Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

(Discussion)How to install the latest KDE from backports.

Re: (Discussion)How to install the latest KDE from backports

Postby pam » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:07 am

sniff...sniff....you smell that....KDE is everywhere.

Me too i dont hate Unity but i just wont use it.
<BREW>
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby tanmay.01 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:26 am

Xanayoshi wrote:Honestly, the whole backported KDE on Diamond is just about flawless. Too bad Moebius is no good at KDE ;) he would have had a real winner with this, not that it's bad, but there is definitely something going on with Compiz lately and it ain't cool and its hardly limited to Diamond 2B.

Easy fix..compiz --replace, but I seem to be using Unity less and less. I realise its related to how I want my Compiz setup, but grrrr, Unity is built from Compiz!!!

I don't hate Unity and I don't care too much about how "heavy" Unity or KDE are, I have puppies for when I need to drop my RAM. Also most of the "lites" that people think of, like XFCE and LXDE have nothing on enlightenment which looks approximately 698,000 times better, and is wayyyyy lighter.

They are trying to integrate it into unity and are not accepting any new features. If you use unity without compiz the window managment sucks... and when ccsm is installed it improves drastically. eg Move a window with its titlebar you'll see the , mice somewhere and the window else wherer. Talking about gnome they are too scattered. KDE is very stable and is improving with each release, its also touch compatible :D . Just now i am using xfce because it supports both kde and gnome.
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:42 pm

pam wrote:sniff...sniff....you smell that....KDE is everywhere.

Me too i dont hate Unity but i just wont use it.
<BREW>

I keep wanting to grab Netrunner since you posted on Oz. I used this before Mint KDE and Ultimately Ultimate Edition 3.5, but I hadn't quite got root control down for Debian use and I think it was at version 4.4 at that point.

tanmay.01 wrote:
Xanayoshi wrote:Honestly, the whole backported KDE on Diamond is just about flawless. Too bad Moebius is no good at KDE ;) he would have had a real winner with this, not that it's bad, but there is definitely something going on with Compiz lately and it ain't cool and its hardly limited to Diamond 2B.

Easy fix..compiz --replace, but I seem to be using Unity less and less. I realise its related to how I want my Compiz setup, but grrrr, Unity is built from Compiz!!!

I don't hate Unity and I don't care too much about how "heavy" Unity or KDE are, I have puppies for when I need to drop my RAM. Also most of the "lites" that people think of, like XFCE and LXDE have nothing on enlightenment which looks approximately 698,000 times better, and is wayyyyy lighter.

They are trying to integrate it into unity and are not accepting any new features. If you use unity without compiz the window managment sucks... and when ccsm is installed it improves drastically. eg Move a window with its titlebar you'll see the , mice somewhere and the window else wherer. Talking about gnome they are too scattered. KDE is very stable and is improving with each release, its also touch compatible :D . Just now i am using xfce because it supports both kde and gnome.

The whole thing is crazy. Unity isn't exactly an Ubuntu project, so they sort of need Gnome and Compiz advancements, and have had to take a more hands on approach as of late, but it is more for integration of Produkt Features than effects.

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2013/01/ ... ty-ubuntu/

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:20 pm

First: Ultimate Edition 3.4.1 Velocity HEL80 Laptop, 2ghz, 2G RAM, 120G HD built in NVIDIA
installed KDE using the instructions at the top of the thread and restarted.
It seemed fine, I restarted and logged into MATE, wanted to do KDE tho.
Update Manager indicated 110 MB of updates, didn't feel like doing it so I restarted
it starts into 3.4.1 and asks for a login
when I enter that and the subsequent password
it gives me a terminal prompt. Ideas?
UPDATE: did a couple sudo apt-get updates when in terminal and it seems to be OK
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:57 pm

I can't remember specifically what went wrong with 3.4.1, but honestly, I am not wanting to troubleshoot it for the backport. It is far easier and integrates soooo much better to just use a base 3.4, 3.5, 3.4 lite, install the backport and do a dist-upgrade to bring 12.04 to 12.04.2. Personally, and I hate to say it, I do not like any of the recent .1's. I am not sure what exactly program wise I am missing out on, but I am not exactly missing them..except minitube...minitube is just great...

apt-get install minitube

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:01 pm

For the record the .1's that I haven't had much success with are

3.4.1 lite 64 beta(pre-release) and 32

3.4.1 32

3.5.1 64 beta(pre-release)

I wanted to do a backport guide on these but they all had too many problems..the worst by far being..oh wait, I remember what was wrong with 3.4.1 now...everything. Do not use 3.4.1.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Oh wait..sorry..

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=9321

It was 3.4.1 Lite 32...Do not use this it is broken.

What 3.4.1 are you using, 32 or 64, I will try again.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby billhedrick » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:09 pm

well, still doing upgrades on 3.4.1, but it's been my favorite Ultimate Edition for awhile, only bug I found in MATE was the inability to permanently change themes and backdrops. will see how KDE looks when the upgrades are done
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:13 pm

You need to be VERY specific.

Last I checked there was no Mate on 3.4.1.

So you will have to tell me specifically...lite or not lite..32 or 64

Official release or beta you got from Ultimate Edition Donors site

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:21 pm

billhedrick wrote:well, still doing upgrades on 3.4.1, but it's been my favorite Ultimate Edition for awhile, only bug I found in MATE was the inability to permanently change themes and backdrops. will see how KDE looks when the upgrades are done

This is confusing as well..I had no problem permanently changing themes or backdrops

This was all built on 3.4 lite

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9332

3.4 lite is Mate. Of course I added KDE.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Kde and Other Desktop Environments