Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Android Ultimate Edition Style

Android phones and bounds.....chat about it here.

Android Ultimate Edition Style

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:38 pm

I have purchased & have a multitude of Android based devices. I am going to brick if necessary to get Ultimate Edition rolling on. I intend to install solo / dual boot, one in tripple boot based O/S(s). This is going to be a long post as I break each device down one at a time. Please take this post as a grain of salt as I work through the process and device introduction. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS POST AS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I AM NOT GOING TO PROVIDE LINKS TO DOWNLOADS UNTIL I HAVE ALL MY DUCKS IN A ROW Foriegn or domestic.

Table of contents:
Disclaimer
Backing up your current firmware
The Devices

DISCLAIMER
As we all know Rooting an android device is a risky process. We are not responsible if you brick your device while following these procedures although the chances are very low or null. We can't even guarantee you that this tutorial will work on your device unless it meets required conditions like firmware version,android version,model number,carrier version,region or specific country etc.

Flashing roms,kernels and recoveries too is a highly risky job. All the posts which guide to install/flash are meant only for a particular device flashing these on other models or devices will surely brick it and at this stage we are not at all responsible as we didn't guide you to do so.

I take ZERO responsibility for any data loss or hardware loss proceed at your own risk.

And finally, Happy flashing!

Backing up your current firmware:
There are many apps on the Android market that handle this many in my opinion ARE CRAP, right up the chain Titanium Backup etc. While apps like that work perfectly if your device is "Supported", what if it is not? You are screwed right? Let's drop to the root of what this post is about, before you do anything to your device back it up. I do not care what device you have lets back it up. Unless you run Marshmellow 6.0 (Google does not like you to have the ability to modify your device and Google is now taking this feature away), Once installed, you are screwed. Makes me think of Apple doing the same to their users you can not downgrade once installed.

Minus Marshmellow, I have you covered and the cost is free. We have tools at our disposal here in Ultimate Edition Land, lets discuss a few of those tools.
The most important first:
Android Debug Bridge (adb)is a versatile command line tool that lets you communicate with an emulator instance or connected Android-powered device. It is a client-server program that includes three components:

• A client, which runs on your development machine. You can invoke a client from a shell by issuing an adb command. Other Android tools such as the ADT plugin and DDMS also create adb clients.
  • A server, which runs as a background process on your development machine. The server manages communication between the client and the adb daemon running on an emulator or device.
  • A daemon, which runs as a background process on each emulator or device instance.
toys.png
Coming soon

Even though I am actively developing an Ultimate Edition Developers edition it is not there yet. One of the toys that will be either integrated or available is Android Studio will have to work for now.

The only thing you need is the Software Development Kit (SDK) in order to perform the necessities of this part of the how to. It is indeed available in our repositories, however not the most current version yet I have a package in route this may change:
wekcine.png
Ultimate Edition Android Tools?
KIMG0001.jpg
Dual devices Picture in picture (PIP) on the same monitor as I hack it ;)

I will not re-create the wheel, there are other websites to get this started.

Once you have access to your device (back it up, I know rooting seems so much better to do):
LET ME WARN YOU AGAIN, Bricked device Zopo ZP998, MPIE Softbricked in my adventure this far, probably about $500 down the tubes. I will get back to unbricking them later if I can. I am fairly certain I can the MPIE, the Zopo unsure, we will see. I did not care if I lost them the 3368, I have had success & will soon be rocking Ultimate Edition.

Once again, I will not re-create the wheel.

Are we Backed up? Fantastic, you can always restore your original firmware. Please Verify, before proceeding.
Code: Select all
adb restore yourfile.db

This is awesome, you can include EVERYTHING in a backup, wifi passwords etc. Better then most backup utilities.

We will make a Rooting your device section...
control.png
Rooted Device

DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE SO, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

The Devices

Andoer Z4 Android 5.1 TV RK3368 Octa-Core 64 Bit:
    Zopo ZP998 8-core Phone
    5.7 inch Mpie i9199s 8-core Phablet
    VOYO V2 TV Box Windows 10 4K (Tripple boot goal)

Andoer Z4 Android 5.1 TV RK3368 Octa-Core 64 Bit:
    Andoer Z4 Android 5.1 TV RK3368 Octa-Core 64 Bits 2G / 16G UHD 4K * 2K Mini PC Kodi / XBMC / Miracast / DLNA H.265 WiFi & LAN Smart Media Player with Remote Controller, bought mine on Ebay for $77.00 actually $72, when they gave me back $5 for sending me an EU adapter and live in the USA (They are going up)

There is a multitude of versions of this device 1GB/8GB some without AC wireless etc. As far as I have seen the one I have is top of the line hardware wise in this particular line (software wise was garbage when I got it) - Froze and locked up all the time when I got it.
    Specs:
    • CPU: Rockchip 3368 Octa-Core 64 Bit (1.5GHZ)
    • Audio/Video Outputs: HDMI (tested), SPDIF (untested & have the ability to test) & 4.5mm audio jack (tested)
    • Media Streaming: Home Network Media; Internet TV/Video
    • Media Input Connectivity: USB; Ethernet; Bluetooth; WI-FI
    • LAN: 1000 BaseT; Standard RJ45 Port (untested connected through Netgear Nethawk 8000 AC 3200 wireless tripple band router)
    • Memory: DDRIII 2GB
    • Features: Full Web Browsing/Picture Viewing/Social Networking
    • Flash Memory: EMMC 16GB (shows up as 12GB - Chinese Manufacturers love to lie when it comes to memory). 2GB RAM, 2GB ROM, 12GB "Internal Storage"
    • WIFI: 802.11 ac/a/b/g /n; 2.4GB & 5GB Dual Band WiFi. (after rooted does not stutter or lock up, remember 4K untested, 1080P all day long) <-we will get back to this after tested.
    • Max. Resolution: 4K; 4320P (currently untested and I do have a 4K monitor)
    • GPU: Quad-Core Mail-T6X series
    • Country of Manufacture: China

This device came locked (unrooted), I tried a ton and I do mean a ton of methods to root this device. Kingroot claimed it had rooted it and it too failed. I have even manually tried to root this device with partial success, but not full success using Ultimate Edition and Android Studio's tools. Towel root written by GeoHot was and should have been my first attempt in rooting this device as I have had success multiple times under different devices using it.

It is fully rooted & ready for dual boot Ultimate Edition goodness. I have purchased and is functioning perfectly a 64GB Samsung Ultra SD card for it (even though they claim 32GB max) and Link2SD android app to unlock a marvel of performance. It is currently my favorite device in this house minus the JackHammer, however I do have a new toy in route. As it stands this will likely be the last device I attempt to load Ultimate Edition on as I do like it & the other devices have problems and just don’t care ;)

Connectivity, awesome:
    andoer.png
    Connectivity

speed.png
    Dual 5 GHZ bands

I want to pause for the cause, even though it shows it is connected to a single 5GHZ band actually enjoys the rights to dual 5GHZ bands, The router uses a technology called smart connect. The Router is a fairly expensive piece of hardware. This post is not about Routers, but I will put it through it's paces before I brick it ;) The router is running and can run Linux as well is it my next target? lol

When I purchased the Z4 it had ZERO support, no firmware, etc. Today I have downloaded 3 modded / different versions of firmware (I currently run the stock firmware - rooted). I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, even though I am going to present links for downloads of firmware. I did not create any one of them, but would like for this to be a place where you too can learn, not just about the device; the options you have at your disposal:

<<INSERT DOWNLOAD LINK #1>>
    <<INSERT DOWNLOAD LINK #2>>
    <<INSERT DOWNLOAD LINK #3>>

Zopo ZP998 8-core Phone
    Specs:
    • CPU/Chipset: MTK6592 octacore
    • GPU: Mali 450MP4, clocked at 700MHz
    • NFC support
    • Data: GPRS, HSPA (up to 21Mbps)
    • GPS: aGPS
    • Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4
    • RAM: 2GB RAM
    • Storage: 16GB
    • Screen: 5.5-inch Gorilla Glass 1920×1080 FHD, 401PPI
    • Camera: 14 megapixel rear-shooter, with LED flash and 5MP front-facing
    • WiFi: Single channel 802.11bgn
    • Battery: 2,400 mAh lithium-ion
    • Weight: 150 grams
    • Dimensions: 151.4 x 76.1 x 9.1mm
    This was an awesome phone, note I use the term was. I sit down with it in my back pocket and cracked the screen. Another issue and the last issue I had with this phone was the GPS never was right even though I tried to punch it into the firmware we are not in China. I ran it for roughly 6 months with the screen cracked, still worked perfectly minus the GPS, lightning fast.

The wife had one of the 2 MPIE's we have quit functioning on her & I gave her my Zopo. She would not deal with the cracked screen, had it replaced and now works when it wants to work. It had a beautiful screen for 2 or 3 days and went right down the crapper and will be the first phone I brick in the road to Ultimate Edition goodness.
    5.7 inch Mpie i9199s 8-core Phablet
    Code: Select all
     Mpie i9199s General

Manufacturer: Mpie
        Model: Mpie Note 4 i9199s
        Phone Style: Bar, multi-touch screen, 5.7 inch Capacitive touchscreen
        Operating System: Android 4.4 OS
        Processor: MTK6592M Octa Core 1.4GHz
        Google Play: Yes, a pure rom, supports all the google service

Mpie i9199s Display

Screen Size: 5.7 inch HD IPS touchscreen
        Display reulotion: 1280*720 pixel
        Color Support: 16 million colors
        Screen Technology: 5 points Multi-touch screen

Mpie i9199s Camera

Camera Resulotion: 8.0MP rear camera+ 2.0MP front camera, digital zoom, support 1080p video record

Mpie i9199s Connectivity

Connectivity Technology: GSM + WCDMA (Dual Simcard: 1 * Micro + 1 * Normal)
        Network Band:  GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz + WCDMA 850/2100MHz
        Data Technology: GPRS, EDGE, HSPA
        Bluetooth: Yes 2.0 
        WLan: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
        USB: USB 2.0
        GPS: GPS/A-GPS(Built-in GPS chipset)

Mpie i9199s Features

Video Player: AVI, MP4, 3GP, MOV, MKV, FLV
        Audio Player: FLAC, APE, MP3, OGG, AMR, AAC
        Image: JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF
        Ringing Tones: Downloadable
        Phone Book: 1000 contacts
        Brower: HTML
        Game: Downloadable
        Radio: Network FM
        A-sensor: Yes
        L-sensor: Yes
        D-sensor: Yes
        Digtal Compass: Yes
        Interface/Port: 3.5mm earphone jack/micro USB

Mpie i9199s Battery

Battery: Li-on battery(2800mAh)
        Standby Time: 150-200 hours

Mpie i9199s Memory

Built-in Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM
        TF Card: Up to 64GB

Mpie i9199s Size

Dimensions:156.5 x 80.1 x 8.5 mm
        Weight: 140g

VOYO V2 TV Box Windows 10 4K
    • Built-in 5000mAh lithium battery, can be used as mobile power bank, fully meets your power supply needs at anywhere anytime.
    • Designed with 64GB SSD.
    • Genuine Windows 10 OS: Rapid and stable, gives you access to over 800,000 APPs including Facebook, Youtube, Picasa and more.
    • Professional 2.4G WiFi, offering a more stable WiFi signal to enjoy a higher quality video experience.
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM + 32GB eMMC ROM gives you more space to download your favorite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
    • Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity: Easy pairing with most Bluetooth-enabled devices (computer, mobile phone, keyboard, and others).
    • HDMI connector: You can go directly to let your TV and VOYO V2 are connected through a HDMI cable and set up your home cinema for the best 1080P HD multimedia experience.
    • Comes with a RJ45 port for 10 / 100M Ethernet which provides a strong network extension.
    • Unique tempered glass body and mirror surface is designed to protect your VOYO V2 TV Box from scratch damage, durable to use.
    • XBMC supported. XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats.
    • Ultra slim size (only 13.1 x 8.3 x 1.6 cm), perfect for carrying and outing.
    nothere.png
    We wait...

107.png
    On it's way

Why is it anything I buy the prices go up? Technology the prices always come down...
    01/21/2016: Still waiting coming from "Sweedish post", China is faster let there be no doubt. Even before I have received the Voyo V2, there is a Voyo 3.

20160225_160144.jpg
    Voyo V2, 2 USB hubs, AC Wireless / Bluetooth Adapter, Bluetooth Keyboard, USB Keyboard, 60GB Mushkin Ventura Ulta, 16 GB Samsung Ultra Thumbdrives.

It has been in for about 3 Weeks, have not had the time to mess with it. Installed Kodi on it and ran 8 days straight streaming movies. Awesome MiniPC, money well spent with just one exception. The Wifi while works fairly well is insufficient for 1080p video and does buffer.
    Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
    Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
    CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
    Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
    Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
    Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
    Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
    750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
    1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
    TheeMahn
    Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Android Ultimate Edition Style

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:24 am

Software is the answer...
    lintian.png
    It is becoming a reality...

buids.png
    Note the img file extention, a huge difference.
    Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
    Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
    CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
    Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
    Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
    Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
    Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
    750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
    1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
    TheeMahn
    Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Micro » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:04 am

Can't wait to see the Android Ultimate Theme. 8-) I imagine the hardware compatibility would depend on the Android kernel version and features. Please keep us updated, I have a couple devices in mind. Any thoughts on an x86 Android Ultimate Edition?
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
    Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
    CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
    EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
    APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
    ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
    OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
    Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
    Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
    MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
    OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
    DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
    MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
    ViewSonic PJD7820HD
    OS - Filesystem F2FS
    Arch Linux
    Micro
    Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby contactmassey » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Hello
    I love the Idea here on a triple OS install
    I love the idea of doing more with Android Systems...!!!

I have 3 android phones laying around because I have upgraded to better phones... but there they are all lonely and unused.....

I hope your Android system use is gui menu oriented... I am not good at Linux line commands...

I Also hope that any dual or triple OS installs would allow a person to choose which OS to use and hopefully the page would look good and not harsh .. like line text only...

I have been using Ultimate edition since 2.6 and so far I like the best 2.7 and 2.9 and 3.4 and 4.3.......

I have read that version 4.2.3 is the best but I don't know yet .. I am hoping to install it shortly...

But mebbe I should wait for this Android edition to roll out and then experiment like mad with android phones....

Thanks a million !!!!
    contactmassey
    U.E. Newbie
    U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Shmeks » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:09 am

Here is the link to v 4.0.4
    Shmeks
    U.E. Newbie
    U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT