Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition Themes with Splashy, Not Usplash

Re: Ultimate Edition Themes with Splashy, Not Usplash

Postby archeryguru2000 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:21 am

JOHNNYG wrote:I see you are hard at work ! are you trying to make a .deb with splashy in place of usplash !?

No sir, just eliminating the usplash dependence within the .deb folders. However, I've never created a .deb file before, just assumed it couldn't be that difficult.
JOHNNYG wrote:if so my next question is why ? at this point both usplash and splashy are and or will be a thing of the past ! Plymouth is the future ! but that as it is, try installing the Debain folder from the original .deb and see if that is what it is looking for, or compare your Debian/control to the 2.1 Debian/control, just a thought, good luck my friend !

Interesting, I've never heard of this Plymouth you speak of. I did some poking around and noticed that many distros are (eventually) resorting to this instead of usplash. I hope there will be a great deal of customizing available for this bit of software. After all, that was one of my original reasons for breaking-up with Windoze in the first place.
JOHNNYG wrote:TheeMahn would be the Guru of choice to answer this but alas he is knee deep in Ultimate Edition 2.6 and looking to bring a finished product to the table ! It might be a while before he could lend his hand !, but if you keep this thread fresh someone with more knowhow than I will surly be around to help !

I completely understand the pressure that he may be under. I may just wait it out. I am completely content with my current theme(s), just thought I would experiment a bit. After all, I can't leave anything alone... for very long that is. ;)
~~archery~~
archeryguru2000
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Themes, wallpapers, logos etc.