Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

2.8 gamers doesnt install correctly

Help & Support for Ultimate Gamers Edition.

2.8 gamers doesnt install correctly

Postby kevil99 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Help PLZ after install i do the updates then im prompted to reboot to complete the updates. I reboot and i get the ubuntu 10.10 screen then it goes to an all text screen asking for my login and pass i enter those and i get a $ symbol. where is the GUI and why cant i get to my desktop?????

Ive ran every Ultimate since 2.3. so im not a unsatisfied newb here :)
kevil99
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: 2.8 gamers doesnt install correctly

Postby extremejosh » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Well did this problem happen after you installed proprietary drivers? have you tried some simple commands like start gdm or anything ? im pretty sure you got this problem from installing the drivers and for me but probably not you i guess i had some sort of memory issue and by putting in the grub before startup vmalloc=192M i was able to fix this i had this problem with earlier editions also. what is your graphics card?
extremejosh
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: 2.8 gamers doesnt install correctly

Postby kevil99 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:21 pm

I"m currently reinstalling the OS 2.8 gamers. I just completed a HDD wipe with my UBCD. It may have not been needed for this issue but i do perform this from time to time in between installs. Based on my past history I'm going to assume it is the Nvidia driver although i haven't seen this problem in a long time. Usually i just complete an installation,then do all of the updates,then check again to see if anymore updates are needed then install the nvidia driver. So it seems that after i do this install I'm gonna do all the updates then ????PUT OFF INSTALLING THE NVIDIA DRIVER??? I don't wanna not install a nvidia driver :(

Heres my current build and YES the two cards have ran fine with no negative reports on 2.8 U.E.64

Ultra Aluminus Full tower case
EVGA nForce 780i SLI
EVGA GTX 470 SC w Backplate
EVGA 9800GTX Dedicated PhysX GPU
CORE2QUAD 9550 OCd to 3.4
OCZ Vendetta2 CPU Cooler
Patriot Extreme Enhanced Latency PC2-8500 1066
5 5 5 15 @ 4G
2x WD Caviar Se SATA 160g
Real Power Pro 1000w Cooler Master PSU
kevil99
U.E. Newbie