

OS: Dual Boot- Windows 7 (64 bit) & Star Sapphire(64 bit)

Image** G-Man**
ninjawarrior

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Ultimate Edition 4.3 Add sound to Plymouth??

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun May 17, 2015 7:35 pm

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 4.3 Add sound to Plymouth??(Solved)

Postby ninjawarrior » Tue May 26, 2015 7:52 pm

First off, I used the information from this link: https://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/forum ... nd#p487270 . This solution does work, but Ultimate Edition 4.3 only has KDE and XMBC as desktop environments. So, in order to make use of this solution I added the Gnome desktop environment to Ultimate Edition 4.3. I used this option to add the Gnome desktop: http://itsfoss.com/how-to-install-gnome ... ntu-14-04/ From that point I was able to go to Applications>System Tools>Startup Applications and added "GNOME Login Sound" with the following description in the GUI:

Startup Applications Preferences_001.png

Name: GNOME Login Sound
Command: /usr/share/sounds/system-ready.ogg
Comment: Plays a sound whenever you log in

Edit Startup Program_002.png

You can use whatever sound file you wish but, I installed the one shown here in the following directory: /usr/share/sounds . I also had to modify the permissions of the file so that it would play (even though I had root access when I moved that file to that location, I still needed to change the files permissions). This is kind of a general description of how I did this, but it did work and I kind of like having the greeting. :)

"welcome,please identify yourself" greeting

system-ready.ogg [ 145.94 KiB | Viewed 10460 times ]

Dell Studio XPS 9100 Quad Multi Core
Intel Core I7 CPU @ 3.20GHz
12 GB 1333 DDR3 RAM
2TB Western Digital HD, 500GB Western Digital HD (secondary drive)
NVIDA GeForce GTS 450

OS: Dual Boot- Windows 7 (64 bit) & Star Sapphire(64 bit)

Image** G-Man**
ninjawarrior

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Ultimate Edition 4.3 Add Login Sound??(Solved)

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu May 28, 2015 1:50 am

I guess in retrospect my original directions for changing KDE sounds was rather vague but in my defense, this is one of the first things I learned to do and was very excited when I posted it. I even added this particular sound scheme to Diamond2BKDE.

Here is a more detailed way to change KDE Sound Settings, Specifically the Login Sound for Ultimate Edition, specifically on Ultimate Edition 4.3 64. I don't run Ultimate Edition too often so I wanted to do this while it still sat on my drive unmolested.

To verify, this is Ultimate Edition 4.3
sound.jpg

It's pretty stock, though I have removed a couple things, like yarssr that do not really work with KDE.
It is completely updated, upgraded, but still LTS Trusty

Go To System Settings
sound1.jpg

Go To Application and System Notifications
sound2.jpg

Go To Manage Notifications-->Event Source and click where it says Accessibility
sound3.jpg

Find KDE Workspace and click on it.
sound4.png

Go To Login
sound5.png

Check the box next to Play a Sound
sound6.png

Click on the File Icon to the right of the box that was just checked.
sound7.png

This will open directly to the sounds location, go to either of the Ultimate Edition Sound Scheme Folders
sound8.png

Choose a Sound File, maybe desktop-login or something, idk, go crazy (For the record, if I am making my own sounds I always use .ogg but Windows Sound will do)
sound9.png

Click Apply
sound10.png

and that's it!

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 4.3