Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Jr

Ultimate Jr

Postby DaringSoule » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:00 am

As many of you know i have been working on a collection of software for ages 3-12 for my grand kids. i have been taking advise from all over the net. after dinking with ubuntu even looking at other OS's. then a wise man with a bottle in his hand the other night said stupid why would u build on anything that u wouldn't use. so i started working on this. i call it Ultimate Jr. i am stripping the programming stuff the cd/dvd burner stuff and every thing that is not needed for kids. and replacing with educational stuff some from edubuntu some from many other sources.
i want to use the candy cane theme that was out here cant recall whose made it think it was cowboy sorry if i am wrong on that. but here is some of the artwork i have put together for it.
the reason i am doing this is because i have installed edubuntu just as boring as ubuntu. and others i have tried and didnt like. i hope i can get the support from this group in this i will be listing theemahn as the inspirer and maker of the underlying OS.
Attachments
UltimateJr 1.jpg
UE-ghettoTUX.png
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Ultimate Jr

Postby JOHNNYG » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:30 am

<BREW> I think this is a great idea ! and you have all my best wishes, once your done you might want to ask TheeMahn to host it !! :D I think the theme you speak of is the Christmas theme ! Good luck my friend ! <BREW>
Attachments
XmasTheme.tar.gz
(48.52 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Screenshot-1.png
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DaringSoule » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:00 pm

thanks johnny
that was not the one i was thinking of but definitely getting added
the one i was thinking of the controls changed colors when u ran the moused over them
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby DaringSoule » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:24 am

Johnny it was your glass candy theme i was trying to find. found it now plan on making it default theme if that is cool with uhttp://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4565
Last edited by DaringSoule on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby DaringSoule » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 am

ah this looks better
Attachments
Screenshot.png
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby TexasMike » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:23 am

DaringSoule,
I think this is a great idea!! What a good idea! My grandkids are "hooked on windoze" but really like my Ultimate Edition system and fight over it when they are at my home. Granted, they are nearly all over the age of 13 now, but this would be great for my youngest grandson. :D
Keep us posted with your progress,and do not hesitate to ask me for any assistance I can give, and I am sure all here will be very supportive! <BREW>
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Video: nVdia GTX650
Drives:1TB SATAIII, 2ea 500GB SATAIII,
SSD: Samsung EV840 mSATa 250GB
CD/DVD: Plextor PL-890SA
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T260
MultiBoot OS: Ultimate Edition 3.4.2x64, 4.2x64-Lite, WIN7x64, WIN8.1x64
Power Supply: Corsair 850Watt
TexasMike
Site Admin

Postby DaringSoule » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:42 am

i am in search of a theme that has a larger set of buttons, i let my grand daughter take what i have done so far with UEJr for a test drive and the max min close buttons where her big thing.

i am right now trying to go thru johnny's code on his theme glass candy trying to find a place where i might be able to boost the size. any hints or known themes would be appreciated.
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:36 pm

HEY !!! no mess'n with the codes !!!................ :lol: Open the metacity folder thats where the buttons are right click on the buttons and open with gimp, (one at a time) under image tab click scale image and up the scale a bit you will have to experiment,then "file" "save" and it will save your new image with the larger buttons, when you have done them all you will have to rename the "candy" folder like candy_Big or something, If I get some time I will work on this also for you ! good luck let me know if you need any help ! ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DaringSoule » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:34 am

Johnny
I found i could not mess with the theme much in the virtualbox as it readjusts the resolution every time i change the size. so anyway been using the candy theme on my main while i work on it and one of the things that has to be fixed is some windows have black text in the and this has the black background so u cant read them. i wish i could recall which app did that cause i really would like u to see what i see i am sure i will find it again and i will try to post right away. i really want to get this theme fine tuned cause i love it it is one of the finest themes i have ever seen.
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby DaringSoule » Sat May 01, 2010 3:21 am

thanks for the encouragement Mike it is going to take awhile to get it the way i want it truly hardest part is testing software to decide the best to put in so i reduce the amount of doubling up as much as possible got most of the security issued figured out but with this being a children's edition i am focusing on filtering net usage have found a few programs available thru addons with fire fox in this matter i will do some doubling up as this is a feature i wuld rather error infovor of the childs safty. also want to have separate web browsers available for like the 3-7 and the 8+

i have a google site set up for for Jr but the nice thing about it is i have 100+ kids sites listed which have come highly rated and then some more that my grandkids hit all the time.

also with a kids edition i have little concern for their privacy when it comes to their parents and will most likely install a key logger that can be accessed by the parents. again would rather error in favor of the child's safety.

if you haven't figured out yet i am trying to build in as many child safety as possible. i know part of that goes against what a lot of linuxers think with freedom of the net but as a parent and grandparent i know kids trust to easy and with this in mind i am forgoing some of their freedoms for safety we all make these choices every day. and i don't want UEJr to be a window into a childs life for any predator.
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Next

Return to Themes, wallpapers, logos etc.