Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 4.2 Beta!

Feedback for Ultimate Edition 4.2

Re: Ultimate Edition 4.2 Beta!

Postby tony950 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:27 pm

i posted a pic of where it hung . inside of vmware i just chose to restart the guest . it restarted and booted up just fine . thats as far as i got . i will put the .iso onto a usb stick later in the week when im done with school for the week and attempt to install it natively . thanks thee
tony950
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby tony950 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:24 pm

well today i put the 4.2 iso onto a usb stick and installed to a ssd with 0 problums . installer did what it was supposed to do . once the install to the ssd was complete , restarted the machine with 0 errors . downloaded ati's latest beta driver for the r7 240 vid card im using . it installed fine . other than that the OS works great . my machine is a lenovo h520 . i3 3240, 6 gig ram , ati R7 240 vid card with 2gig vram, and a 240gig crucial m500 ssd for the system drive . and few other internal 1tb drives for data, games, movies etc . thanks Thee for the updated distro . works great man and keep up the good work :)
tony950
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Bobd-Linux-noobie » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:25 pm

I got the version from copy and it is up and running. But i can not get Pale moon for linux to run. I think it may have to do with kernal change.

So far awesome as usual, great work guys.
System Details:
CPU: AMD Athlon(TheeMahn) II X2 245 Processor
Motherboard: Biostar A780L3G
Chipset: AMD 760G / SB710
Lan: Realtek RTL8111DL - 10/100/1000 Controller
Audio: Realtek ALC662 6-Channel HD Audio
Memory: DDR3 4GB
Bobd-Linux-noobie
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby Boogaloo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Ok new guy here without a whole lot of linux experience so firgive me if I don't quite have the lingo down, but here are my observations:

Machine(s)

#1: Intel DX58SO mobo, ATI EAH-3870 video card, 4 gigs ram, 2 SATAII hard drives Viewsonic 24" LCD via DVI.

I tried 2 different downloads, from 2 different machines, burned on the slowest speed I can burn and cannot get the installer to work when booted from the CD. No matter what I do, I have to boot to the live CD (Try Ultimate Edition option) , and then install from there. If I try to install from the CD directly, it hangs right after the step where I tell it which partition to install to.

Once I got it installed from the live-cd workspace, it seemed like it was happy right up until the computer went to sleep for the first time. Once that happened, I lost sound, and the ability to log out, log in. Nothing (not even a reboot) would bring the sound back, and from there things just got worse. Display issues, log in issues and myriad other weird issues had me running back to 3.9, which I also have installed on this machine, and in fact am posting this from now.

In fact, I have 3.9 installed on 3 machines now, and all 3 of them seem to work pretty much flawlessly. None of them are hampered by the sleep induced sound failure, or really any other issue that I can think of right now.

Perhaps I have 2 different failed downloads, but I find that a little hard to swallow since I downloaded each at different times from different systems, and burned them on different machines as well.

None the less, I really like 3.9 but found navigating around in 4.2 a little difficult.

As a side note, my other machine which has a newer Asus mobo, better drives, newer faster ram and an nVidia video card, was totally borked by the installer last night, and I basically had to scrub it and will start from scratch back on 3.9 with it once I get home tonight.
Asus Sabertooth X58 Mobo, Realtek ALC892 Integrated Audio
Intel Core-i7 X980
12 GB Memory via (3) 1333 Mhz DIMMS
nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPU.
3 Hard Drives
Boogaloo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Acaster » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:45 am

Installed on two machines and getting the same problems on both. The other machine is a FS6100 on an Asrock970D3 board 12 Gb Ram Radeon 5450

Compiz doesn't work System > Preferences > Compiz Config whatever does nothing
Fusion icon reports segmentation fault
Cannot get electricsheep screensaver installed
Shutting down or rebooting only get me the log in screen. Have to hit the switch to move on

Those in the know tell me compiz is going the way of the dinosaur and the first three are just preferences but I would like to be able to do something about the last.
Change ain't what it used to be

Ultimate Edition 3.0, 3.5, 3.5.1, 3.6, 3.8, 3.9, 4.2b & bgl
i5-760 @ 2.8 GHz cpu
MSI MS 7613 MainBoard
16 GigaBytes RAM
Hitachi 1 TB & Western Digitial 1 TB HDs
Radeon HD 5570
Acaster
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:43 am

Try from terminal

Code: Select all
sudo reboot

sudo poweroff

There are going to be repo issues, as in there will be a conflict using apt-get to apply towards that which would be on the Ubuntu servers..sooo, need to add repos and hope for the best. The problem is dependencies, we can get sources...

For Electric Sheep

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:flam3/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install electricsheep

Compiz...welllll
so last I checked 14.04 was doing something here, like dropping the piz and going with GTK.
http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/co ... sed/compiz

Compiz is still possible, however, I am waiting on official release before I start on this. I have no clue what Thee has in the works however so it may be possible to set up on here.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:21 pm

tony950 wrote:well today i put the 4.2 iso onto a usb stick and installed to a ssd with 0 problums . installer did what it was supposed to do . once the install to the ssd was complete , restarted the machine with 0 errors . downloaded ati's latest beta driver for the r7 240 vid card im using . it installed fine . other than that the OS works great . my machine is a lenovo h520 . i3 3240, 6 gig ram , ati R7 240 vid card with 2gig vram, and a 240gig crucial m500 ssd for the system drive . and few other internal 1tb drives for data, games, movies etc . thanks Thee for the updated distro . works great man and keep up the good work :)

Thanks for taking the time to install it natively. VM's are nice to test things, however running live is truly the only way to test the OS.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:34 pm

Boogaloo wrote:Ok new guy here without a whole lot of linux experience so firgive me if I don't quite have the lingo down, but here are my observations:

Machine(s)

#1: Intel DX58SO mobo, ATI EAH-3870 video card, 4 gigs ram, 2 SATAII hard drives Viewsonic 24" LCD via DVI.

I tried 2 different downloads, from 2 different machines, burned on the slowest speed I can burn and cannot get the installer to work when booted from the CD. No matter what I do, I have to boot to the live CD (Try Ultimate Edition option) , and then install from there. If I try to install from the CD directly, it hangs right after the step where I tell it which partition to install to.

Once I got it installed from the live-cd workspace, it seemed like it was happy right up until the computer went to sleep for the first time. Once that happened, I lost sound, and the ability to log out, log in. Nothing (not even a reboot) would bring the sound back, and from there things just got worse. Display issues, log in issues and myriad other weird issues had me running back to 3.9, which I also have installed on this machine, and in fact am posting this from now.

In fact, I have 3.9 installed on 3 machines now, and all 3 of them seem to work pretty much flawlessly. None of them are hampered by the sleep induced sound failure, or really any other issue that I can think of right now.

Perhaps I have 2 different failed downloads, but I find that a little hard to swallow since I downloaded each at different times from different systems, and burned them on different machines as well.

None the less, I really like 3.9 but found navigating around in 4.2 a little difficult.

As a side note, my other machine which has a newer Asus mobo, better drives, newer faster ram and an nVidia video card, was totally borked by the installer last night, and I basically had to scrub it and will start from scratch back on 3.9 with it once I get home tonight.

Due to the latest kernel in 4.3 sound now defaults to go through HDMI (which I do not like). Everytime I install I have to "blacklist" snd hda-intel before my sound works as I want it to.

I am glad Ultimate Edition 3.9 works well for you as I too have experienced on any machine I have installed it to. The changes they have made since raring are fairly massive, seems to me either everything pretty much works and works well or next to nothing works. I do want people to bare in mind what I have released is NOT a final product & not even close to one. Thursday, after I got off work I did some programming on repostorm and have crushed 1000's upon 1000's of additional errors & warnings from Mate 1.8 desktop, the prepare switch in repostorm also now works flawlessly. I did start writing the publish switch and truly have my hands full. The Mate 1.8 desktop environment is quickly aproaching prefection. I am hoping to have a nearly error proof system in motion shortly there after the final release of Trusty.

Once I have the repository near "Error proof", I will upload it to the new repository for all to enjoy.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Rustygh » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:31 am

I just clicked on your Copy beta public link and found nothing there. I read where others went there and downloaded the beta. I don't really understand why I don't see anything there. HELP!!!! (please)
Main machine:
HP p6813w
Processor: AMD Athlon II 645 Quad Core @ 3.1GHz w/6GB DDR3 10600
Drives: (1) 1TB and 250GB Seagate HDDs (2) 2 32GB SSDs (3) 1TB Toshiba USB 3.0/2.0 portable
Added Syba USB 3.0 4 port expansion card and Kworld UB445-U2 ATSC Hybrid TV and FM tuner
Graphics: Saphire HD 5450 w/2GB GDDR3
Monitor: Samsung Sync-Master SA-300 24-inch, Vizio E24-1 Monitor/TV combo
Secondary Machine:
Home Build
Processor: AMD FX 4350 unlocked Quad core @ 4.3 Ghz w/16 GB DDR 3 10600
Drives: Mushkin SSD 120GB, Seagate USB 3,0 2TB and 1TB, Toshiba USB 3 1TB,WD 5000 SATA 500 GB, WD 2500 SATA 250GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA 78 LMT USB3 Graphics: Saphire HD5450
OS: Ultimate Edition 6.5, Windows 7: Dual Boot Monitors KVM shared
Rustygh
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby munga » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:07 am

Have installed the beta on an hp Envy m4, 8 gig RAM, 64GiB / and 178GiB /Home partitions on a 1TB HDD. I also have Kubuntu 14.04 Beta on the same machine as I am a KDE fan. So far, so good, lacked language Support in control center, but installed it from synaptic and it appeared in center automatically.

Continuing to test, cannot install kde-desktop though, apt complaining of libwayland-egl1 dependancy problems. so will wait for 4.3.

The power button does not restart, or shutdown the desktop, but only logs you off, I have to manually press the computer power on/off button to get the shutdown/ restart dialogue prompt.

Thank you for the nice work

:D
Ultimate Edition 4.2
Kubuntu 14.04
Windows 8.1
8 Gig RAM
1TB HDD Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz HP Envy m 4
1 TB External Drive
2TB external Drive
munga
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie