Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Question about system requirements

Help & Support for Ultimate Gamers Edition.

Question about system requirements

Postby claymor » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:36 pm

I ran Gamers Edition 3.0 from live cd to see how things work before I install. I loaded Alien Arena and Redeclipse to see if they would run ok. Mouse actions are very erratic and video is very slow and jumpy. I was wondering if this was due to running from a live cd or do I need to invest in a good graphics card.
System:
Phenom X3 8650 2.3 Ghz
4GB PC2-6400 Ram
Nforce 6150SE onboard video ( I think it uses up to 256mb of system memory )
claymor
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Re: Question about system requirements

Postby pclinuxguru » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:08 pm

6150 SE did hit its EOL (end of life) years back.

Long since discontinued and left to die in the sands of time.

nearly none supported in maverick and natty based distro's. Can it be done Yes 9 times out of ten a downgrade on kernel is required in order to install the 96 driver.

LTS based distro is your prime choice for your system. For your GPU , you will want to activate nvidia 96 drivers. I have in point of fact installed linux on systems with your GPU about 230 times now or more lol. Very common to see on 4 to 6 year old builds.

That said in live you were trying to run on default kernel drivers rather then nvidia drivers. Thats why quality also sucked.

Edit : from what I read your GPU don't even meet the minimal requirements to run the game on lowest of settings.

http://alienarena.co.uk/

Right and cheap course of action is to look and see if your board has a AGP or PCI-E expansion slot and pickup a new GPU.

The right direction also is to start looking for a viable system replacement , preferably before it just out right dies.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Re: Question about system requirements

Postby claymor » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:53 am

Thanks so much for the quick response to my question. My mobo is in fact 4 years old (asus m2n68-la narra 3). It does however have pci-e slots. I kind of figured it was a gpu issue. I'll throw in a 1 Gig graphics card and all should be well. Really do not want to ditch the board just yet as I just upgraded the ram and cpu. Thanks again.
claymor
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Gamers Edition