Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Help & Support for Ultimate Gamers Edition.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Postby billhedrick » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:57 am

I am starting to play the demo for this game, and am really pleased by it. First, it is an easy install in Ultimate Edition, secondly it is scarey as all get out.

Here is a link to the game company http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/

The demo is of course free, the full game is not. The system requirements for it are surprisingly low for a modern game

Basic install, download the .sh file, run the terminal from the file location - if you right click on the folder you downloaded it in, you will get a list of scripts you can run, use the "run Terminal here"
In Terminal type in "sh <filename>" and watch it install.
The one issue I had was when I tried to install it on my second drive, it didn't like that, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it in my home folder and it works well.

Game play is best in a darkened room with headphones. Enjoy!
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Postby onosendai58 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:43 pm

billhedrick wrote:I am starting to play the demo for this game, and am really pleased by it. First, it is an easy install in Ultimate Edition, secondly it is scarey as all get out.

Here is a link to the game company http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/

The demo is of course free, the full game is not. The system requirements for it are surprisingly low for a modern game

Basic install, download the .sh file, run the terminal from the file location - if you right click on the folder you downloaded it in, you will get a list of scripts you can run, use the "run Terminal here"
In Terminal type in "sh <filename>" and watch it install.
The one issue I had was when I tried to install it on my second drive, it didn't like that, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it in my home folder and it works well.

Game play is best in a darkened room with headphones. Enjoy!

Agreed, wicked-awesome game! :mrgreen:
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Return to Ultimate Gamers Edition