Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Jr

Re: Ultimate Jr

Postby deate » Sat May 01, 2010 10:09 am

Just so you know, if you need help with art work, my skills(such as they are) are available...without Ultimate Edition, I might have never have discovered "Blender" a 3D program I am learning and love! If you want, have your grandkids design their own penguins, and I'll try to translate them into 3D models that can be used for wallpapers and such...this will give me more practice for my Blending skills
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby DaringSoule » Sat May 01, 2010 1:39 pm

deate wrote:Just so you know, if you need help with art work, my skills(such as they are) are available...without Ultimate Edition, I might have never have discovered "Blender" a 3D program I am learning and love! If you want, have your grandkids design their own penguins, and I'll try to translate them into 3D models that can be used for wallpapers and such...this will give me more practice for my Blending skills

now this would be greatly appropriated.
i would love to see some wallpapers that are designed around kids. i like my ghetto tux emblem but would like to see something different & eye catching .

thank you very much
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat May 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Here are a bunch o tux's ! <BREW>
Attachments
myFAV-TUX.rar
(6.54 MiB) Downloaded 288 times
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DaringSoule » Tue May 11, 2010 8:01 am

hey Johnny i am still having problems making the control buttons and title bar larger i did like u told me but all i get is a big question mark in the theme folder
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby JOHNNYG » Tue May 11, 2010 8:53 am

[quote="DaringSoule"]hey Johnny i am still having problems making the control buttons and title bar larger i did like u told me but all i get is a big question mark in the theme folder[/quote}

I to have been playing with this, and it must be in the control script ! I will keep trying ! ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 am

DaringSoule wrote:also with a kids edition i have little concern for their privacy when it comes to their parents and will most likely install a key logger that can be accessed by the parents. again would rather error in favor of the child's safety.

if you haven't figured out yet i am trying to build in as many child safety as possible. i know part of that goes against what a lot of linuxers think with freedom of the net but as a parent and grandparent i know kids trust to easy and with this in mind i am forgoing some of their freedoms for safety we all make these choices every day. and i don't want UEJr to be a window into a childs life for any predator.

Looks like a great idea. I'll have to give a copy to my Niece for her daughter, for this part there is an abundance of info. in this thread on that topic.
HOWTO: Parental control. Now with GUI too! (updated version)
Don't let the date of it's creation throw you off it was updated 2 weeks ago.
Gnome Nanny looks pretty cool and has been recommended fairly often.

I'll be looking for it's release. <BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby DaringSoule » Tue May 11, 2010 3:25 pm

thanks bro really appreciate it
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby DaringSoule » Tue May 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks to Moebius we have a Firefox startpage
i altered the search box so it uses kids safe filter and added links to Ujr and to the Ultimate Edition home page. but everything else was supplied by Moebius.
this is really starting to take place rather quickly and excitedly. i have tried every other kids OS and i think this is the first time anyone has actually thought thoroughly what do kids need and want. luckily for me my grandson and daughter are very forth coming in what they want :mrgreen:

I am hoping i can have the main programs put together by time Johnny gets the theme figured out. i thank you all for your help and all help is welcome and appreciated.
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:13 pm

[quote="DaringSoule"]
Hi DaringSoule,

I have some fonts that you may like for Jr.. They are easy to install just extract to a folder and click on the TTF file and you can see the fonts then click on Install font if you want to install it. There are various ASL (American Sign Language) handsign fonts, scrabble, Halloween, cartoon and others. So I would say some educational and fun ones in the mix.
They work in gedit and Open Office I'm not sure about elsewhere else but I think it would be in anything just like any other font.

If you delete the folder you install them from then they are gone.
<BREW>
Attachments
4-UE-Jr.tar.gz
(431.22 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby DaringSoule » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:06 am

sorry took so long to get back (sicker than a 2 headed dog in a garbage pit). but great timing i had just started looking at sounds and fonts.
I see 2.7 came out while i was praying to the porcelain goddess. so getting ready to DL it and strip it then build off it.

Good news grand daughter has been living on my virtual PC with UEjr and loving it. but will be trashing some of the games cause they are far from ready to be incorporated into a structured release. was suggested to use OoOjr for the office suite but for the life of me i can not get it to install unwrap or anything so will be looking harder at that too
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Themes, wallpapers, logos etc.