Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

two problems

Help & Support for Ultimate Gamers Edition.

two problems

Postby Dragynbane » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:52 am

1, whenever I update, some release.gpg downloads fail, and I've traced the problem to the resolv.conf file, and changing it to an address each time worked so far, but I've lost the address i'd been changing it to, and I'd like a more permanent solution, here's what is says before any changes just after connecting to the internet:

Code: Select all
# Generated by NetworkManager
domain Belkin
search Belkin
nameserver 192.168.2.1

2, In the ultimate edition gamers, I'm trying to update what I can with problem 1, and I'm hitting a brick wall, here's what the problem is, I get the following:

"Requires installation of untrusted packages
the action would require the installation of packages from not authenticated sources.

Details: assaultcube assaultcube-data enemy-territory enemy-territory-data gbrainy hedgewars hedgewars-data scorched3d scorched3d-data urban-terror-extra-maps warzone2100 warzone2100-data warzone2100-music"

can I get help here?
My PC:

GPU: Intel Integrated
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core @ 2GHZ
Moniter: Generic PnP Moniter (it's a Laptop.)
Hard Drive space: 220.9 GB
RAM: 2.9 GB
Dragynbane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Re: two problems

Postby Dragynbane » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:50 pm

part 2 was fixed by using Ubuntu Tweak. just need a more permanent solution to 1 than editing the resolv.conf file (which I found the original file I was using as a reference for it.)
My PC:

GPU: Intel Integrated
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core @ 2GHZ
Moniter: Generic PnP Moniter (it's a Laptop.)
Hard Drive space: 220.9 GB
RAM: 2.9 GB
Dragynbane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Re: two problems

Postby TexasMike » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Dragynbane,
It appears you are having Network configuration problems. If you are using DHCP this can sometimes happen for various reasons. Setting the Network configuration Manually usually cures this sort of problem. See my two screenshots below for an example of a Manual (Static) Network config:
NOTE: I use a Linksys Router and my IP range is 192.168.1.xxx while your Router appears to be a Belkin, which uses the IP range 192.168.2.xxx. Be sure to use the correct address range for your router.

Screenshot.png
Example of a Static Network configuration using a Linlksys Router...

Screenshot-1.png
Configuring the Network "Manually" instead of using DHCP...

If you Right-click on the Network Icon on the upper task bar on the right side, and then select Edit Connections, then open the item Auto eth0, highlight and copy the MAC address to the clipboard, then Un-check the Available to all users item at the bottom of the dialog box and click Apply.
Next click Add button and Paste the MAC address into the Device MAC address field, then click on the IPv4 Settings tab, then click on the down arrow in the Method: item and select Manual, then click on the Add button and fill in the appropriate information for your router: I would suggest something similar to this: Address 192.168.2.101 Netmask 255.255.255.0 Gateway 192.168.2.1 .
Then add your Primary and Secondary DNS server IP addresses in the DNS servers field, separated by a comma, make sure the item Available to all users is checked and click on the Apply button.
This will give your PC a "Static" IP address from your Router, and should eliminate the need to constantly "configure" you network connection.
If you need further assistance or if this does not resolve you problem, post back with your symptoms, and please include some information about the system you are working with - this sometimes helps us to give you more specific information for your system and hardware when trying to resolve problems. See my Signature at the end of this message for an example of the information that should be included.
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ