Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Fallout 3 Desktop Theme

Re: Fallout 3 Desktop Theme Overhaul - *! Input Needed !*

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Had to get rid of the icons

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

Code: Select all
dconf-editor

org-->mate-->caja-->desktop

noicons.png

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Now that the desktop icons are gone,

toomuch.png
maybe if I had like..1 drive. That's just ridiculous.

perhaps I may have a better use for..

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9305

The Conky Manager

conkymanager.png

To be fair, personally I am only interested in my CPU and Network(right top corner..done), and my screen resolution makes it so I have to get pretty custom with scripts, but this could be incredibly useful for those who like to experiment with conky and have several running at the same time.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:44 pm

One thing I should point out about Mate, which is along the lines of Gnome 2(you can actually use this too), is the ability to easily create launchers.

It really amounts to right clicking on the desktop and creating a launcher, or with the panel, right clicking, and then choosing add to panel.

In custom launcher for panel and on desktop a command can be entered, making life easier, personally I am partial to

conky
killall conky
killall cairo-dock
killall nautilus
compiz --replace

Don't get me wrong, the fact that every time I turn around, I have to install something with any of the Gnome bases to do a simple thing gets really old, really fast.
You know how you install a font in KDE? You click on the file. You know how you install a font in Gnome 3? You uninstall it and install KDE.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:19 pm

Terminal_Velocity.png

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Mastodonian » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:44 am

Wow! I honestly had abandoned this thread after a couple of weeks with not much traffic. Xanayoshi, that work you've done is simply incredible! I have got to try out some of those themes. The KDE desktop just isn't cutting it for me anymore. I'm honestly just going to switch to MATE. Did you make that Terminal theme on 3.4 LITE?
Mastodonian
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:18 pm

If you're using 3.5,3.5.1, it is doubtful it is KDE that's not cutting it..., but the version 4.8.5 does somewhat blow and one really needs to know how to run KDE on its own before using 3.5 so they aren't wasting time adjusting KDE with Gnome based shenanigans.

However, all of this is on 3.4 lite, but it is not 3.4.1 with Mate 1.6, it is a 3.4 lite with Mate 1.6, KDE 4.10.5 on 12.04.2.

So technically if one were asking for support on something like this, it really wouldn't be 3.4 lite anymore.

Anywho...

Yes the terminal version can be done on any Mate/Gnome 2/classic, so 3.4 lite would be ideal.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Re: Fallout 3 Desktop Theme

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:42 pm

I wish I had kept this. I practically live in TTW, and I was thinking of attempting to run it on Linux again. The main issue I have isn't the mods themselves as these can be integrated rather easily, but getting the 4gb Script Extender going was annoying.

https://gfurst.wordpress.com/2015/04/03 ... -on-linux/

I'm thinking maybe of pulling my drives and installing a new dual installation with Win and setting it up, then running that through Wine. Ugh..so ghetto. We need this native..stupid Bethesda.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby ubijohnny » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Cool desktop, awesome work, thanks for sharing the idea!
To want to, is to be able to.
ubijohnny
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Mackie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:09 pm

Awesome image. Thanks for sharing Xanayoshi. Do you have anything else similar to this?
Mackie
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Themes, wallpapers, logos etc.