Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Help needed customizing my desktop

Help needed customizing my desktop

Postby rjb3353 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Hello,
I recently installed Ultimate Edition on my laptop and I have some questions.

1. I am fairly new to using the Compiz Fusion window manager and at first was not able to make changes to the window borders. I was using the Appearance Preferences tool at first and then I saw the Emerald Themer tool and was finally successful at making changes to the window borders. I am a little confused however, when using Compiz do you use the Emerald Themer only for the window borders and the regular Appearance Preferences tool for all the other theme changes? Some of the things do not seem to work however, so far I have been unable to change the pointer.

2.The other question I have is how do you change the splash screens and the login screen and where can I find more screen images for these? When I selected the Splash Screen item from the System+Preferences menu there are no installed splash screens.

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to give.
Robert
rjb3353
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Re: Help needed customizing my desktop

Postby JOHNNYG » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Hello and welcome ! if you right click the compiz icon (upper right task bar) you will see several options, go to "select window decorator" you will see several, click "GTK window decorator", Then reload window manager! This will activate gtk as your window decorator, then you may change or modify your theme via "appearances" or right click on your desktop and "change desktop background", "themes" tab, "customize" button! :ugeek:
To change you gdm Install the python gdm2 deb I have provided and install !
NOTE, if you have installed any new themes or icons, and you wish them to be recognized system wide'
Code: Select all
sudo nautilus

Then navigate to /home /YouR NAME/, Then "view"> "hidden files" , go to .themes, copy and past those themes to> usr/share/themes, Now do the same with any icons or pointers, from /home/YouRName/.icons to usr/share/icons
also if you wish to have your new theme recognized system wide, After doing the above , in terminal do these commands;
sudo rm -r /root/.themes

sudo rm -r /root/.icons

sudo ln -s /home/john/.themes /root/.themes

sudo ln -s /home/john/.icons /root/.icons
Attachments
python-gdm2setup_0.3.2-1_all.deb
(10.32 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Help needed customizing my desktop

Postby stanca » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:11 pm

And for the cursor theme issue try this:
Screenshot.png
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Return to Themes, wallpapers, logos etc.