Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

What is wrong with Ambiance?

What is wrong with Ambiance?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 am

Oh I have been spending hours on this theme making which has led to a good month! I was basing my theme making off of "Ambiance" and I never realized how dreadful it was! Text on bottom taskbar not readable!!!! Plain jane looks on buttons and other places! Needs to be vanquished, defeated and destroyed! Yes, Yes I have done that!!!!! And from the ashes of its smoldering remains comes a beautiful readable remake! You ask "You mean you can actually read text on there????" Here's before and after and am sure you will agree "Ambiance_Reborn is the rightful aire to the throne of "Ambiance"

Ambiance.jpg
Ambiance

Ambiance_Reborn.jpg
Ambiance_Reborn
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: What is wrong with Ambiance?

Postby pam » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Good stuff Boss.

I have practically washed my hands off from touching gnome-classic/fallback and mate.

And you know why...

Because gnome-shell, gtk3 and everything gnome 3.0 is sexier than a naked woman.

On a practical note, try using looking glass when using gnome-shell..will help you to search and edit gtkrc files faster..
ALT+F2
type:
Code: Select all
lg
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Yeah, I need to take an extremely close look at gtk3, but I am not so much needing any changes made for Gnome 3.8 at the moment. :cry:

You've got some pretty cool stuff going on here.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks very much!!!! It was a lot of work and am now going to retire from that area for a bit! Got heckled on Gnome-looks by most likely someone who never put one together yet! Still, am beat on it and need a rest on them! They are very complicated and is no wonder so much havoc is caused by them! I got into this deal cause my all time fav Nissl-Adwaita-Dark-4 bit the dust once Gnome 3.8 arrived! Now due to some wording in that theme and its brilliant gtkrc sheet, I was able to find my errors and fix them! I then was able to reproduce Nissl-Remix, I call it as a great substitute for my beloved theme! I did one last version of The Red and the Black plus put all the repair versions of themes I had done in the last month. All have all colors in the gtk-main.css. The rest of the sheets, minus settings.ini, gtkrc and the 2 xml sheets have all wording. What this does is make it possible for a user to change the entire theme in about 15 or 20 minutes if they know their colors and what they want! Believe me, as I redid all 8 of the Ambiance versions I had messed up plus did these last two themes in one day! In the past would take me close to 3 days to find all the numbers and replace them. So least I was able to give something back, finally! I dumped all the original as there were errors enough to shake the upper task bar when switching to them! Was not a bad as other themes, but enough to not want to use them! Now am happy to say all just go right in with no hassle, whatsoever!

From this adventure I have learned that the reason Gnome 3.8 works terrible at times is because of all the conflicts! As I stated one part of the theme is telling it to turn something on and the other says off! Now when that theme goes to load, takes a dump! Is not because of all the update fancy dancy gtk and all other wording you can find! It is simply because of the old on, off computer theory we have all heard since learning in school! In layman's terms you can not turn something on and off at the same time! It is just not possible!!!! I also suppose that in the past, Gnome was a bit more forgiving when it came to errors of not identifying sizes using "px". Is not the case now and so many errors in that just cause it to flop and not work! Not sure who wrote gnome-applications.css but that one has some real trouble in it! Sure there are great lines in there, but some have way way too many errors. I found the necessary lines, added them in and watched as the theme reacted normally! Was awesome! To me it seemed that piece was put in there to make the additions and then dump! See most of the lines in widgets will work the entire system without hassle, so most of it is double talk! Still there are those few missing pieces and was great to add them in! Also there were extra pieces which caused major friction, so they were removed and commented out!

Am happy to say my desktop is working about 50x better! Every boot I used to watch things not loading, now they are! Now am just back to the normal here and there Nemo falls asleep!!!! Hey he works hard playing with Nautilus so I guess he deserves a rest once in awhile, right? Agree with Xan that Nemo is a clownfish! Still like the looks, but will say if Nautilus had the icons would probably heave ho on Nemo! Also got lucky adding a line at the beginning which adds a neat little glo and adds a little look to Nautilus, Brasero and Gnome Tweak! Hmm, maybe I did learn the java after all!!!! Well, will be around and be looking at other things soon! Just want to help and just hope this all helps everyone here and out there!!! Take care and always best wishes the best forum ever!!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby ryanvade » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Good to hear!!!

I have a few things on KDE-look. You always run into idiots who do nothing but criticize. Nothing to worry about though.

Can't wait to see more!!!!!!!!!!!

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks Ryanvade, needed that!!! Maybe down the road will do some more, but for now am going to take a breather! Now I updated yesterday and wouldn't you know it am at a jumbled boot again! Not sure what is going on with Gnome. All I can gather is it seems some people are writing with older terms, while others use newer. Unfortunately, those terms are then combined and presto, it equals problems! Is taking me three times to log into flashback!!!! Not sure if it has something to do with Nemo or what? Am to the point, going to just download a new version of Ultimate as TheeMahn is usually way ahead of everyone and puts a lot of fail-safe's in his systems! I am way too much of an amateur for that! I am lucky the OS's run at this point! Slowly but surely will find the best way to create a multiple desktop environment, but is definitely not in the present system!!!! Also have to say, I had modified Gnome shell so that on boot, I had beautiful log in colors! Updated out of that as that file was replaced!!! I am not sure how it reads, so have to study that one in the next few days!!!! My next plan for this stuff, is to point that shell to the current theme! Why should a user be tortured by Gnome's sickly color????? Sure some might like it, but to insure everyone does, what better way than to point it to what they like????? Thank God, I have a laptop to futz with!!!!! Is a real pain replacing those shell files if you mess it up! Been there done it!!!! Also thank God for flashdrives as that was the only way I was able to repair is replace the file. See, I have an agenda! In a way is a great thing I built such a flawed system! See if I would have been perfect at it, I would never noticed perspective problems and find cures for them! After the shell deal, I plan to move towards boot repair. There has to be better options for the user when things go wrong! Am also interested in KDE and sometime will have to see if I can get my stoplights integrated!!! I know those things are quite old! No, I did not build that! I simply kept them and modified for each theme. I would love to know the exact principles behind those XML files, Geometry wise as to improve, but for now will have to wait! Remember, am terrible at math anyway! I think I had a good comeback on that person that complained! I simply stated that all this takes time that we volunteer. Whether it is ugly to someone or gorgeous, one still needs to appreciate the time volunteered to try and make others happy! I think that is the most important thing and the basis for my work!!!!!! Take care and always best to everyone here is the greatest place to be!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:11 am

Wouldn't you know, Gnome shell did not update yesterday! I sure thought it did but must have been asleep at the switch!!!! Now all is good to go again! Just do miss the search bar with the icons now! Always change things I like into junk!!! Seems I just can not win!!!! I guess is the way it goes with Gnome, most of it you like, but some is a bummer that gets replaced!!!! Also noticed since this 13.04 and 3.8 combo anything I click on to drag goes fully screen and annoying! That was what I could not stand about you know what OS!!!! Sure wish people would leave it to us users to decide when we want things to get larger!!!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Themes, wallpapers, logos etc.