Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

where can i get the gamers edition

Help & Support for Ultimate Gamers Edition.

Re: where can i get the gamers edition

Postby LeadFingers » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:51 pm

in2media wrote:not tried safe mode as i have to swap hard drives as my grahic card on other pc is dead
but system spec on this pc (that ive installed second hard drive with u.u) AS FOLLOWS
AMD SEMPRON 1.8
1.5 GIG RAM
20 GIG HARD DRIVE
RADEON 9250 graphic card

This may or may not be an issue...
According to the Ati site, your Radeon 9250 is Not supported under the latest driver.
You will have to use the proprietary driver from Ati.
For more info read 7 Which ATI driver do I use.
The last line has a link for Archived Drivers

ps: as for the install... At the initial bootscreen, F6 / Spacebar / type in nosplash noacpi / enter
See if this helps.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby madsumberohat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:04 am

ok fellas
i have decided enough is enough
im going to try linux
so im a total noob
anyways i was wondering where can i get 1.7 with kde as i have been told kde is more "windows" like and thought might ease me in so to speak

so vinca if your out there please help
show me the torrent way to linux happness

oh btw stay tuned fellas ill be calling on your help as im going all in building a htpc using what looks to be the awesome Ultimate 1.7 and whacking linux mce on the top so be needing help im sure. :lol:
let me know if im going down wrong track using ultimate or if ild be better off with another distro?
"your my new Linux guru until your killed or i find someone better Ooo'RAR"
madsumberohat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:33 am

madsumberohat wrote:ok fellas
im going to try linux
so im a total noob
anyways i was wondering where can i get 1.7 with kde as i have been told kde is more "windows" like and thought might ease me in so to speak

oh btw stay tuned fellas ill be calling on your help as im going all in building a htpc using what looks to be the awesome Ultimate 1.7 and whacking linux mce on the top so be needing help im sure. :lol:
let me know if im going down wrong track using ultimate or if ild be better off with another distro?

The only thing "Windows" - like is the gui. How it works and operates is not even close. exept for the sliding memus. Building the Ultimate Edition LMCE might be a serious challange for you. I don't even know if you can gett all LMCE stuff to add to Ultimate Edition KDE version. You might just install mythtv and themes and call it good. If you need help at that point, I will be glad to help you out. Even though I'm a GNOME man myself.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby madsumberohat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:11 pm

thanks daddyx3
yeah i know poor choice of words sorry hope didn't offend Linux people out there :cry:
yeah i noticed you said might not be about to add most stuff with the kde version would that be the same with gnome as well in all the stuff i seen about Linux mce they use version of Kubuntu any really difference than Ultimate Edition?
madsumberohat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby vinca » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:42 pm

madsumberohat wrote:ok fellas
im going to try linux
so im a total noob

Welcome to the world of linux and ultimate edition!!

1.7 is great for an htpc... myth tv preinstalled, other multimedia apps... might want to wait until 1.8, comming out in a few days... or if you have trouble with hardware recognition, use mythbuntu, fully centered around media purposes. here is the download link for the combined gnome and kde version of 1.7, because you can't get ultimate without gnome.

Torrents (reccomended)
http://exo.enarel.eu/mirror/ultimate-ed ... .7.torrent (direct)
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 1f684ecbe3 (linux tracker)

Mirrors (second priority, equally as fast, not for dial-up users)
http://home.paulschou.com/pub/ultimate/
http://exo.enarel.eu/mirror/ultimate-ed ... on-1.7.iso

good luck, be sure to click the upgrade icon first thing!! after you install.
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby madsumberohat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:17 pm

thanks heaps vinca :)
your my guru so far :lol:
so judging by thats u think better to use the inbuilt functions of Ultimate Edition and not put linux mce over the top?
does it still have the same functions where u can use a gyro mouse such as the logitech mx air and the 3 button interface to navigate etc ? or will i need to use those mce remote :(
reason been i liked it cause i found that rather appealing and looked really easy to use :D

don't really care about the home automation stuff in linux mce as i rent for now but i did like the "over the top of media" and obstructiveness of the Gui.
this allowing me to watch or view my media with out it being stuck in the corner postage stamp size and th GUI taking up the whole screen aka windows mce.
also i loved the whole moving about like a wii remote sort of thing i really liked :lol: using the gyro remotes on mice etc
madsumberohat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby vinca » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:06 am

madsumberohat wrote:thanks heaps vinca :)
your my guru so far :lol:
so judging by thats u think better to use the inbuilt functions of Ultimate Edition and not put linux mce over the top?
does it still have the same functions where u can use a gyro mouse such as the logitech mx air and the 3 button interface to navigate etc ? or will i need to use those mce remote :(
reason been i liked it cause i found that rather appealing and looked really easy to use :D

don't really care about the home automation stuff in linux mce as i rent for now but i did like the "over the top of media" and obstructiveness of the Gui.
this allowing me to watch or view my media with out it being stuck in the corner postage stamp size and th GUI taking up the whole screen aka windows mce.
also i loved the whole moving about like a wii remote sort of thing i really liked :lol: using the gyro remotes on mice etc

I can't figure out what is icluded in the add-on... if you like the feel of it, go ahead, it seems that the core of ultimate edition and all of its apps will still be there, never seen that before, might try that out sometime. ;)
the mouse issues shouldnt be a problem, there's always configuration apps out there, i've seen a couple other ultimate edition users have their mice/keyboards in full order out of the box, but others needed tweaking. I'm not an expert on this, but mebbe daddyx3 or leadfingers could help you on this if they don't work right away. otherwise, always your choice, have linux how you like it, that's the whole point ;)
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby madsumberohat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:17 am

sweet yeah i got a movie file its about 109mb so fairly large thats like 25 minutes long and shows this guy using linux mce if interest i can email post or find a link for it if you want to look at it ?
madsumberohat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DaddyX3 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:43 am

I can verify that the gyration mouse (3-button you speak of) works great right outta the box, I have one. However not all buttons (actually more than 3 on there 6-total) do anything. I have an HTPC setup that I use with Ultimate Edition. It is utilizing Mythtv for the MC portion. As far as loading Linux MCE "on top" of Ultimate Edition KDE desktop .... there is no such thing that I know of. Linux MCE is a distrobution and has with it the whole Kubuntu distro included with it. It installs itself to your hard drive and there's nothing else to do. I will give you the heads up though. If you've been watching youtube demo of LinuxMCE vs MicroSoft MCE you should know that there was a lot of money poored into that guys system and hours and hours configuration with lirc. It is by the way also a "wired network" setup that he is using and this turned me off to the whole thing, cause I only have wireless router capabilities in my home (40 year old house didn't come with eithernet ports in every room;). I have a copy of Linux MCE 704 and the beta 710 sitting at home right now collecting dust for the time being.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby madsumberohat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:10 pm

ahh i see :)
thats fine see im so used to having to add on stuff as a windows old man :P
didnt realise came with os thought still needed like a distro on system and install linux mce after my mistake
thanks for the heads up

sounds like linux mce has poor wireless support by the sounds of it which turns me off wouldnt might keeping it wireless anyways easier to manage etc

good to know the mx will work im assuming the 3 button interface works on mythtv also

also wasnt the linux vs wondows one i saw that but didnt like it as VERY one sided didnt think was fair on windows mce the one im talking about it off the http://www.linuxmce.org/ website is 24 minutes long so be aware :)

is based on mythtv so i guess does all the same thing can myth tv do same interface? like just at bottom and top in linux or does mythtv also have to take up the whole screen like windows mce ?
madsumberohat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Gamers Edition