Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Debian 5.0 Lenny Lightscribe Labels

Re: Debian 5.0 Lenny Lightscribe Labels

Postby deate » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:54 pm

kiwinsn wrote:Does anyone know of working LightScribe software for use with Ubuntu X64 architechture?

Cheers
maybe a starting point...http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/linux/index.aspx
I'd pose the question on their forum, might be able to find some substitute there
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby pch.shot » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:09 am

I have had 2 boxes of Lightscribe discs sitting around for 2 years now(1 dvd, 1cd). Maybe one of these days I'll get a round tuit!!!
Attachments
0260-RoundTuit.JPG
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby red_team316 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:37 pm

kiwinsn wrote:Does anyone know of working LightScribe software for use with Ubuntu X64 architechture?

Cheers

Lacie Lightscribe Labeler works fine on x64. You just need to follow these instructions on symlinking to the 32-bit library. http://howtopenguin.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... re-on.html

Try saving this off as a bash script. It's a reconstructor module I was working on that I haven't release yet, but stripped out the reconstructor stuff from it so not to confuse you. If it doesn't work, it might be because I was testing a one-liner awhile ago, so if it doesn't then you should be able to find the one line and fix it.
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
#
# Stripped Reconstructor Module - Install Lightscribe Software

# Color Codes
red='\e[0;31m'
blue='\e[0;34m'
endColor='\e[0m'

COUNT=1

echo Running $RMOD_NAME...

mkdir lightscribe
cd lightscribe

# Download the 32-bit .deb files and an icon for Lightscribe

wget http://download.lightscribe.com/ls/lightscribe-1.14.32.1-linux-2.6-intel.deb
# Check the deb was downloaded, else keep trying to download it...
while [ ! -e lightscribe-1.14.32.1-linux-2.6-intel.deb ]
do
    echo -e "${red}Lightscribe System Software installer Download Failed. Attempt #"$COUNT" Retrying...${endColor}"
    wget http://download.lightscribe.com/ls/lightscribe-1.14.32.1-linux-2.6-intel.deb
    let COUNT=COUNT+1
done
echo -e "${blue}Lightscribe System Software installer was successfully downloaded.${endColor}"
COUNT=1

wget http://uploads.mitechie.com/lightscribe/4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb
while [ ! -e 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb ]
do
    echo -e "${red}Lacie Lightscribe Labeler installer Download Failed. Attempt #"$COUNT" Retrying...${endColor}"
    wget http://uploads.mitechie.com/lightscribe/4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb
    let COUNT=COUNT+1
done
echo -e "${blue}Lacie Lightscribe Labeler installer was successfully downloaded.${endColor}"
COUNT=1

wget http://lawrencecomputing.dyn-o-saur.com/lightscribe/lightscribe.png
while [ ! -e lightscribe.png ]
do
    echo -e "${red}Lightscribe Graphic Download Failed. Attempt #"$COUNT" Retrying...${endColor}"
    wget http://lawrencecomputing.dyn-o-saur.com/lightscribe/lightscribe.png
    let COUNT=COUNT+1
done
echo -e "${blue}Lightscribe Graphic was successfully downloaded.${endColor}"
COUNT=1

# TODO: add uname -m to test for x86_64 or x86,
#       if x86_64, install ia32-libs so lib32 dir will exist.

# Install LightScribe Host Software and LightScribe Labeling Software in that order
# --force-architecture is used in case your LiveCD is 64-bit
dpkg --force-architecture -i lightscribe-1.14.32.1-linux-2.6-intel.deb
dpkg --force-architecture -i 4l_1.0-r6_i386.deb

ln -s /usr/lib/liblightscribe.so.1 /usr/lib32/
ln -s /usr/lib/liblightscribe.so /usr/lib32/
ldconfig

# Copy the icon file into Ubuntu's shared icon directory
cp lightscribe.png /usr/share/pixmaps/4L-gui.png

# Remove the old Menu entries in case someone runs this module more than once
rm -rf /usr/share/applications/4L-gui-kde.desktop
rm -rf /usr/share/applications/4L-gui-gnome.desktop

# Create a KDE menu item
echo "[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Lacie Lightscribe Labeler
GenericName=Lightscribe Labeler
Comment=Label a disc with Lightscribe
Exec=/usr/bin/4L-gui
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/4L-gui.png
Categories=Application;AudioVideo;DiscBurning;
Name[en_US]=Lacie Lightscribe Labeler
GenericName[en_US]=Lightscribe Labeler
OnlyShowIn=KDE;
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true" > /usr/share/applications/4L-gui-kde.desktop

# Create a Gnome menu item
echo "[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Lacie Lightscribe Labeler
GenericName=Lightscribe Labeler
Comment=Label a disc with Lightscribe
Exec=gksudo /usr/bin/4L-gui
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/4L-gui.png
Categories=Application;AudioVideo;DiscBurning;
Name[en_US]=Lacie Lightscribe Labeler
GenericName[en_US]=Lightscribe Labeler
NotShowIn=KDE;
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true" > /usr/share/applications/4L-gui-gnome.desktop

# remove debs and other data
cd ..
rm -rf lightscribe

echo Finished...
exit 0

Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby drama » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:04 am

as a regular debian user i thought i would chime in here.

strider5236 wrote:Looks great. How about one for Ultimate? I think that would be the next step in making this an even more professional distro. Then TheeMahn could sell the disk's to those who have no other means of burning or do not have a fast enough internet connect to get it. Just a thought. ;)

will never happen. thee has already said he refuses to accept money/donations on any level. i remember back when we were having hosting issues. even then he refused to accept money from the team to get better hosting.

strider5236 wrote:How is the new 5.0. I was wanting to check it out, but do not want to waste the time if it is not all that it is cracked up to be.

i think its rather good actually. i use it regualarly. just as i do Ultimate Edition. ive been using it for about a yr and a half now. i always use testing tho. my only gripe with debian is if you stick with stable more often than not you end up with seriously outdated software. a new stable only comes along once every 2yrs or so. packages from unstable(sid) can be moved to testing after 10days if no critical bugs are found/reported. but packages from testing almost never make it into current stable. 5.0 is what testing was though. basically when it comes release time testing becomes new stable. at release time testing and stable are identical. hope this all makes sense. basically my testing install ive been running over a yr is basically the exact same as the current stable (5.0/lenny went stable on feb 14th).

strider5236 wrote:Do I really need to download all the iso's to get the full app list available? Or can I get the first disk and then get the rest through the repo?

actually you have 3 options. either cd1. dvd1. or something called "netinstall". basically the netinstall is a 133mb iso image. it installs only the core of teh os though. no "de" or anything like that. just a basic command line system. you just download the rest (only what you need) with either apt-get or aptitude. i always opt for the netinstall option because most of whats on the first dvd i dont even use with the exception of gnome.

you can also get a minimal gnome istall by removing the check from everything but standard (during install) then after install run

Code: Select all
apt-get install gnome-core

its only a VERY basic gnome install tho. but it saves disc space and you dont download stuff you dont need.

there is ALOT of info to be found over at debian forums. but i refuse to ask a question over tehre. they have some nice members but most of them are just pricks.

pch.shot wrote:I have had some success with installing packages from Debian(after going through dependency hell) when I couldn't get what I wanted from the Ubuntu repositories, but Ubuntu packages just don't work for the most part with Debian. Why? Me no know, me no care(a little Jamaican for ya all)!!!

ive always wondered that myself. i tend to stay away from mixing packages though. if its not in any distro spacific repo then i just compile it.

Baphomet wrote:
strider5236 wrote:Check out this one for multimedia.

deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org stable main

That/those must be the Marillat repos I keep reading about...

that is exactly correct. that is the christian marillat repo.

also i have an additional one for you

while its not being maintained anymore. it does contain even newer versions of compiz-fusion than whats in teh repos. last i checked anyway. as well as some plugins that arent in the offical repos. ive been thinking about taking over that repo myself but havent exactly decided for sure yet.

also be very careful with yoru sources.list. i advise against mixing stable/testing/sid repos.
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Previous

Return to Themes, wallpapers, logos etc.