Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

The Puppy Chronicles

Re: The Puppy Chronicles

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:15 pm

ryanvade wrote:Awesome!!!

Indeed

I haven't tried Pocket Linux. I went with Puppy because there is so much more support...and it can be made to feel less..idk..fake? It's hard to explain..with many puppies..like puppy arcade 10, and DSL there is a looseness there, like it just doesn't feel quite right. Primarily, I just want it to run across devices, unfortunately, the better puppies out there are really intended for Computers of up to 5 years in age. Many puppies won't work on my Netbook..to make matters worse, I haven't put a single minute in to learning the terminal here. I have become an apt-get slave.

Moving on...

fallout2.png

Now with twice as much Fallout!!

Sucks, I can not get GDIplus in there..Winetricks just crashes...and dropping it in place didn't quite do the trick. This is all just to get Fallout Tactics on here. There seems to be a problem with icons..if I change the icon through enlightenment the desktop links stop working, if I change them through Puppy, they don't want to cooperate. Then the rest of the icons that were native to the application launcher(ibar) vanished, but I just replaced them. Still I did get

n64.png

Mupen64plus and it's GUI running. That's cool.
http://208.109.22.214/puppy/viewtopic.p ... d3778b75ad

I already had Mupen64plus pet from puppy arcade, for some reason, the first two download links here, install the needed components to get it going..oddly, the third link..for mupen doesn't work, however, I already had it installed.

I've gotten a few other things to work, but could not get the desktop links and icons to cooperate. Ideally, I want it to be made so most anyone could use it..I don't think the average PC user, is going to instinctively "show hidden files", go into .wine, go into program files, find the execute, and go....
I could be wrong about this.

It was worse with native Linux games..I installed asc, but I have no clue where it went..I see parts of it in a hidden file, but nothing to run. I launched after install, but I have no clue where it could have gone.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:35 pm

shot5.png

FINALLY!!

Fallout Tactics!!

So..interesting..

If you want to install, or drop a file, it needs to be under the RAM size. I finally got Winetricks going, and then I didn't have enough memory!! Just..scratching my head over that, I almost wiped it. Then it like..dawned on me.

So I moved the card over to a higher RAM PC and viola!

Not that any of that was all that simple lol, I made an entire new Puppy trying to figure this out..and then fallout 1 wouldn't run on it. GRRR..

It's all working here though.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:00 pm

The "Other" Puppy

xfce.png

xfce2.png

xfce3.png
Ultimate Edition Conky. The wlan works, I'm just Eth here. It takes up screen on netbook.

Yep

Way heavy but pretty cool. But no Fallout 1.

Still..Compiz, Cairo Dock, Gimp 2.7, THUNAR!, BLUE DECKED!!, aaaaand this took a little work. Buuut..no Fallout 1 :cry: .

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:13 pm

shot1.png

shot3.png

e17.png

shot2.png

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby smeterlink » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:39 pm

:th_th225
smeterlink

Postby pam » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:25 am

SHOCK!! I just developed a twitch.
:voyant
:likecoolman
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks Guys 8-)

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:08 pm

How to mount a puppy save file...

Puppy backs everything up into either .2fs, .3fs, and .4fs, each one basically corresponding to ext2, ext3, and ext4.

To access this save file

Code: Select all
mkdir ~/puppy

Code: Select all
sudo mount -o loop /path/to/pup_save-puppy.2fs ~/puppy

If there is a different extension, the .2fs would be 3fs or 4fs. I have had less problems just sticking with 2.

Supposedly there is a limit to this save file of around 2GB, I am presently around 13.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Made a few changes, but I had to take a break to use the new Diamond. Ironically I had to take a break from Gnome and the Diamond tester was my breaking point which led to this(It's all better now, still, Gnome should be a curse word. From now on something, isn't broken, or screwed up..no.."It's the Gnome 3 way")

terminator.png

Not too many changes here..But I am at a stopping point with Windows stuffs..DOSBOX doesn't seem to like my Atom..the processor won't move for it at all, and it just crawls, but not a problem on my other PC, and doesn't seem to occur with wine.. :roll: I probably should have checked before I threw together a bunch of icons.

terminatorx.png

The icons get pushed forward when I turn autohide off,so it doesn't quite look like that, but all the emulators are working 100%, and I have plenty of browsers in case of slow internet connection.

Wanted to get vbox working, but I don't see this happening on this one.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:29 pm

puppypower.png

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Kde and Other Desktop Environments