I AM NOT GOING TO PROVIDE LINKS TO DOWNLOADS UNTIL I HAVE ALL MY DUCKS IN A ROW Foriegn or domestic.
Table of contents:
Backing up your current firmware
As we all know Rooting an android device is a risky process. We are not responsible if you brick your device while following these procedures although the chances are very low or null. We can't even guarantee you that this tutorial will work on your device unless it meets required conditions like firmware version,android version,model number,carrier version,region or specific country etc.
Flashing roms,kernels and recoveries too is a highly risky job. All the posts which guide to install/flash are meant only for a particular device flashing these on other models or devices will surely brick it and at this stage we are not at all responsible as we didn't guide you to do so.
I take ZERO responsibility for any data loss or hardware loss proceed at your own risk.
And finally, Happy flashing!
Backing up your current firmware:
There are many apps on the Android market that handle this many in my opinion ARE CRAP, right up the chain Titanium Backup etc. While apps like that work perfectly if your device is "Supported", what if it is not? You are screwed right? Let's drop to the root of what this post is about, before you do anything to your device back it up. I do not care what device you have lets back it up. Unless you run Marshmellow 6.0 (Google does not like you to have the ability to modify your device and Google is now taking this feature away), Once installed, you are screwed. Makes me think of Apple doing the same to their users you can not downgrade once installed.
Minus Marshmellow, I have you covered and the cost is free. We have tools at our disposal here in Ultimate Edition Land, lets discuss a few of those tools.
The most important first:
Android Debug Bridge (adb)is a versatile command line tool that lets you communicate with an emulator instance or connected Android-powered device. It is a client-server program that includes three components:
- A client, which runs on your development machine. You can invoke a client from a shell by issuing an adb command. Other Android tools such as the ADT plugin and DDMS also create adb clients.
- A server, which runs as a background process on your development machine. The server manages communication between the client and the adb daemon running on an emulator or device.
- A daemon, which runs as a background process on each emulator or device instance.
Even though I am actively developing an Ultimate Edition Developers edition it is not there yet. One of the toys that will be either integrated or available is Android Studio will have to work for now.
The only thing you need is the Software Development Kit (SDK) in order to perform the necessities of this part of the how to. It is indeed available in our repositories, however not the most current version yet I have a package in route this may change:
I will not re-create the wheel, there are other websites to get this started.
Once you have access to your device (back it up, I know rooting seems so much better to do):
LET ME WARN YOU AGAIN, Bricked device Zopo ZP998, MPIE Softbricked in my adventure this far, probably about $500 down the tubes. I will get back to unbricking them later if I can. I am fairly certain I can the MPIE, the Zopo unsure, we will see. I did not care if I lost them the 3368, I have had success & will soon be rocking Ultimate Edition.
Once again, I will not re-create the wheel.
Are we Backed up? Fantastic, you can always restore your original firmware. Please Verify, before proceeding.
- Code: Select all
adb restore yourfile.db
This is awesome, you can include EVERYTHING in a backup, wifi passwords etc. Better then most backup utilities.
We will make a Rooting your device section...
DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE SO, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
- Andoer Z4 Android 5.1 TV RK3368 Octa-Core 64 Bit:
Zopo ZP998 8-core Phone
5.7 inch Mpie i9199s 8-core Phablet
VOYO V2 TV Box Windows 10 4K (Tripple boot goal)
Andoer Z4 Android 5.1 TV RK3368 Octa-Core 64 Bit:
There is a multitude of versions of this device 1GB/8GB some without AC wireless etc. As far as I have seen the one I have is top of the line hardware wise in this particular line (software wise was garbage when I got it) - Froze and locked up all the time when I got it.
- OS: Android 5.1.1 (Lolipop)
- CPU: Rockchip 3368 Octa-Core 64 Bit (1.5GHZ)
- Audio/Video Outputs: HDMI (tested), SPDIF (untested & have the ability to test) & 4.5mm audio jack (tested)
- Media Streaming: Home Network Media; Internet TV/Video
- Media Input Connectivity: USB; Ethernet; Bluetooth; WI-FI
- LAN: 1000 BaseT; Standard RJ45 Port (untested connected through Netgear Nethawk 8000 AC 3200 wireless tripple band router)
- Memory: DDRIII 2GB
- Features: Full Web Browsing/Picture Viewing/Social Networking
- Flash Memory: EMMC 16GB (shows up as 12GB - Chinese Manufacturers love to lie when it comes to memory). 2GB RAM, 2GB ROM, 12GB "Internal Storage"
- WIFI: 802.11 ac/a/b/g /n; 2.4GB & 5GB Dual Band WiFi. (after rooted does not stutter or lock up, remember 4K untested, 1080P all day long) <-we will get back to this after tested.
- Max. Resolution: 4K; 4320P (currently untested and I do have a 4K monitor)
- GPU: Quad-Core Mail-T6X series
- Country of Manufacture: China
This device came locked (unrooted), I tried a ton and I do mean a ton of methods to root this device. Kingroot claimed it had rooted it and it too failed. I have even manually tried to root this device with partial success, but not full success using Ultimate Edition and Android Studio's tools. Towel root written by GeoHot was and should have been my first attempt in rooting this device as I have had success multiple times under different devices using it.
It is fully rooted & ready for dual boot Ultimate Edition goodness. I have purchased and is functioning perfectly a 64GB Samsung Ultra SD card for it (even though they claim 32GB max) and Link2SD android app to unlock a marvel of performance. It is currently my favorite device in this house minus the JackHammer, however I do have a new toy in route. As it stands this will likely be the last device I attempt to load Ultimate Edition on as I do like it & the other devices have problems and just don’t care
I want to pause for the cause, even though it shows it is connected to a single 5GHZ band actually enjoys the rights to dual 5GHZ bands, The router uses a technology called smart connect. The Router is a fairly expensive piece of hardware. This post is not about Routers, but I will put it through it's paces before I brick it The router is running and can run Linux as well is it my next target? lol
When I purchased the Z4 it had ZERO support, no firmware, etc. Today I have downloaded 3 modded / different versions of firmware (I currently run the stock firmware - rooted). I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, even though I am going to present links for downloads of firmware. I did not create any one of them, but would like for this to be a place where you too can learn, not just about the device; the options you have at your disposal:
<<INSERT DOWNLOAD LINK #1>>
<<INSERT DOWNLOAD LINK #2>>
<<INSERT DOWNLOAD LINK #3>>
Zopo ZP998 8-core Phone
- CPU/Chipset: MTK6592 octacore
- GPU: Mali 450MP4, clocked at 700MHz
- NFC support
- Data: GPRS, HSPA (up to 21Mbps)
- GPS: aGPS
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB
- Screen: 5.5-inch Gorilla Glass 1920×1080 FHD, 401PPI
- Camera: 14 megapixel rear-shooter, with LED flash and 5MP front-facing
- WiFi: Single channel 802.11bgn
- Battery: 2,400 mAh lithium-ion
- Weight: 150 grams
- Dimensions: 151.4 x 76.1 x 9.1mm
The wife had one of the 2 MPIE's we have quit functioning on her & I gave her my Zopo. She would not deal with the cracked screen, had it replaced and now works when it wants to work. It had a beautiful screen for 2 or 3 days and went right down the crapper and will be the first phone I brick in the road to Ultimate Edition goodness.
5.7 inch Mpie i9199s 8-core Phablet
- Code: Select all
Mpie i9199s General
Model: Mpie Note 4 i9199s
Phone Style: Bar, multi-touch screen, 5.7 inch Capacitive touchscreen
Operating System: Android 4.4 OS
Processor: MTK6592M Octa Core 1.4GHz
Google Play: Yes, a pure rom, supports all the google service
Mpie i9199s Display
Screen Size: 5.7 inch HD IPS touchscreen
Display reulotion: 1280*720 pixel
Color Support: 16 million colors
Screen Technology: 5 points Multi-touch screen
Mpie i9199s Camera
Camera Resulotion: 8.0MP rear camera+ 2.0MP front camera, digital zoom, support 1080p video record
Mpie i9199s Connectivity
Connectivity Technology: GSM + WCDMA (Dual Simcard: 1 * Micro + 1 * Normal)
Network Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz + WCDMA 850/2100MHz
Data Technology: GPRS, EDGE, HSPA
Bluetooth: Yes 2.0
WLan: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
USB: USB 2.0
GPS: GPS/A-GPS(Built-in GPS chipset)
Mpie i9199s Features
Video Player: AVI, MP4, 3GP, MOV, MKV, FLV
Audio Player: FLAC, APE, MP3, OGG, AMR, AAC
Image: JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF
Ringing Tones: Downloadable
Message: SMS, MMS, Email
Phone Book: 1000 contacts
Radio: Network FM
Digtal Compass: Yes
Interface/Port: 3.5mm earphone jack/micro USB
Mpie i9199s Battery
Battery: Li-on battery(2800mAh)
Standby Time: 150-200 hours
Mpie i9199s Memory
Built-in Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM
TF Card: Up to 64GB
Mpie i9199s Size
Dimensions:156.5 x 80.1 x 8.5 mm
VOYO V2 TV Box Windows 10 4K
- Built-in 5000mAh lithium battery, can be used as mobile power bank, fully meets your power supply needs at anywhere anytime.
- Designed with 64GB SSD.
- Genuine Windows 10 OS: Rapid and stable, gives you access to over 800,000 APPs including Facebook, Youtube, Picasa and more.
- Professional 2.4G WiFi, offering a more stable WiFi signal to enjoy a higher quality video experience.
- 2GB DDR3 RAM + 32GB eMMC ROM gives you more space to download your favorite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity: Easy pairing with most Bluetooth-enabled devices (computer, mobile phone, keyboard, and others).
- HDMI connector: You can go directly to let your TV and VOYO V2 are connected through a HDMI cable and set up your home cinema for the best 1080P HD multimedia experience.
- Comes with a RJ45 port for 10 / 100M Ethernet which provides a strong network extension.
- Unique tempered glass body and mirror surface is designed to protect your VOYO V2 TV Box from scratch damage, durable to use.
- XBMC supported. XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats.
- Ultra slim size (only 13.1 x 8.3 x 1.6 cm), perfect for carrying and outing.
Why is it anything I buy the prices go up? Technology the prices always come down...
01/21/2016: Still waiting coming from "Sweedish post", China is faster let there be no doubt. Even before I have received the Voyo V2, there is a Voyo 3.
It has been in for about 3 Weeks, have not had the time to mess with it. Installed Kodi on it and ran 8 days straight streaming movies. Awesome MiniPC, money well spent with just one exception. The Wifi while works fairly well is insufficient for 1080p video and does buffer.