Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 4.3 Forum?

Feedback for Ultimate Edition 4.2

Ultimate Edition 4.3 Forum?

Postby Zermelo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:42 am

I know the forums have been down for a few days. But I also noticed that the 4.3 Forum is gone. Was there some kind of roll-back? Will the 4.3 forum be restored. If there is a topic on this forgive me.

Thanks.
Zermelo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Ultimate Edition 4.3?

Postby Lynwood » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:27 pm

I downloaded 4.3, burned it to a DVD, and verified its MD5Sum, but it bombed at 97% of burning, twice. So, I'm wondering if you have an SHASum for it or something that can assure me that the iso I have will burn. I'm using K3b in Kubuntu 10.10/Plasma4, not that that should matter, and my machine has more than enough power; it's not stressed in the slightest.

And, while I'm asking, does this version have all three DEs advertised (KDE, Gnome, XFCE) in it, allowing one to log out of one and into another?

Regards,
Ray
Lynwood
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition KDE4

Re: Ultimate Edition 4.3 Forum?

Postby Lynwood » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:54 pm

Xxjoker21xX wrote:The original 4.3 doesn't have the aditional de's i beleave the one i downloaded didn't but i can make you one ...... <BREW> :D :downthere

Really?! That's what attracted me to Ultimate Edition in the first place. If so, how well integrated are they? I've read that they're maddenly complicated to integrate, with things getting broken on both sides when that's attempted. For a very long time, SuSe had many DEs integrated so one could just log out of one and into another. I thought that that would be the perfect way to test the various DEs, but SuSe was the only one that did that. Since then, I saw the Ultimate Edition did it for a while but stopped. And I thought I'd read that the reason was, again, because of the difficulty in their integration and for virtually no one's interest; not worth the effort.

Also, can Ultimate Edition really be upgraded with a single click, as Ubuntu can, or are you referring to updating its Ultimate Edition components/software?
Lynwood
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby billhedrick » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:26 pm

I added MATE and XFCE, easily done and completely accesible and integrated. I use MATE 100% of the time
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Lynwood » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:14 pm

I've been using Mate on Mint for a couple of years but on an old, low powered computer by today's standards. Now that I've bought a far higher-powered computer (I have 32GB of ram and an i7-4790 processor), I don't have to be so miserly. It's KDE, Gnome 3.x with an appropriate configurability or decent design, Cinnamon, and Unity that I want. And I like the idea of being able to switch between DEs and using their apps within a distro.

The one thing I really like about Mate is that graph of where my location is in the world re. day/night over the calendar. Sure wish I could add that to the other DEs.
Lynwood
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Driver » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:02 am

Lynwood wrote:32GB of ram

Why, lol?

Regards,
Driver "Driving you over the edge..."

Laptop: HP dv6226 - T2250 1.7gHz Pentium Dual-Core, 1gig, Intel (non-)graphics, Mint 14 Xfce 32-bit, MS Windows Vista Premium DOA
Desktop: Old AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.792gHz, 1.256gig, nVidia 5200fx 128meg, a new used hard drive awaiting an OS
Camera: Nikon Coolpix 3200 (MIA)
Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier: Epson Artisan 810 (Awesome & works in linux!)
Phone: Defy XT Android no-contract $19/mo. unlimited talk/text/data (thanks, Republic Wireless!)
Scanner: Radio Shack PRO-2042 made by GRE (STOLEN - thief, I've got a bullet with your name on it)
Driver
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Lynwood » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Because I want to run a number of programs simultaneously in my main OS and one or more, possibly as many as three or four, OSs in VMs all at the same time, and I don't want to run out of ram, even for cache; I don't want any cache running in the swap file.
Lynwood
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Lynwood » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:17 am

Xxjoker21xX wrote:The original 4.3 doesn't have the aditional de's i beleave the one i downloaded didn't but i can make you one ...... <BREW> :D :downthere

Really? I'd love that, a 4.3 iso with KDE, Cinnamon, Unity, Gnome that is SHA-verifyable. I'd sure appreciate that. Thanks.
Oh, how would I get it?
Lynwood
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby billhedrick » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Just added Enlightenment. I don't care for the file manager but it's OK.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby si_yo_neo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:12 pm

Xxjoker21xX wrote:check this Out Ultimate Edition 4.4x64 multi de gnome kde +3 on my server os-loaded.com top link Enjoy...... Im running it rite now... :D <BREW> :D <BREW> :downthere I am uploading a 4.3 version aswell :arrow: :D

This is just A W E S O M E , thank's for let us try this .
si_yo_neo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 4.2