Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Cannot open link in Firefox from Thunderbird

Feedback for Ultimate Edition 4.2

Cannot open link in Firefox from Thunderbird

Postby Aw Man » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:00 pm

RE: Ultimate Edition 4.2
Firefox 30.0
Thunderbird 24.6
= = =
Every time I click on a link in an email (Thunderbird) Firefox start/open but the Ultimate Edition homepage appears ... not the link I clicked on. :shock: :oops: Right now, I have to copy the link in the email and paste it in Firefox.
Aw Man
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Cannot open link in Firefox from Thunderbird

Postby Dan Black » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:35 am

Hi
Had exactly the same experience too and managed to resolve.

Lots and lots of 'Thunderbird' related browser searches led me to the following, but please note before changing any 'values' to make a note of what they were beforehand!

In Thunderbird, from 'Preferences' Menu, go to 'Advanced' tab and then under Advanced Configuration, go to 'Config Editor' (button).

After the disclaimer (confirm to proceed) a window will appear. Enter into the search box the following:

Code: Select all
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.

Unfortunately, I can not remember which specific value (bold) I had to change, but successfully resolved the issue.
These are the results in my version allowing to open links in the browser direct from Thunderbird emails.
Are yours the same?

Code: Select all
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.file  default boolean false
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.ftp  default boolean false
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.http user set boolean true
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.https user set boolean true

What I can remember is once I changed a value (Right Mouse Click - Toggle), I closed down Thunderbird and re-opened. Probably not really necessary, but links opened direct from emails in the browser successfully! Also, I didn't have to 'log-out' and 'in' to a new session for this to work.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Sony VGN-NR32L:
Pentium Dual-Core T2390
Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Memory 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
HDD 200GB
Ext HDD: 3x2TB
Ext HDD: 1x200GB
Dan Black
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Aw Man » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:48 pm

;) Ok .. thanks for the reply. However, I have since my posting on this issue, I have removed UE4.2. I realize that this is a relatively new OS and it will have bugs. I am still trying to find a Linuz distro that I will be comfortable with and has few, if any, bugs. And, is compatible with my computer and hardware. Again, thanks.
Aw Man
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Dan Black » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:06 am

As mentioned before, I managed to resolve a problem which was Thunderbird related. I've been using Ultimate Edition 3.4 for around a year on a Sony Laptop and have encountered only a small variety of issues, mainly with applications. More interestingly, the same issue with Thunderbird happened with Ubuntu 12.10! After uninstalling Ubuntu and encountering very same problem with Ultimate Edition 3.4, I realised I needn't have bothered.
Sony VGN-NR32L:
Pentium Dual-Core T2390
Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Memory 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
HDD 200GB
Ext HDD: 3x2TB
Ext HDD: 1x200GB
Dan Black
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Return to Ultimate Edition 4.2