Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Download: Ultimate Edition 2.6 Gamers

Help & Support for Ultimate Gamers Edition.

Re: Download: Ultimate Edition 2.6 Gamers

Postby sully560 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:54 pm

love the work you guys did on this os but im having problems with nvidia drivers installing on the 64 bit gamers ed. the plan ed. worked fine but the gamers ed says i have to go in low res mode or redo the conifig for i x i tryed it and still wont work even tryed the nvidia config as root wont write the file help me please
sully560
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:59 pm

sully560 wrote:love the work you guys did on this os but im having problems with nvidia drivers installing on the 64 bit gamers ed. the plan ed. worked fine but the gamers ed says i have to go in low res mode or redo the conifig for i x i tryed it and still wont work even tryed the nvidia config as root wont write the file help me please

Hi sully560 and welcome to the forum,

Have you tried the solutions offered in this thread ?
Nvidia issues post here please.
;)
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Kir_B » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:08 pm

2hot6ft2 wrote:
sully560 wrote:love the work you guys did on this os but im having problems with nvidia drivers installing on the 64 bit gamers ed. the plan ed. worked fine but the gamers ed says i have to go in low res mode or redo the conifig for i x i tryed it and still wont work even tryed the nvidia config as root wont write the file help me please

Hi sully560 and welcome to the forum,

Have you tried the solutions offered in this thread ?
Nvidia issues post here please.
;)

Hey 2hot6ft2. I think sully560 may be referring to the issue of not being able to activate the drivers while using the Ultimate Edition 2.6-gamers live DVD. If this is the case, I can confirm that there appears to be no way of activating them in the live DVD environment (32-bit), which is truly too bad, as U.E.-2.6-gamers looks fantastic and compiz (wobbly windows Etc.) would have been quite a showcase for converting our fellow computer users that are still resigned to using Windoze (or another linux distro, for that matter).

I tried many, many times on the U.E.-2.6-gamers, but I had to finally give up, as I ran out of things to try. I read somewhere on these forums, that installing the drivers required a reboot and unfortunately, that does appear to be the case. I'm not sure what's different, but it is possible to activate the drivers on the Ultimate Edition 2.4 gamers live DVD, without a reboot. I installed the drivers in Ultimate Edition 2.4-gamers live DVD, by just logging out and then back in after downloading and activating the driver. Compiz worked great in that one, but sadly, that method won't work with Ultimate Edition 2.6-gamers.

I hope that the next one works like the 2.4 gamers edition, as visually, the 2.6 gamers is really fantastic looking and comes with enough bells and whistles to suit everyone's taste. Great job to all involved. :o

A great big thank you to everyone involved for their efforts. Kirby

P.S.
I haven't tried an install yet, as my hard drive is a little bloated at the moment.
Kir_B
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Christmas Edition

Postby Cell » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Why does one need to load drivers for the live environment? You can run compiz,or even run the games on the live dvd with the driver provided.

Cell
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby linux_member » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:19 pm

hello guys, Iam new in this forum ... and my english is bad *sry*

I download straight gamer edition and wanted to ask whether one with all this play play can? Loosely completely simply the CD purely then install and play?
linux_member
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.3

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:56 pm

Hello and welcome linux_member! I think I know what you are asking, You should be able to play the games on the live DVD, depending on your computer spec's memory,CPU,GPU,Ect. But like any "live" DVD/CD It will run fast! To get the full experience of Gamers Edition it should be installed! ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby linux_member » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Thus I can play all plays it give?
linux_member
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.3

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:42 am

linux_member wrote:Thus I can play all plays it give?

Yes, if your computer has the memory, CPU and GPU to play the high end 3D games ! Capability = Hardware. ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby nesnfsn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 pm

I have searched, and unfortunately, not found an answer to the following question:

Is there a way of downloading the games in Gamer Edition 2.6 (or even the new 2.8 Gamers Ed.) to an existing 2.6 (or 2.8 as the case may be) installation?

If there is already a post explaining this, I apologize, and would appreciate the link. If not, if someone knows how to do this (if possible), I would appreciate it. I do not want to lose any of the apps that come in the standard x86 installation, in exchange for games that I might from time to time play.

Thanks,

nesnfsn in sunny South Florida
nesnfsn
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby dathem » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:00 am

nesnfsn wrote:I have searched, and unfortunately, not found an answer to the following question:

Is there a way of downloading the games in Gamer Edition 2.6 (or even the new 2.8 Gamers Ed.) to an existing 2.6 (or 2.8 as the case may be) installation?

If there is already a post explaining this, I apologize, and would appreciate the link. If not, if someone knows how to do this (if possible), I would appreciate it. I do not want to lose any of the apps that come in the standard x86 installation, in exchange for games that I might from time to time play.

Thanks,

nesnfsn in sunny South Florida

Hello, Yes you can add any game or app from 3 places; UBUNTU TWEAK, ULTAMATIX, and Synaptics package manager. dathem
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Gamers Edition