Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Your Art

Re: Your Art

Postby Mardon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:55 am

Hey cowboy your art is great, I have been working on some wallpaper but don't have a lot of time, mountains of yard work this time of year. I have looked at gimp it seems way to hard thats why I use xaralx it is pretty easy , xaralx is in synaptic if you want to give it a try?
Mark
Mardon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby cowboy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:01 am

Thanks for the input, will give it a spin...Here is one for everyone,,Xaos..never could get the tutorials downloaded but it works. It is great for backgrounds..site is here.. http://wmi.math.u-szeged.hu/xaos/doku.php?id=main and here is a few backgrounds made with it. It is also in synaptic.. ;) I agree Gimp is hard but when you use it more and more, like anything else, it becomes easier..I am still trying to talk myself in to liken it. ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:21 am

jfg69 wrote:
cowboy wrote:
DaddyX3 wrote:So what software do you use to create your artwork on?

Sorry it took so long to reply, just finally got my system up and running, that is another thread, lol. The best way to answer you is by this post, remember jfg69? that was to funny ;) http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=461378&page=65 I have been working more and more with Gimp, there is so much to learn, so many tricks,,,hope this helps..P.S. there is more software that I do use, that is Linux based can't give out all the secrets..yet :D

That WAS funny, back in the "old days" lol... and ya know what? I STILL hate the gimp! I keep my XP alive for maybe 3 programs...PSCS3 is one of them! I just cant get used to anything else, given all the years it took me to learn PS! But Cowboy, you got that gimp and kicked his ass!

j...

PS heres one I was working on a while back, aside from the fact that the wording is a little off, I never got to finish the text effects. Was going to add a smooth rounded bevel, polished gold look and maybe a sparkle or lens flare...

I will drop a screen shot using your wallpaper in a few minutes I'm sure you will really like it. I will also attach the theme. It is called aero for GTK and aero-NG for the borders. I love it, it can not be integrated in Ultimate Edition it has glitches in the GTK 2 resource files I have been meaning to fix it, just have not had the time. Even though now viewing the screenshot it appears to be transparent it is not all controls are the same bitmap as used in you wallpaper.

You can get Aero using Art Manager System>>Preferences>>Art Manager

select Art>>Desktop Themes>>Application and select Aero from the list Enjoy!!!

Screenshot-3.png
aero.png
Attachments
aero-ng-default-1.1.tar.gz
Aero NG theme
(19.11 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby jfg69 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:19 am

TheeMahn wrote:I will drop a screen shot using your wallpaper in a few minutes I'm sure you will really like it. I will also attach the theme. It is called aero for GTK and aero-NG for the borders. I love it, it can not be integrated in Ultimate Edition it has glitches in the GTK 2 resource files I have been meaning to fix it, just have not had the time. Even though now viewing the screenshot it appears to be transparent it is not all controls are the same bitmap as used in you wallpaper.

You can get Aero using Art Manager System>>Preferences>>Art Manager

select Art>>Desktop Themes>>Application and select Aero from the list Enjoy!!!

Screenshot-3.png
aero.png

Very cool!

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Interesting screensaver

Postby jfg69 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:35 am

http://electricsheep.org/index.cgi?&menu=about

Creates screensavers on the fly using info from OTHER peoples computers (or at least thats my understanding...) using a bit torrent technology.
Looks very cool, but wonder about security... any worse than opening up ports to torrents?

jfg69
Site Admin

Postby Mardon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:32 am

Thanks cowboy, I will look at Xaos. If you haven't looked at Xara yet go to there web site, they have great tutorials and movies. When I have some time I will look at Gimp again and give it a try. :o
Mark
Mardon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby cowboy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Xara is a excellent addition to anyone's arsenal in graphics, always installed it but really never took a look at it. With the use of the other graphic software that is available one could really get down and do some quality work. Thanks for bringing it to the attention of the Forum and others...looking forward to see some of your work and others. ;)
"Back up your Data"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Mushkin SSD coming soon
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby jfg69 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:13 pm

OK, cowboy! I got an update on that last wallpaper for ya... got a little PS action going and played around for a few minutes before work... 1024x768
Attachments
gold_newcarbon.jpg

jfg69
Site Admin

Postby albury_bob » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:46 am

Thought I might post a 3d logo I was working on today. I am new to 3d art, but I think this turned out OK.
albury_bob
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby cowboy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:46 am

OK?...That is sharp, did a great job, like to see more, maybe we can get a gallery going. ;)
"Back up your Data"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Mushkin SSD coming soon
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

PreviousNext

Return to Themes, wallpapers, logos etc.