Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Wndows border color challenges. [SELF SOLVED]

Frequently Asked Questions

Wndows border color challenges. [SELF SOLVED]

Postby Boogaloo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:16 pm

I am brand new to Linux, and loving every minute of it so far. I stumbled upon Ultimate Edition and fell in love even more. I dontated $25.00 and downloaded and installed Ultimate Edition 3.9 and now I am euphoric, but also a bit intimidated.

My biggest challenge is that I am not a big fan of the black borders around every window. Firefox is my browser of choice, and having a total black surround is too much work for my old guy eyes. It is really hard for me to find the top edge of the window so that I can drag the window to my 2nd monitor for example, and when I have multiple apps open, only the selected app has it's title bar visible, making it nearly impossible for me to navigate.

What I am hoping is that someone can guide me through the process of changing the border colors to something a little lighter, so that they are clearly discernable against the darker backgrounds I prefer in my OS environment.

I can't imagine that I am stuck with black borders... or am I ??

Thanks

<edit>

Just after I posted this question, I strarted to navigate through the system settings panels and discovered the "GTK" panel in the system settings environment, and changed the GTK2 theme to a much more pleasant setting called "blackbird" That seems to have solved the problem for me at this point.

Please forgive the new guy flailing about, but know that I am happy I was able to discover the solution on my own!!!!

Thanks!
Asus Sabertooth X58 Mobo, Realtek ALC892 Integrated Audio
Intel Core-i7 X980
12 GB Memory via (3) 1333 Mhz DIMMS
nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPU.
3 Hard Drives
Boogaloo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: Wndows border color challenges. [SELF SOLVED]

Postby Boogaloo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:32 am

Blackwolf wrote:Welcome Boogaloo

See......your learning already :D Welcome.

Thank you so much Blackwolf.!.

I tried something similar yesterday and actually changed a buch of things in CompizManager, and ended up having to re-install Ultimate Edition 3.9 because I borked my window control ability. In other words, I lost the ability to resize, or even move windows around on the screen. I could not get back to zero, so I just reinstalled the OS and started over.

Anyway, loving this OS, and learning a little bit more with every minute I spend wandering around within it.

Thanks!
Asus Sabertooth X58 Mobo, Realtek ALC892 Integrated Audio
Intel Core-i7 X980
12 GB Memory via (3) 1333 Mhz DIMMS
nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPU.
3 Hard Drives
Boogaloo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Return to Ultimate Edition F.A.Q.