Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Question about the theme's

Question about the theme's

Postby linktopower » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:51 pm

hello!. I had a question, Its about the changing the dark theme too a Lighter one. Now I like the dark theme as much as the nest guy. but...
I kinda would like a brighter theme. But I have no idea On how to change the whole dark theme to a lighter one, or...is that even a option?

One thing that also bugs me on 3.2 is that the ubuntu-software-center. when you click on a object to see a description the test is all white and the only way to read it is to highlight it.

Thats about the only thing I'm having problems with now.
linktopower
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Re: Question about the theme's

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:21 pm

linktopower wrote:hello!. I had a question, Its about the changing the dark theme too a Lighter one. Now I like the dark theme as much as the nest guy. but...
I kinda would like a brighter theme. But I have no idea On how to change the whole dark theme to a lighter one, or...is that even a option?

One thing that also bugs me on 3.2 is that the ubuntu-software-center. when you click on a object to see a description the test is all white and the only way to read it is to highlight it.

Don't get mad at me. I do as many of our admin make GTK themes, what it has me realise as a singular entity. I do not pull out any admin in the things I about to say. Was probably the best thing I have done, do you want to know why? Not because this theme etc. looks better. GTK in general assumes you use a light theme & fight against me the entire time in development. Me fighting back to say I prefer a dark theme, makes their devs rethink, their situation. End results will be a proper GTK theme. The step into GTK3 is a step in that direction, while it pisses me off to learn coding & new standards over again & I assure you they are going in the right direction. You stepped in during the times of "growing pains" in a O/S dev world.

I'm sure that goes over the heads 90% of the world. Rest assured for the better.

http://gnomelook.org/ is you current only vestige.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby linktopower » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:12 pm

Don't get mad at me.

Hey no problem ;)

I do as many of our admin make GTK themes, what it has me realise as a singular entity. I do not pull out any admin in the things I about to say. Was probably the best thing I have done, do you want to know why? Not because this theme etc. looks better. GTK in general assumes you use a light theme & fight against me the entire time in development. Me fighting back to say I prefer a dark theme, makes their devs rethink, their situation. End results will be a proper GTK theme. The step into GTK3 is a step in that direction, while it pisses me off to learn coding & new standards over again & I assure you they are going in the right direction. You stepped in during the times of "growing pains" in a O/S dev world.

I'm sure that goes over the heads 90% of the world. Rest assured for the better.

http://gnomelook.org/ is you current only vestige.

Alright thanks for the Info.
I was just wondering that all. I'm sure you guys will get it worked out :)
linktopower
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Postby JOHNNYG » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:26 pm

:D WOW!!!!! For once a real reply from Thee master with so few cryptic words ! KUDOS to ya both !! <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:47 am

JOHNNYG wrote::D WOW!!!!! For once a real reply from Thee master with so few cryptic words ! KUDOS to ya both !! <BREW>

I do sometimes get cryptic ;) I hate letting any cat out of the bag. Rapunzel let down your shiny hair ;) You still at the same phone #?
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby JOHNNYG » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:55 am

<BREW> :D ;) yup! ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby Moebius » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:06 am

linktopower wrote:hello!. I had a question, Its about the changing the dark theme too a Lighter one. Now I like the dark theme as much as the nest guy. but...

As TheeMahn has mentioned above, it's a fairly big shift to GTK3 from the old ways of doing things.
It is still early-ish days for GTK3 and there are new themes slowly coming to the fore - Hell even I tried making one and getting my head around the code is not easy. Would love to see a WYSIWYG application that allowed anyone to come up with a theme - that would be a game changer!

Cheers. :)
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

themes

Postby dragonfly » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:55 am

I'm with "linktopower" as far as darkness is concerned. I went to Ubuntu Tweak, opened Tweak, then opened Theme and tried them all and used the one I liked the best. I'm wish there were more choices but one has to work with what one has, I don't complain much when I have the best OS on my computer and it's absolutely free LOL
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby gjringo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:00 am

Also find themes at Softpedia.... http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Desktop- ... nt/Themes/ and use this how to to install them....http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-I ... 1213.shtml

"You can use this guide to also add icon themes or fonts, just replace the ~/.themes folder with ~/.icons or ~/.fonts.

What do you need to get started? The GNOME Tweak Tool and a GTK3 theme, of course. So make sure you install the app by clicking the link below and grab your favorite GTK theme from our up-to-date Desktop Themes section, and follow the instructions below.

Install GNOME Tweak Tool

Now that GNOME Tweak Tool is installed, open your home folder and hit the CTRL+H key combination on you keyboard to see the hidden files and folders.

1. Right click on an empty area on the home folder and choose the "Create New Folder" option. Rename the folder as .themes (yes, with the dot in front of the name, as the folder will be hidden).

Review image

2. Enter that .themes folder and extract there the desired themes. As you can see from the image below, we've added two themes (Sammy and Zukitwo) in the .themes folder, each one with three different versions.

Review image

3. Now, click the Ubuntu logo from the Unity panel and search for Ubuntu Tweak Tool, which is actually called Advanced Settings. Click the shortcut and it will open.

4. Go to the "Theme" entry on the left side pane, and select one of the themes you've just extract from the "GTK+ theme" and the "Window theme" drop-down boxes.

Review image

That's it! The selected theme will be applied instantly and you can close the GNOME Tweak Tool. However, you must log out and log back in for the window (Metacity) theme to be applied too.

Editor's note: BE AWARE that root applications (the ones that ask for your password) will not be styled with this method. If you want to apply the theme on the entire system, you should extract the themes in the /usr/share/themes folder. To do that, you must use a terminal as root."
"The powers of financial capitalism had [a] far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
Carroll Quigley, 'Tragedy and Hope'

KUBUNTU : 13.10
OS4 OpenLinux 13.7 KDE
nOS 1.5
Intel P45 Quad 9550 @2.83GHz
Intergrated Audio-Realtek ALC888 4GB DDR2
WD 500GB main drive WD320GB external drive
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 1024MB
BenQ G2410 HD display Altec Lansing 5.1 sound
2 Cor 13:14
gjringo
U.E. Knowledgable