Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

NEW LOGO NEEDED !! SOLVED!

Re: NEW LOGO NEEDED !!

Postby stinger30au » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:43 pm

why not just change the spelling.

instead of calling it "ubuntu" call it "oo-boon-to"

this software has already established itself as Ultimate edition, so it could change to "Oo-Boon-To Ultimate Edition"
User of Ultimate edition 1.8 32 bit
stinger30au
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby cowboy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:01 pm

stinger30au wrote:why not just change the spelling.

instead of calling it "ubuntu" call it "oo-boon-to"

this software has already established itself as Ultimate edition, so it could change to "Oo-Boon-To Ultimate Edition"

Thanks for the input, but speaking only for myself, the direction I believe will be just calling the Distro...Ultimate Edition. We have a new logo, courtesy of spider. so that problem has been solved :) ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby mig » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:23 pm

whats the problem of ubuntu and jane? using logos? using web sites? i don't think so.
the real problem is a very good name. and TheeMahn made an excellent and speedy decision: ULTIMATE EDITION!

now, we have an excellent distro with an excellent name (and an excellent artwork and .... and......)

Let's go on, ULTIMATE EDITION!
mig
mig
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:20 pm

Thanks fellas, I wish I didn't have to change a thing, re-writing 6 websites has really set me back; still plenty to go gamers and 1.7 will have to wait. Sorry...
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby minotaur » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:15 am

When I decided to install Ultimate 1.5, I did that because I trusted the name Ubuntu. I gave credits to Ubuntu. And I think (and it's only my personal opinion) that is unfair from Canonical to put "trade mark" restrictions to free spirit and creativity of Thee Mann and the other developers of the distro. I would like that we keep a part of the name "Ubuntu" because is the name that introduced me and all of you (I suppose) to the beautiful Ultimate distro. I propose a new similar name (like in other non-official Ubuntu projects) and this is "ULBUNTU" (combination of the words UL-timate and u-BUNTU). I think that will be no big problem for Canonical to accept this, as number of distros exist today, named "Elbuntu, Geubuntu, nUbuntu, Mythbuntu, Fluxbuntu, Ubuntu Studio!! A sea of "-buntu" distributions and the only problem for Canonical is the Ultimate Edition??? Please, friends, think of "ULBUNTU" name. As for the new logo, I propose the Ultimate Edition Ice logo without the circles in the three places, replaced by metallic spears. I'll try to design it.
Thanks.
minotaur
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby cowboy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:44 am

I tend to agree with you on some issues, i will put this idea towards everyone A rose by any other name would smell as sweet Romeo & Juliet Act 2 Scene 2. Leaving out Ubuntu will not hurt this Distro, Ultimate Edition is best. There is other Distro out there Linux Mint comes to mind, it is also a great OS, but it is not one that I personally run as my Main OS. It is not hurt by the fact Ubuntu is not in there name. Time will tell, and the word is out and spreading about Ultimate Edition, it in itself is the best advertisement that can be had. The Logo that spider designed, and this my opinon really can't be beat. I can modify it to suit my application, something you can't do(found this out personally) with Ubuntu's. So I guess I will go back to work, making a clear glass look with spiders or Ultimate Edition logo.

Image here..rough draft mind you.. img,1,png.[ ] ;)
"Back up your Data"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Mushkin SSD coming soon
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby minotaur » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:45 pm

This is my proposal. The Logo, the name "Ulbuntu" and the slogan "The Ultimate Experience".
minotaur
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Mardon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:57 pm

cowboy wrote:I tend to agree with you on some issues, i will put this idea towards everyone A rose by any other name would smell as sweet Romeo & Juliet Act 2 Scene 2. Leaving out Ubuntu will not hurt this Distro, Ultimate Edition is best. There is other Distro out there Linux Mint comes to mind, it is also a great OS, but it is not one that I personally run as my Main OS. It is not hurt by the fact Ubuntu is not in there name. Time will tell, and the word is out and spreading about Ultimate Edition, it in itself is the best advertisement that can be had. The Logo that spider designed, and this my opinon really can't be beat. I can modify it to suit my application, something you can't do(found this out personally) with Ubuntu's. So I guess I will go back to work, making a clear glass look with spiders or Ultimate Edition logo.

Image here..rough draft mind you.. img,1,png.[ ] ;)

Don't know if you have read the old post? we have a new logo it's the one around our names and the new distro is called Ultimate Edition ( Ultimate Editon) but thanks for the input. :D
Mardon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby minotaur » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:35 pm

Just "Ultimate Edition"?? Ultimate edition of what? :? You can say "Ultima", "Ultimatum" maybe, but...just "ultimate edition"? :?:
minotaur
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby cowboy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:42 pm

It is unfortunate that we had to change anything but we had to, I commend you on your zeal but as I posted earlier we have are Logo and the name change is what it implies. "Ulbuntu" your suggestion is to close to Ubuntu that it too could be considered misleading. Ultimate has been around for a while see here the org. thread.. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=309704 Your wallpaper is great looks similar to the one I modified for 1.5 edition UUEice that too is not allowed by Conicals rules on modification of there logo, even though you have deleted the 3 round spheres that encircle the circle, you still have the indentations of the original logo. I should know this fact well for I have over 200 variations of the logo on a USB stick, but never the less good work,sorry we cannot use it. But keep in mind you too can also make your own Distro ;) TheeMahn has provided you and anyone else the tools and the how to's. See the how to's section in this Forum, some pretty slick stuff, ;) Right here for additional reading is what Conical's policy's are.. http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy
Attachments
UUEice.png
"Back up your Data"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Mushkin SSD coming soon
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

PreviousNext

Return to Themes, wallpapers, logos etc.