Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Urban Terror

Help & Support for Ultimate Gamers Edition.

Urban Terror

Postby nubcakes » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:22 am

Gentlemen and Ladies we are considering opening a Urban Terror server. I want to introduce myself. I am TheeMahn when it comes to Urban Terror and I will beat each and everyone of you down. :twisted: I thought you gentlemen and ladies might like to know this is my first post and i am an admin.

Edited via TheeMahn

04/12/10: We will soon have a 32 slot server with B3 bot for free (normally ~ $40 a month), minus me putting an ad on our homepage as soon as I email him back (when I get time). I am sure they love the traffic. 2.5 Million pageviews a month is no joke, just the homepage.

You know mean Honest Abe:
abe.png
Would not lie to you.

Sorry to edit your post, those that do not know what Urban Terror is...

Urban Terror is a game for Linux, Windows & Macintosh. Free none the less. It is available though our Repository for you nix gurus out there. It can also be installed through Ultamatix (games section).

I am looking into setting up a dedicated server for Ultimate Edition users. Admin & Mods V/S users. A stress reliever if you will for our Team. I will post further details when it is a reality. I suggest you download the game and get a few notches on your belt until I make the server a reality. It is not small be forewarned about a cd worth of info in size. Do I need to release a gamers edition again preset to default to our server ;)

In a terminal:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install urban-terror-extra-maps

Will install both urban terror and the extra-map packs-pack I built. A huge downoad, I will eat all the bandwidth ;)

02/19/10: I updated the repo this morning with .0.0.3 of the map pack. Our dedicated urban terror server is up and running (still do not have the Big brother B3 bot working yet)... How do I get on already? Please note: it is currently 8 slots pending on donations if finetuch will expand it. Typically it is full & quite fast.

Method #1 Sorted by server name (typically top 3):
servername.png
Sorted by server name

Method #2 Sorted by ping time
ping.png
Sorted by ping (depends on you net connection) #1 for me.

The server is in Chicago, so ping time may vary. The lower the better.

We are just warming up, I have heard a gamers edition is circulating on the net, just here-say ;) Never post such a thing until I post it please gentlemen. I did get flack out of this from one of my admin & will not go into the details.

Hmm, what have we going on in these screenshots...
17.png
Installing Gamers...

live.png
Live & Compiz!!!

carriestheme.png
KDE Apps carry dark theme ;)

Screenshot.png
A little Urban terror right off the live USB Stick. Wow!!!

01/26/10: Happy Bday to me ;) Reality is beginning to take hold... http://ultimateurbanterror.info/ I am not the admin Finetuch is, I did initially set it all up minus gaming server, please stand by. As far as gamers I do not blame the 90 people that were downloading it as fast as I uploaded it, however I apologize not to be complete. Gigabits happen at a flick of a second. 8 minutes my god I need to rethink. In 8 minutes 90 unhappy customers.

Do you think they know what MD5SUM is? Did you know Sorceforge says? You are popular if you have X downloads, all good (how about a few gig). How about if they rethink and say you have X petabytes of Xfer. Oh, thats right something they do not want. I have looked into their connectivity. Provided I could remain up; hammer them.

I am sure They deal with a million users daily, their ranking system blows. What is 1000 downloads of gamers V/s 1000 of Mozilla? Lets talk petabytes. Completely ignored by SF. Why did I bring it up? I am sure they will see this. Honestly, They have ate tons of my bandwidth, why do I complain?

01/22/10: I am uploading the 32 bit edition of 2.4 Gamers, I must say it is better then the 64 bit counterpart... I will straighten out the 64 bit through the repo. The 32 bit has version 0.0.2 (65 additional maps) of the map-pack; currently unreleased. The theme is also carried across the board. I will fix both through the repo.

01/20/10: Very much alive a gamers edition is coming and with a vengeance. 2.7 Terabytes in less then 24 hours I am thankful I did not have to eat in just one day. I know I do not have 631 admin ;) 9,000 users start to wake that up. I have never officially announced a gamers release, don't announce it for me. I have promised Ill results to anyone that does so for me. I have not officially written a 32 bit edition yet, please give me time. For those that do not what I refer to lets drop by sorceforge. If you post it for me, ie I hit distrowatch, digg or softpedia. I will rip it all down. Took me 6 minutes to put it there will take 6 secs to remove it. Please don't try me.

01/16/10:
As a bonus; I have written a deb for you gentlemen which adds 46 maps to the game, however I have written 0 currently. Please read through this thread to see when I posted it, it is almost as large as the game itself. Let's let the cat out of the bag. I gave one of my admin a live USB stick of a "Gamers Edition" I have been working on
and instead of installing it he decided to play the game straight from the USB stick and it worked; this was not my intention of writing it. I have been testing what will be our gaming server.

Finetuch & I kicked around nothing less then 50,000 people on this website one of many & thought (I have 8), wow is that not enough? 1/2 a mill a day overall and I an done. This site will go down. 2.7 TB of xfer, starts to wake me up, petabytes I refer to. Make sorceforge shut down my acct? 25 servers?

Funny, I want this to be posted openly. I got voted off my own server because I asked a guy if he is running nix. Next time I logged in and gave them a "slap" not a ban ;)

Finetuch and I knocked around setting you a new avatar of a fairy lol. Thanks for complying. Just because you are an admin does not mean you can have a 640 X 480 avatar ;)

If you control the server do not think you can not see the logs to know, people are hateful generally. You will see it. I will join in once & a while... I set it up for one purpose to relive stress. Ban me if you will ;) I bet money, I be un-banable & will turn over 100% control.

I won't even take the time to review, our server is 100% free, donations pay 0 for gaming they give us that server free (traffic I provide to them). I have had donors question it, It upsets me when I could be doing better. I have trolled years of paying personally. I greatly appreciate donors, do not view the "urban terror" as a donation to gamers / urban terror. I will make finetuch correct the reason, I would be mad if I donated to Urban terror if what I wanted to donate to is Ultimate Edition.

I am sorry, if you donated to Urban Terror, it is all free here. No true issue, I am sorry, I as of recently allowed donations. I honestly wished I could just let it go. Only reason I knew there was an issue, a PM, how often do I read them? We do need donations I will not lie a PS/3 is in order.

Even if you wanted to you can not donate to gamers only Ultimate Edition Gamers is 100% free. What are you donating to Ultimate Edition. I will make him correct it. Sorry,
nubcakes
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 Gamers

Re: Urban Terror

Postby finetuch » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:42 am

Bring it Biotch.
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5
CPU: AMD Black Edition 965 Phentom II
RAM: 4 Gig Gskill RipJaws DDR III Dual Channel (unganged)@1600
Video: 1 Zotac 9600gt (Nvidia)
Hdd:1x TB sata3 WD ,1xTB USB 3.0 External , 1 500gb Hitachi external Esata
Rosewill Stalion series 450 watts
Burrner: 1 24xLight-On Dvd Burrner Sata,1 22x LG IDE
Audio: Realtek 8.1 Digital out to Sony STR-DE635 W/ Bose 201 Series 4 & b12 inch sub
finetuch
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby DarkChild » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:44 am

Thanks for the communicated information ;) I am looking forward to this, it should be nice to "beat-up" :lol: an Admin online. Don't take it literal. Welcome aboard the Ultimate Edition Train. I hope to see more coming from you.
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Cell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Hey I seen nubcakes around in game before.Lol...don't know if it was you are not tho.

Remember theres only one Cell....say hello some time.

when it comes to Urban Terror and I will beat each and everyone of you down.

....Lol.Another noob.You must like eating a s s ,because I'm going to serve yours on a platter. <BREW>
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby Rattler » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:43 pm

nubcakes wrote:Gentlemen and Ladies we are considering opening a Urban Terror server. I want to introduce myself. I am TheeMahn when it comes to Urban Terror and I will beat each and everyone of you down. :twisted: I thought you gentlemen and ladies might like to know this is my first post and i am an admin.

now u know i own u at this gane nubby so bring it hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
The Past Is The Past And The Future Is Now.
Rattler
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Rattler » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Cell wrote:Hey I seen nubcakes around in game before.Lol...don't know if it was you are not tho.

....Lol.Another noob.You must like eating a s s ,because I'm going to serve yours on a platter. <BREW>

maby iv seen u my handle is KillerKing have ya seen me??? or may be-1 of my bullets hahaha <BREW>
The Past Is The Past And The Future Is Now.
Rattler
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:12 am

nubcakes sounds a bit cocky; must have taught him well. I drop that post on the homepage and you will get powned nubcakes. 32 slots just may not be enough, watch the end users beat the server offline wanting to get a piece of you.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:30 am

Rattler wrote:
Cell wrote:Hey I seen nubcakes around in game before.Lol...don't know if it was you are not tho.

maby iv seen u my handle is KillerKing have ya seen me??? or may be-1 of my bullets hahaha <BREW>

I hear you are pretty good as well. I look forward to beating you down. Probably wont become a reality until the end of the month when I have the extra scratch to pay for a new server. I have been looking they are not cheap. CPU usage becomes a huge issue when running a dedicated UT server. It robs 100% of one of my 4 cpus gives me 3 more to play with. So it will do the same on the server. Connectivity is not a "huge" issue until you exceed 24 slots, I would like to have 32 or more, so connectivity may indeed be an issue. I will continue "shopping around".

This will be a real stress reliever to me & a chance to play against my buddies & Ultimate Edition members. I now will have no need for windows ;) As a matter of fact I don't have it installed & intend to keep it that way. The ol ladies son runs a COD server and told me he pays based on the number of slots this gets expensive quick more then a dollar a slot per month. I know how to ssh and set it up, but do not want to be shut down because of high cpu usage. I will really have to look into hosting. My current hosting company while they do allow me to ssh in do not allow execution. I hope I am not looking at dedicated which is about $500 a month. Let me do my research & we will see what we have going on end of the month.

Any suggestions are also appreciated.

It is pretty kewl the server keeps logs of all activity in the game:
2:41 Kill: 2 0 20: Nub killed TheeMahn by UT_MOD_G36
2:43 Kill: 0 2 25: TheeMahn killed Nub by UT_MOD_HEGRENADE
2:59 Kill: 2 0 20: Nub killed TheeMahn by UT_MOD_G36
3:04 Kill: 2 1 20: Nub killed Quad4x by UT_MOD_G36
3:20 Kill: 2 0 20: Nub killed TheeMahn by UT_MOD_G36
3:34 Kill: 2 1 20: Nub killed Quad4x by UT_MOD_G36
3:36 Item: 2 ut_weapon_mp5k
3:51 Kill: 2 0 20: Nub killed TheeMahn by UT_MOD_G36
4:05 Kill: 1 2 21: Quad4x killed Nub by UT_MOD_PSG1
4:27 Kill: 2 0 20: Nub killed TheeMahn by UT_MOD_G36
4:29 Kill: 2 1 20: Nub killed Quad4x by UT_MOD_G36

Nub is a ruthless killer, but I bet he gets hammered when it drops on the homepage. Quad4x is finetuch. nubcakes tells me you to are typically even when you play at the house. Is he lying? I love all the crap talking that goes on when games get introduced into the mix. Don't get up to get a beer when playing nubcakes.

TheeMahn,
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby JOHNNYG » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:54 am

Sounds like TheeNub 8-) Gonna kick some boooootie!!! :lol: or is that Mahncakes :lol: :lol: :lol: God I crack me up !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:23 am

JOHNNYG wrote:Sounds like TheeNub 8-) Gonna kick some boooootie!!! :lol: or is that Mahncakes :lol: :lol: :lol: God I crack me up !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you are going to play; that was from a lanwar we had Thursday. nubcakes is no joke or I plain suck, but did enjoy every minute of it. I may not have the time to do it all the time, I did feel better and more concentrated on the task at hand Friday. I have alot going on all the time. Seems like no rest for the wicked lol

Wow, I went back to see when he posted it 5:22 AM Friday lol a all nighter.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ultimate Gamers Edition