Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.0 Gamers

Help & Support for Ultimate Gamers Edition.

Re: Is the ISO file data correct?

Postby Meister » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:33 pm

LordDan wrote:Greetings.
I downloaded Ultimate Edition 3.0 Gamers and the md5sum checking was correct. However, the iso file size is about 3.8 GB (Ultimate Edition site says it is 4.2 GB).
Are these information correct (md5sum and file size) ?
Great work! Thank you.

The file size is (4,207,253,504 bytes) if md5sum is good should be correct
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Gamers

Postby pclinuxguru » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:45 pm

ya know, I was looking at gamers RC lol

My bad , 4.2 GB I show now yes.

Forgot thee added wine and a few odds and ends.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby hemant_mrm » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:16 am

Hi all :)
I have downloaded Ultimate Edition 3.0 Gamers and checked it's checksum n found correct, but when i boot the dvd i get "ubuntu@ubuntu:~$" command prompt.
I tried startx command but it didn't work, i tried $ sudo update-alternatives --config x-session-manager
and tried all three options with startx but they didn't work, startx command in openbox session manager brought a Gray screen with mouse pointer but nothing else. Please help me how to get graphical desktop ? :(
hemant_mrm
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Meister » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:03 am

hemant_mrm wrote:Hi all :)
I have downloaded Ultimate Edition 3.0 Gamers and checked it's checksum n found correct, but when i boot the dvd i get "ubuntu@ubuntu:~$" command prompt.
I tried startx command but it didn't work, i tried $ sudo update-alternatives --config x-session-manager
and tried all three options with startx but they didn't work, startx command in openbox session manager brought a Gray screen with mouse pointer but nothing else. Please help me how to get graphical desktop ? :(

This command should help

Code: Select all
sudo lxdm
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby hemant_mrm » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:00 am

Meister wrote:
hemant_mrm wrote:Hi all :)

This command should help

Code: Select all
sudo lxdm

Hahahaha Thanks a lot Meister :D <BREW> it worked flawlessly.
sudo lxdm :D

i am posting it from live Ultimate Edition gamers 3.0 :D
hemant_mrm
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Gamers - Live boot hangup workaroun

Postby Flymo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:20 am

Greetings!
And thanks for a mighty effort... took a while to download, but well worth it.

We too had a problem (and a workaround) with starting in Live mode...

The problem manifested itself after booting into the (carefully checked) Live DVD, and clicking through the first page to select 'English' then the live boot. This inevitably ended up with a logged-in shell (the Ctrl-Alt-F1 shell) that could not 'startx' succesfully. Had not read the above posts then - so.....

After another reboot I tried just letting the first page time out. Didn't click through.
It then defautled to a Lubuntu installation screen - I clicked on 'Try Lubuntu' and after some activity, here we are in Ultimate Edition 3.0 Gamers! :D

So there would seem to be something on the Live boot that disagrees with our Acer 5684 laptop (Intel T5600, nVidia GeForce Go 7600 graphics, 2GB DDR2 RAM). Thought someone would like to know.

NO worries from our viewpoint, just going to try to find a bit of space on the HD for another partition.....
Flymo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:39 am

There are a couple that have witnessed the same issue I would love to know exactly what it is that makes your hardware so much different or in the same sense the same ;)

The below is me blowing off steam:
Shuffled Ultimate Edition 2.6.3 to sourceforge today (forum exclusive currently). I call it flawless, I know people like the new technology. I prefer stable, funny I am running Ultimate Edition 3.0, but I have a job to do. I have found myself neglecting our forums in pursuit of the next greatest thing & helping the people.

This is what grabs my goat, I do what the people want. I can assure you my God given talents are being wasted. Distros is not my talent (many may argue), it @ least at one time was programming - 30 years of it. I have software in works that will revolutionize the planet, yet I fumble trying to reverse engineer / fix their problems. A pretty heavy statement in itself.

People may "think" that I am talking bull. This will effect all *nix based O/S's, not Ultimate Edition exclusive. Love it on the burner, waiting for Ultimate Edition 3.0 and 3.1. I have a boatload on me sorry I snapped.

Should not call it flawless, when you install it the splashes will say Ultimate Edition 2.6.1 I did not have time to re-write ubiquity, Ultimate Edition 3.0 should be my job right? What happened to 2.6.2? Meister will explain that to you tomorrow or Friday. Oops, that will be today. Days and nights are blurred the same.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby billhedrick » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:43 am

Happy Thursday! I found 2.6.1 to be real solid, and have only a couple quibbles, probably stuff I did, with 2.6.3. I would gladly hand it to anyone as a solid solid distro.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby RobNJ » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Thee.. ya sold me!
Downloaded 2.6.3 this AM, installed it and it looks good! Used the 32bit version, because one of my main occupiers of too much time on the net, REFUSES to work properly with 64.

Keep up the good work!!
RobNJ
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby MetalestJames27 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:28 pm

I installed it in place of 2.8 and it works great, pretty fast, noticed it didn't come with Ultramatix and used LXDE, it works pretty fast. Are you gonna add some of the bells and whistles to it like previous versions like PlayOnLinux, HTOP, G-Mount and all the previous themes and things. I like how the installation is a lot easier, seems quicker too, congrats dudes
MetalestJames27
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Gamers Edition