Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 4.2.1

Feedback for Ultimate Edition 4.2

Ultimate Edition 4.2.1

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:49 pm

I have built 6 new O/S's using tmosb to add to the Ultimate Edition family 4.2.1 availaible on Sourceforge.

I am opening this thread for users to provide feedback.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 4.2.1

Postby abhishekvk » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:36 am

I want to download Ultimate Edition 4.2.1 x64 but cannot rely on SourceForge download due to unreliable internet and power supply in India. Is there a torrent file available to download 64-bit version? Could not find one on LTS's announcement page.

Abhishek
abhishekvk
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 64 BIT

Postby reservedintelligence » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:48 am

Can't connect to the internet

There's no network manager
reservedintelligence
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby JohnTN » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:21 pm

What a GROSS!!! disappointment this release is. I found no way to install it except as Apple Clone trash!

I hate the apple icon type screen. In my mind it's for 4 yr old's and brain dead users :(

I'm sure I'm probably unique in this regard? But where is MATE?

Thank goodness 4.2 Gamers x64 still works :)

John
JohnTN
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby reservedintelligence » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:47 am

Blackwolf wrote:
reservedintelligence wrote:Can't connect to the internet

There's no network manager

Welcome to the Ultimate Edition forums.

Our goal is to provide current news and timely assistance for you if required. To ensure a good outcome for any issue you may have, please post as much pertinent information as possible including which version of Ultimate Edition you are using , a detailed explanation of the problem, what hardware configuration are you running and what version of software you are trying to use. The following example illustrates what type of information you should supply:

Topic: Amarok 2.4 sound issues.

I am running Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 and recently upgraded from Amarok 1.4 to the newest version 2.4 . When I upgraded, Amarok exhibited choppy playback. I am running an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe mother board using the on-board sound ADI1988B chipset. I have not changed the default sound manager and all drivers are current.

As you can see, this post is informative enough that we can start checking for issues of compatibility with your sound chipset and Amarok. The better the information in the original post the less wasted time and better the answer we can give you. Please remember this is a voluntary community and we are helping for free. We understand the frustrations when things don't work as they should and we too get frustrated if we cannot find a solution, so please be respectful and remember the quality of the advice you receive is only as good as the question that is asked.

Topic: Internet Connectivity Issues

Network Manager, nm-applet (command line), is unavailable in this release unlike in Ultimate Edition 4.2 x64. I tried using wifi radar but it doesn't work either. Though prior experience (wifi radar) is inferior to nm-applet.
reservedintelligence
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby reservedintelligence » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Couldn't install because the internet connection is required
reservedintelligence
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Pierre » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:08 am

Heck Yeah - some LTS release(s) would be great.

but: on the http://ultimateedition.info/ site - in that list that's on the right,
- it's only UE3.4 that gets rated as a LTS version.

now, there are others - but from that list - you wouldn't know it.
- can that list be updated ??.

more power to TMOSB me thinks :!:
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Return to Ultimate Edition 4.2